Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Nomar
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

The Nose!!!! Take it easy now.....don't run the bases too fast, you may hurt yourself

and diddybop as he flails down
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

You gotta give him some credit though, we all thought he damn near killed himself.

Bills with a SQUUUEEZZEEE

I'm sure most of you will agree that Bills does NOT look sharp at all.

He isn't really trusting his stuff.

Now its a 5 run lead, and still plenty of game left.

Lets goooo

Bills hasn't looked sharp. And I'm kinda gettin worried now with the playoffs approaching. Hopefully they can clitch and he gets a rest before nextweek

any time manny hits it deep the crowd goes crazy got me almost breaking my neck turning to see the TV thinking he hit one out
laugh.gif

Tommy John and his wife stopped by to greet ol' Vinny, and of course he got a friendly peck.

But then when he got back on air, he said, "just if any chance I come home and my wife asks me why do I have lipstick on my lips, I want to make sure sheknows it was an old friend Tommy John's wife"

And he went on to say other stuff, it was pretty funny, the dude still has some game left
pimp.gif

Vin is Classic. I tell everyone to enjoy him while he's still in that booth, savor it while we can
smokin.gif

Great win, if the occasion arises you better believe i'll get tickets to thursday (knock on wood)

Great Win! Missed most of the game cuz I was at school.

I shocked when I saw that Blake DeWitt has 50 RBI's this season, doesn't seem like he had that many.

Magic Number is now 3
pimp.gif

Hope they have an opportunity to clinch on Thursday.

NEXT GAME 9/24

TV: PRIME-HD | RADIO: KABC 790, KHJ 930

matchup.png

matchup.png

@
Dodger Stadium
7:10PM PDT

Estes (2-3)

Kershaw (4-5)

Tickets

Probable Pitchers | Full Schedule

[table][tr][td]West[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]E#[/td] [td]L10[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]vs E[/td] [td]vs C[/td] [td]vs W[/td] [td]INT[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]vs R[/td] [td]vs L[/td] [td]XTRA[/td] [td]1-RUN[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]RA[/td] [td]X W-L[/td] [td]LAST GAME[/td] [td]NEXT GAME[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Los Angeles[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]75[/td] [td].522[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]16-18[/td] [td]23-18[/td] [td]38-29[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]47-32[/td] [td]35-43[/td] [td]52-54[/td] [td]30-21[/td] [td]6-11[/td] [td]18-23[/td] [td]675[/td] [td]627[/td] [td]84-73[/td] [td] 9/23 v SD, W 10-1[/td] [td]9/24 v SD, 10:10P[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Arizona[/td] [td]79[/td] [td]78[/td] [td].503[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]L1[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]17-20[/td] [td]41-28[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]45-33[/td] [td]34-45[/td] [td]52-58[/td] [td]27-20[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]21-23[/td] [td]701[/td] [td]681[/td] [td]81-76[/td] [td] 9/23 @ STL, L 4-7[/td] [td]9/24 @ STL, 8:15P[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Colorado[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]85[/td] [td].459[/td] [td]10.0[/td] [td]E[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]L2[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]21-18[/td] [td]29-38[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]43-38[/td] [td]29-47[/td] [td]48-65[/td] [td]24-20[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]25-19[/td] [td]720[/td] [td]801[/td] [td]71-86[/td] [td]9/23 @ SF, W 9-4[/td] [td]9/24 @ SF, 10:15P[/td] [/tr][tr][td] San Francisco[/td] [td]70[/td] [td]87[/td] [td].446[/td] [td]12.0[/td] [td]E[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]19-13[/td] [td]11-29[/td] [td]34-33[/td] [td]6-12[/td] [td]35-41[/td] [td]35-46[/td] [td]54-57[/td] [td]16-30[/td] [td]9-5[/td] [td]30-20[/td] [td]623[/td] [td]733[/td] [td]67-90[/td] [td]9/23 v COL, L 4-9[/td] [td]9/24 v COL, 10:15P[/td] [/tr][tr][td] San Diego[/td] [td]61[/td] [td]96[/td] [td].389[/td] [td]21.0[/td] [td]E[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]L1[/td] [td]15-16[/td] [td]15-23[/td] [td]28-42[/td] [td]3-15[/td] [td]34-44[/td] [td]27-52[/td] [td]42-60[/td] [td]19-36[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]15-28[/td] [td]619[/td] [td]733[/td] [td]67-90[/td] [td] 9/23 @ LAD, L 1-10[/td] [td]9/24 @ LAD, 10:10P[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Great Win! Missed most of the game cuz I was at school.

I shocked when I saw that Blake DeWitt has 50 RBI's this season, doesn't seem like he had that many.

Magic Number is now 3
pimp.gif

Hope they have an opportunity to clinch on Thursday.

I thought the same exact thing.. to go along with 8 hrs.. in what, like 110ish games? This is why I wouldn't mind him being out permanent second basemennext year. Solid at bats, good production, left handed bat, improved defense (at least over Kent).

That is, if we are able to bring back Blake.. or another 3B.

EDIT:

20% off all "customized" items.. ends 9/26 @ 11:59 pm.
Code: Secret
http://shop.mlb.com/famil...ource=ed-2022841-55448488

smokin.gif

That day off really helped this team. They were flat all weekend. 10 road games followed by a 3 game homestand is draining. The Dodgers September record is
eek.gif
. They are playing good ball. I wish they would have pulled of thevictory on Sunday and clinch tomorrow. Clinching Thursday against Peavy is going to be tough, he owns us (12-1, 2.21 ERA
grin.gif
). I have tickets for Saturday's game, and don't want to get tickets forFriday's game. I promised the wife we would go sight seeing on Friday, and catch the game on Saturday. However, if the boys clinch on Friday, bestbelieve I'm getting tickets for that game too.

Good win today. I still don't like Kemp leading off, I prefer Martin since he is more patient. Martin was in a funk and there is no better way to breakout of it than to hit in front of Manny. I like Ethier in the 2 hole.

Good for Nomar, always been a fan despite his injuries
smokin.gif

Let's get a W tomorrow, we will have to earn it on Thursday.

Dodgers' Rafael Furcal says he's ready
Manager might give injured shortstop some playing time in the last week.
By Dylan Hernandez, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
September 24, 2008

Rafael Furcal said the pain in his surgically repaired lower back has diminished to a point where he is no longer hesitant about venturing onto the field.

"I'm ready for however they want to use me," Furcal said, adding that the only physical discomfort he's experiencing these days is some mild tightness in his hamstrings Manager Joe Torre said he wanted to give Furcal "a little taste" on the field some time this week. Because Furcal hasn't played in more than four months, Torre said he didn't see him being a nine-inning player again this season.

"I don't have a problem with that," Furcal said.

Furcal admitted that he has wondered what kind of season he could've had, particularly because of the Dodgers' acquisition of Manny Ramirez.

"Of course I think about that," said Furcal, who was hitting .366 when he was injured. "Playing with someone the caliber of Manny Ramirez could do a lot for you. I think it would've been my best season."

Furcal, who will be a free agent this winter, was philosophical when asked about his predicament

"You can't question what God does," he said. "I had one of my best starts, I felt great physically and mentally, but only God knows why I had to get hurt."

Owner non-committal

Though Dodgers owner Frank McCourt praised Ramirez and General Manager Ned Colletti for the roles they've played in the team's playoff push, he refused to discuss the chances of either of them being back next season.

Asked about Colletti's job performance, McCourt said, "I think everybody's doing fine."

McCourt said he wanted the focus to remain on the team and its on-field performance. Told that removing the cloud of uncertainty lingering over Colletti's head could help that happen, McCourt responded, "It's your prerogative and everybody in the media's prerogative . . . to debate these issues. That doesn't mean I should. . . . By addressing it, I would create a distraction."

McCourt acknowledged that his team needed a player of Ramirez's caliber, but was vague when asked if he would try to re-sign him.

"I'll talk to you in the off-season about it," he said.

Lowe in line for Game 1

Derek Lowe will take his next turn in the rotation Friday in San Francisco instead of Saturday, putting him in line to pitch the first game of the NL division series the next Wednesday. Because the Dodgers were off Monday, Lowe will be pitching Friday on regular four days' rest.

Torre denied that he switched Lowe and Hiroki Kuroda's turns in the rotation with the playoffs in mind, claiming he made the move because sinkerball-throwing Lowe felt more comfortable pitching on regular rest.

Chad Billingsley is slated to pitch the regular-season finale Sunday, but he could be skipped if the Dodgers have clinched the NL West title by then.

Short hops

Hong-Chih Kuo played catch and said his ailing left elbow felt is responding well to treatment, but admitted that he didn't know if he would be able to pitch in the postseason. Kuo, who has undergone four elbow surgeries, has pitched twice in the last three weeks. . . . Andruw Jones' off-season training regimen will be overseen by a personal trainer and nutritionist hired by the Dodgers. . . . Frank Jobe, who invented Tommy John surgery, was honored in a pregame ceremony that included John, Orel Hershiser and Darren Dreifort. John threw out the first pitch.

Furcal tells coach he's ready
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
sick.gif
The Fatboy gets his own personal trainer & NUTRITIONIST this offseason, it's about time.

Back
Top Bottom