OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

denver just seems like the easier team to score on, murray and jokic are terrible on def and those two are who they need on the court

a denver series also gives the clips more rest and for pat to get healthier

it is funny that the jazz if the team everyone wanted to match up with and here they are likely to move to the second round

dont forget that denver is not fully healthy right now but would slowly get there if they advance to the next round
also take into consideration that they can still go to a game 7 and that would still provide us with some extra rest

honestly don't care if we get the extra rest though since our roster has always been shorthanded all season and we are still as good as we are. i know pat bev is a big part of our team and energy, but other guys have stepped up. i mainly just want him back just so doc doesn't have to play anymore stupid lineups that hurts us on defense lol

shoulda been a sweep. Shoulda definitely been 4-1. But that game 4 collapse should show these guys we gotta blow the game open when we have a chance. I hate when we’re up big at start taking long jumpers every time down. Keep doing what got you the lead.

My preference would be Utah so Zu and Trez don’t have to worry about guarding a center that can shoot 3’s.

PG is supposed to be putting up at least 25 8 7 each game. No excuse for how he's been playing.

PG is supposed to be putting up at least 25 8 7 each game. No excuse for how he's been playing.

This isn't how basketball is played. Unless you're Bron / Kawhi / KD you're going to have bad shooting nights.

He had 9 Rebs and 7ast and made some HUGE plays down the stretch

(He obviously has to shoot better long term and eventually that'll turn around but he didn't play bad at all)

its weird because he was doing well and then a few misses later he checked out and he kept driving and then kicking it out, i get it its boban in there but get some contact and go to the foul line

dudes just been scared to drive, i think he only shot a ft from lukas tech, he needs to find a way to get to the foul line more

its weird because he was doing well and then a few misses later he checked out and he kept driving and then kicking it out, i get it its boban in there but get some contact and go to the foul line

dudes just been scared to drive, i think he only shot a ft from lukas tech, he needs to find a way to get to the foul line more

This is my issue with him. I can live with missed shots, but him getting all the way to the basket just to throw it out was irritating. He’s 6’9” and athletic. He needs to just go strong. If he gets blocked, fine. But don’t **** out.

His shot selection is terrible and he has more bad shooting nights than good ones.

PG also could stand to benefit from Kawhi / CP3 / Harden / Lou playbook. Playing the refs more, accentuating contact, and getting some easy FTA when you recognize that the team in the penalty.

Those guys are so good at that.

it’s looking like we’re gonna get Denver. From one foul hunter to another. I hate Jokic’s flopping so much :lol:

Don’t know if others felt this way but I’ve been battling the pro Reggie train for a bit. People were telling me he was unplayably bad yesterday and that doc should be trying mcgruder ahead of him all series

I felt like that was an insane notion and Reggie has come up pretty big all throughout the playoffs so far despite his warts defensively and at times terrible decision making

Don’t know if others felt this way but I’ve been battling the pro Reggie train for a bit. People were telling me he was unplayably bad yesterday and that doc should be trying mcgruder ahead of him all series

I felt like that was an insane notion and Reggie has come up pretty big all throughout the playoffs so far despite his warts defensively and at times terrible decision making

i would mever sayreggie Jackson is unplayable because we have mcgruder as our only other option and he is quite literally dog****. My issue with Reggie is not even on the defensive side. It’s when he calls his own number while Kawhi/PG are on the floor and his ridiculous fast break decisions. He should just get them the ball and turn into a spot up shooter.

but having said all that, I give him an A+ this series. He hit some HUGE shots and shot like 50% from 3. Morris balled out.JJ headick is out here.

Bev being out this series may prove as a blessing in disguise. JJ and Reggie’s confidence gotta be through the roof. As it should be.

i would mever sayreggie Jackson is unplayable because we have mcgruder as our only other option and he is quite literally dog****. My issue with Reggie is not even on the defensive side. It’s when he calls his own number while Kawhi/PG are on the floor and his ridiculous fast break decisions. He should just get them the ball and turn into a spot up shooter.

but having said all that, I give him an A+ this series. He hit some HUGE shots and shot like 50% from 3. Morris balled out.JJ headick is out here.

Bev being out this series may prove as a blessing in disguise. JJ and Reggie’s confidence gotta be through the roof. As it should be.

This is exactly where I stand with him. He definitely has his warts and dumb moments but he’s a bench player and like...with no Pat Bev he HAS to play IMO

and if you look at some of the shots he made in a closeout game in the playoffs...wow. He’s shooting 47% from 3 over his last 14.

once pat comes back I don’t mind him being squeezed but dudes were legit calling Reggie unplayably bad as he was closing out the Mavs in the 4th. Had me thinking we weren’t watching the same game lol

like clamoring for Rodney Mac instead of Reggie is where I draw the line lol

Also, I had no problems with his defense (or the switch) on that Luka gamewinner. Forcing a bad 3Pt shooter, who had airballed 3 3’s in that game, into a stepback 3 in a one point game? That’s a win. I’m rolling with that 10 times out of 10.

Also, I had no problems with his defense (or the switch) on that Luka gamewinner. Forcing a bad 3Pt shooter, who had airballed 3 3’s in that game, into a stepback 3 in a one point game? That’s a win. I’m rolling with that 10 times out of 10.

Right and it actually wasn’t his fault (kind of)

let me ask you guys this though

does lac get out of this round with Walton JR and Mann instead of Jackson and Harkless instead of Morris? It’s a toss up to me

• Wow
Reactions: HIM
Right and it actually wasn’t his fault (kind of)

let me ask you guys this though

does lac get out of this round with Walton JR and Mann instead of Jackson and Harkless instead of Morris? It’s a toss up to me

Everything else being equal, included PG struggling, I’ll say no. Morris was good in the series and we needed his offense. Not going to get that kind of scoring from Harkless.

And Walton Jr. and Mann are both rookies. Hard to guess how they’d respond to being in the playoffs:

Maybe Kawhi brings it home regardless, but I think we were better off with the squad we had.

If you don’t know about how good Zu has been this season then just say it lol it’s clear This convo a little above your head bro.
Problem with Zu is that he ain't ready against elite big men or bigs who have ample playoff experience. He lookin good against DAL cause they got nobody with size, Boban is a stiff lol.
Wait'll Zu gets a load of Jokic, or Gobert, or AD/Javale/Dwight and let's see if Zu can hang. I dont see it

nwo.jpg

it’s looking like we’re gonna get Denver. From one foul hunter to another. I hate Jokic’s flopping so much :lol:

at least the clips gets a gassed jokic

im also gon' go out of the limb here and say murray is about to cool off

Problem with Zu is that he ain't ready against elite big men or bigs who have ample playoff experience. He lookin good against DAL cause they got nobody with size, Boban is a stiff lol.
Wait'll Zu gets a load of Jokic, or Gobert, or AD/Javale/Dwight and let's see if Zu can hang. I dont see it

Here’s the thing

this ain’t about Zu looking good against Dallas he’s literally been one of the best two way bigs all year and is an elite rim protector. This is factually true.

Back
Top Bottom