OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Bruh, this game was over 5 minutes in :lol: :smh:

Kinda mad the bench gave up so many points in the 2nd quarter doe.

You're not the only one. Felton did the halftime interview for Prime Ticket and seemed genuinely pissed they weren't up by more. :lol: That's how hungry this team is and I love it.

The 1st quarter of that game reminded me of seeing a high school powerhouse play some tiny private school. Nets just looked completely overmatched.

Everything about our start has been impressive and we have a lot of guys playing great, but I agree with PCH that CP has been especially amazing. The thing I've been most impressed by is how effortless things are seeming to come to him on offense. Get's to his spot with ease and just casually drops shots. And also running the team like a true maestro. :nthat:

When rookie Diamond Stone checked into the game in the fourth quarter, Blake Griffin told him he had to get five rebounds, a blocked shot and a deflection.

Stone, who has played sparingly this season, blocked a shot and fell three rebounds short of Griffin’s test. But Stone did score his first NBA points on a jump hook in the paint. The 19-year-old finished with six points, also facing up to hit an 18-foot jumper, in a season-high eight minutes of action.

“I think we’re all happy when he gets in the game and finally gets that first bucket,” Griffin said. “I think we all remember our first bucket, so hopefully it was a fun experience for him.”

We've come a long way from a team that supposedly hated each other. I see guys taking the blame for mistakes when it used to be fingerpointing. I love this team :wow:

This next little four game stretch could be tough. A win tomorrow would be huge because I think we may lose one of the following three.

Great game last night. First time my youngest son sat court side.

CP3 made his night.

Ended up getting his hat signed by CP3, DJ and Paul Pierce.
Got to be one of the High Five kids also.

This team has a different feel from teams in the past.
Did you meet Tracy and Kirsten?
nerd.gif

View media item 2231024

Man this is so damn dumb :rofl:g they've been crazy good. Historically so.

But:
- On both ends, I really don't know if the bench is going to keep playing well. They've already started to show some slight regression, and I still believe Doc could do more from a staggering perspective. It hasn't bitten us so far, but I'm afraid that it will eventually.

Probably my only reservation with the team right now. I can't begin to explain how happy I am with the start we're having. The level of domination is icing on the cake, but the wins are what I (and we) have been clamoring for for years.

I'm a firm believer in the Clips lack of HC after rd 1 as being a primary reason for their shallow playoff runs, and I'm also in the party of this being a first 25 game league. The Clips haven't gotten past the first rd, and it's by no coincidence that they've never had HC past rd 1 either. Their regular season has a lot to do with that, in particular how they've started seasons so these games matter beyond belief.

There's this huge misnomer about LAC that they're spectacular in the regular season and choke in the playoffs which is partially true, but not really. Been reading that in regards to the Clips start. But the fact of the matter is, they've never been the best or second best team in the conference.

I've went from Liking Austin Rivers to completely becoming irritated with him whenever I see him in the game, let alone with the ball.

And as I alluded to, Doc experimented with staggering in the preseason and I would realllyyyy like to see that going forward.

Unreal. Came all the way back just to blow it with two terrible plays at the end. Credit to the Grizz for always staying in it. But not going to lie, I'm annoyed by this one.

2nd quarter was worst we've played all season

Lowkey worst game of the season so far. Worse loss than the OKC game imo. I can see having a bad offensive night, but they weren't eem trying to defend tonight until it was too late. Crawford with the bonehead play was expected.

Crawford getting hot was worst case scenario. It just enabled him :lol:

Last edited:
Doc outsmarts himself on the X's and O's sometimes. There's no need for the misdirection that late. Just throw the ball to blake and play through that.

In any event, the positives were that we were right there at the end of a grind it out game. It wasn't pretty and they still fought and found their way right in the game.

And I can't stand Jamal Crawford. Even the shots he makes are ridiculous. Just pay attention to him on the floor on defense. He's so out of position it's comical. On offense he's a circus. I have real gripes with our bench moving forward but w/e, it is what it is. On to Friday.

They had to foul and Jamal caught it in the corner and coughed it up with ease. Wow.

memphis hit EVERYTHING

and they literally didn't call anything all night. it was a rugby scrum in the paint. but the clips complained too much. they should've adjusted instead.

Man Memphis was 15-26 from the 3pt line. They're normally about 8-26 on avg.

On one hand you could chart that up to just one of those nights from an opponent...on the other hand the Clips are one of the league leaders in quality 3 point attempts given to teams this season. (This is mostly because the clips have invited 3pt shooting from guys who can't really shoot i.e. Moe Harkless, Roberson, etc.)

Regardless, they shot the **** out of the ball tonight.

Doc outsmarts himself on the X's and O's sometimes. There's no need for the misdirection that late. Just throw the ball to blake and play through that.

In any event, the positives were that we were right there at the end of a grind it out game. It wasn't pretty and they still fought and found their way right in the game.

And I can't stand Jamal Crawford. Even the shots he makes are ridiculous. Just pay attention to him on the floor on defense. He's so out of position it's comical. On offense he's a circus. I have real gripes with our bench moving forward but w/e, it is what it is. On to Friday.

agreed. have someone fight to get to the ball instead of running all this ***** going away from the ball and to the baseline, put blake in the low or high post and play off him. jeez

On one hand, I think it shows how good we are that its fair to say in our two losses we really beat ourselves with either uncharacteristic sloppy play, poor shooting or mental errors. On the other hand, given our history, its irksome that we've blown two games -- at home -- that came down to the last few possessions. I still want to see Blake step up more in late game situations. Can't always be CP and I don't want it to be Jamal.

GG last night guys.

Memphis was hot from the field, at the same time we saw much a better Gasol. He wasn't himself in the first matchup (still adjusting after being out last season) and I think one consistent factor is that Marc and Zbo still got what they wanted against the Clippers bigs.

Are we going to shoot that well all the time? Probably not. But, us not shooting that well could've just led to it being a close game throughout. I also wasn't expecting JJ to go 7-12 from 3 :lol: .

At the end of the day, we really shouldn't have won the game given our circumstances. No Tony Allen and Parsons still isn't himself.

The observation on you guys is that Doc really should've went all in once your bench (Crawford) made that run. I was shocked that he didn't start the 4th with CP3 out there considering Memphis was balancing Conley to make sure we could weather the storm. I believe that end up being the difference in the game. Doc just left the bench there far too long.

Also, disappointed in CP3. He made some great plays defensively, but his lack of aggression on the offensive end was a disappointment. I think that cannot be ignored.

You guys left a lot of points at the line. We got into foul trouble EARLY and you guys had a 34 - 19 advantage at the line, but missed 10.

Lastly, Crawford is a double edge sword. I knew once he start cooking, he was not going to stop shooting it :lol: . I saw DJ talking to him about something (I think it was after one of those bad shots) and I'm sure he was talking to him about that possession.

Last edited:
Gg bro.

Mike Conley was awesome Marc Gasol looked every bit of the stretch 5 Dave Fiz been projecting him as.

^^^ CP definitely had an off night last night. Absolutely was not as aggressive as he needs to be. I know his shoulder was bothering him at some point, but I don't know if that's the only reason he underperformed. That said, he did he what potentially could have been the game winning shot and came up with what I thought was a clean steal at the end that could have sealed it. Unfortunately for us, the refs didn't see it that way. But that call is not the reason we lost by any stretch.

CP def should have turned up his aggressiveness at some point in the second half. i feel like his off night wasn't because he was off, it was because he wasn't aggressive, especially because redick, crawford didn't get going until late. i will say that redick shooting 7-12 from 3 is much more likely being that he is almost a 50% shooter from 3 than MEM or any team not named gsw going 15-26 from 3.

mem literally put their best game together and it took every bit to beat us. crawford looked shook after he threw that ball away...not happy with his body language after that play.

no way that play should have been designed to end up in that area. nobody broke play and fought to get to the ball and make it an easy pass for the inbound.

crawford took decent shots and he literally hit the bottom of the net almost every time. gotta be happy about that.

felton did a decent job on defense, (conley was just on fire) but he did take a few uncharacteristic shots at bad times during the second half.

at first i was sure that our +/- point differential in the 4th quarter was due to LAC being up by so many points by the end of the 3rd. now...after the last 2 games...not so sure.

too many JJ plays ran in the 4th. not enough blake plays and CP3 PnR plays

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom