OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

I promise you this game went downhill the moment Paul pierce came into the game

We' were playing catch up ever since.

In only 8 minutes Paul Pierce was a -7

We ended up losing by 9.

I wholeheartedly believe we don't relinquish that early lead if Pierce doesn't come in

Let me give you guys some reference for Paul Pierce this season

Going into tonight, The Core 4 bench players with PP instead of WeJo had a defensive rating of 109.6. Their net rating is a -6.7.

Paul Pierce coming into tonight is a -8.3.

Paul Pierce w/ Crawford? = 115 defensive rtg with a net of -9.9

PP and AR? Defensive net rtg of 110.4 w/ a net of -14.7

PP w/Felton? -16 net rtg, 118.3 defensive rtg

PP w/ Speights? 118.1 defensive rtg, with a -12.5 rtg overall

PP w/ DJ? -0.4 net rtg.

CP w/ PP? -1.5 net rtg w/ 103.2 defensive net rtg

Conversely, has a positive net rtg with all of the aforementioned players w/ an average defensive net rtg of 91.2
roll.gif

I'm a fan of Doc, and think he's unjustly criticized a lot, but I'm highkey done with him if I see Pierce play a second Wednesday, let alone the playoffs.

Reactions: HIM
We didn't lose because of the refs but bruh...Blake was getting hammered damn near every drive. Indy musta had 5 and 1's.

Doc and his dumb *** offense-for-defense subs. Just leave the goddamn starters out there. What good does a stop do you if now you have Austin in instead of JJ? Or what does a basket matter if the team is just gonna target Jamal on defense. They literally went at Jamal four straight trips down. The opposing coach is telling you he'd rathee put the ball in an avg offensive player's hands than his susperstar because Jamal is such dog****.

CP3 waited till the 4th to start shooting :smh:
Blake and DJ Balled
JJ needs to stop trying to do anything but shoot and the occasional drive. When he tries to dribble for more than 2 seconds nothing good happens.
Nothing more to say about Pierce, man. Did y'all hear Mike Smith say Doc said Pierce is a good defender? :rolllin Doc lost his mind, man. Or he's a host from Westworld and having flashbacks of 2008 Pierce when he was worth a damn.
Luc doing what he does. Team MVP. Too bad Doc still thinks Jamal and Pierce are better.
Speights fouling jumpshooters on back to back possesions killed us but good to se his 3 ball fall again.

We finna get washed Wednesday :lol:

Starting to think we really are gonna finish with our usual record. Too many off nights and questionable decisions from Doc. As always tho, the season be based off what happens in May/June

Last edited:
CP3 needs to increase his offensive aggression

find his spots and shoot the ball just a little more. entering the 4th quarter with 4 points isn't gonna cut it.

he needs to get 18-20 a game imo

I was at the game last night and while the calls wasn't all to blame for the lose but some of those calls were simply terrible and just killed the Clips momentum.

Not only the non-calls (like the blatant push on Redick that should have been a 3 ft's but instead turned into a dunk by Indy or the tapped pass by Crawford that was given to Indy) but bail out calls on the Pacers, Clips would play great defense then they would be given ticky tack calls on what felt like more than a handful of times.

They could have still pulled it out in the end though which was impressive coming back from a 20 point deficit but the whole game turned in the second quarter when Doc left the bench way too long and coincidentally it was when Pierce was in the game.

Oh well, onto the next game.

^^^ Apparently, Doc is unfamiliar with the expression, "if it ain't broke...."

maybe doc is experimenting and tinkering to see what works and what doesn't?

at leat i hope.

if pierce plays at all, i think he needs to be a spot up shooter in the short corners, nothing more. but then you have to factor in his defensive liability

crawford, put him in his PnR situations and let him run it. but if there is nothing after that initial PnR, don't force it, give it up, and spot up.

at this point i would love to see the starting 5 close the game as well. LUC has shown a very high basketball IQ and it has attributed to his and the teams success.

OAN

i think we will beat gsw on wed, it will be like a playoff game and the clips will be ready.

Last edited:
That slick talking by Bob Fitzgerald during the telecast last night abt us man...god I can't stand them

That slick talking by Bob Fitzgerald during the telecast last night abt us man...god I can't stand them

Lmao what he say? I was watching Indy's feed.

The Warriors' offense is exactly what everyone expected. Maybe even better. KD damn near shooting 60% :lol:

Lmao what he say? I was watching Indy's feed.

The Warriors' offense is exactly what everyone expected. Maybe even better. KD damn near shooting 60% :lol:

****** was tryna be funny, cracking little jokes like

"Who's going to guard Kevin Durant?....Paul pierce? Hahahaha"

**** them

**** it, let's just beat them. Gonna be at a bar, I expect lots of Warriors fans. By the way, why are so many filipinos warriors fans? I think I've asked this before. Not trying to be funny but like 80% of filipinos I meet are W's fans. Even my female coworkers :lol:

Is there an explanation for this?

**** it, let's just beat them. Gonna be at a bar, I expect lots of Warriors fans. By the way, why are so many filipinos warriors fans? I think I've asked this before. Not trying to be funny but like 80% of filipinos I meet are W's fans. Even my female coworkers :lol:

Bay Area has a lot of Asians? Idk honestly but it's true lol

Doc talking abt tomorrow

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/...warriors-next-on-the-clippers-schedule-120616

flips are all bandwagoners.

There's bandwagon fans from every ethnicity. Based on my neighborhood, GSW also seems to be the team of choice for white hipster types who happen to like basketball.

Prior to 2015, I rarely saw and Warriors gear. See it daily now. :/

Griffin had an early possession with curry on him at the elbow and passed out of it.

Then makes a bonehead pass on a fast break that ended up a turnover.

He's hitting shots early but damb

Back
Top Bottom