Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I guess Proctor is probably hurt, bright.

I would use Troncoso in an emergency basis only, the kid still has a long way to go.

Exactly. I'm worried this stage might be too big for him. Juan Pierre is our go-to pinch hitting Left handed slugger on the bench
laugh.gif
. Hell, he's better than Sweeney and his speed will make a difference.

I don't even want to think about Broxton this post-season
frown.gif
alien.gif

Finally they announce the roster. Thanks BN.

Im going 8 deep with my fam bam.

Less than 24 hours. Can't wait.

N/P man, I've been waiting for the roster since the morning.

Have fun at the game! Tell your fam to give H-E-L-L to all the bandwagoner Cub's fans too
devil.gif
nerd.gif

No work or class tomorrow
pimp.gif
Can't wait til gametime, might have to get my Bay Cities on like I did for Lakers playoffs last year

Originally Posted by amarusgear

Tupac, what section are you in. I'm section 312RF row F.

Can wait for tomorrow, I'm really hopping for an upset win tomorrow.

Bright Nikes, your just not looking in the right places. Last Friday I saw some tickets on Ebay for 4 Left Pavilion row c go for 70.00 and nobody bid on them. I forgot to bid them also.

I am in section 308PR Row A! 4 tickets. Lets go BLUE!!!!

Can't wait for this. I am amped for this game. Turned down USC tickets for this.

Starting Lineup for Game 1:

SS Furcal
C Martin
LF Ramirez
RF Ethier
1B Loney
RF Kemp
2B DeWitt
3B Blake
RH Lowe

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by amarusgear

Tupac, what section are you in. I'm section 312RF row F.

Can wait for tomorrow, I'm really hopping for an upset win tomorrow.

Bright Nikes, your just not looking in the right places. Last Friday I saw some tickets on Ebay for 4 Left Pavilion row c go for 70.00 and nobody bid on them. I forgot to bid them also.

I am in section 308PR Row A! 4 tickets. Lets go BLUE!!!!

Can't wait for this. I am amped for this game. Turned down USC tickets for this.
Nice tupac! Is this your first Dodger game? The atmosphere is gonna be insane man, it's hard to really watch a game in the Pavilion becausethere's a lotta fights and laughs that go on out there. Rep L.A hard
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Starting Lineup for Game 1:

SS Furcal
C Martin
LF Ramirez
RF Ethier
1B Loney
RF Kemp
2B DeWitt
3B Blake
RH Lowe

eek.gif
Wow, what great balance that lineup has. First of all, thanks Berroa forpicking up the slack for mostly the whole year for the squad and taking one for the team and sitting this out for Furcal. That's a lot of respect, but inthe end of the day, Furcal gives us a better chance to win even if he's 80% or whatever % he is.

I hope our young hitters stay PATIENT. Furcal and Martin need to get on base, and Manny will set the table, put runners on and he'll make things happen.The hitters I'm most worried about are Loney & Kemp. Loney has struggled, he just needs to see the pitches and go the other way with it, Kemp can'tfall victim to the hostile terriority in Chicago. He always tries to swing for the fences, but all he needs to do is get on base, and let his legs get him inscoring position.

IRONMAN you seeing any of the games out at Wrigley? I'm waking up early tomorrow, go to the gym for like 2-3 hours and just wait for the Dodger game.

Also, another shout out and Thanks to Vin Scully - it was great allll year long, I won't lie I did snooze off in a couple telecasts but you're stillone of the greatest. Can't believe I've grown up listening to Chick and Vin, how lucky can we be L.A?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The games are on TBS right? I bet we're gonna hear a lot of Cub slurpers tomorrow
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

IRONMAN you seeing any of the games out at Wrigley? I'm waking up early tomorrow, go to the gym for like 2-3 hours and just wait for the Dodger game.
I wish. I had access to tickets, but hotel+air prices were insane. I just took a trip to SF, money isn't tight, but prices wereunreasonable. I thought about it though.

I have an off day tomorrow so I will be doing the same, going to the gym in the morning, grab a bite to eat and hunker down and watch Game 1. Might put the TVon mute and listen to Vin on the ol' radio
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Might put the TV on mute and listen to Vin on the ol' radio
smokin.gif

thats what i'll be doing dude. due to the damn economy i'll be home early. I told everyone in the house the living room is mine tomorrow afternoon,game on mute with Vin on the surround sound
smile.gif

Good Morning DOYER FANS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The season starts today!!!

CARRY US ON YOUR BACK MANNY!

DLOWE PLEASE KEEP YOUR PITCHES DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a good read:

Furcal to start, bat leadoff for Dodgers

Kent, Garciaparra to come off bench; Torre takes 11 pitchers

CHICAGO -- The Dodgers turned the season around late by adding better players to the roster, and for the start of the playoffs, they did it again.
Leading off and starting at shortstop in Wednesday's Game 1 of the National League Division Series against the Cubs will be Rafael Furcal, while Jeff Kent will join Nomar Garciaparra on a formidable bench. Furcal made it after missing four months with back surgery, Kent after missing three weeks with left knee surgery.

Manager Joe Torre revealed those and other decisions he's made, including adding utilityman Pablo Ozuna for defensive reasons and pinch-running; and dropping the season-long pinch-hitting tandem of veteran Mark Sweeney and rookie Delwyn Young and reliever Scott Proctor.

Furcal is a starter again because the lingering nerve discomfort from his back surgery vanished last week after he began aggressively running through it. He said he thinks he can play nine innings, although his crash course of training camp allowed him to play only 15 innings of defense and go 2-for-9 batting in four games last week after missing 125 games with a bulging disc.

"I wanted to play nine innings Saturday in San Francisco, but they didn't let me," Furcal said. "I think I can. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm not scared. I know I'm feeling good. My back feels better than ever and my hamstring keeps getting better when I run."

Torre said he's eager to see Furcal and Manny Ramirez batting in the same first inning, even though the Dodgers can't be sure of Furcal's readiness to hit high-quality pitching.

"[Angel] Berroa did a great job and held us together in September, but Furcal is a pretty special talent," Torre said.

Catcher Russell Martin, who bats between Furcal and Ramirez, can't wait.

"Just having Furcal at the top, he's a natural leadoff hitter with power and speed," Martin said. "He's the guy you want at the top. He's a gamer and you know he'll turn it up when the time is right."

[table][tr][td]
Dodgers' lineup for
NLDS Game 1
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Player
[/td] [td]
Position
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rafael Furcal[/td] [td]SS[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Russell Martin[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Manny Ramirez[/td] [td]LF[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Andre Ethier[/td] [td]RF[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]James Loney[/td] [td]1B[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Matt Kemp[/td] [td]CF[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blake DeWitt[/td] [td]2B[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Casey Blake[/td] [td]3B[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Derek Lowe[/td] [td]P[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Torre's 11-man pitching staff has starters Derek Lowe, Chad Billingsley and Hiroki Kuroda for the first three games. He has 42-year-old starter Greg Maddux and 20-year-old rookie starter Clayton Kershaw in the bullpen.

He would not name a closer between Takashi Saito and Jonathan Broxton. He prefers Saito because of experience, but Saito's availability on consecutive days is doubtful because of the torn right elbow ligament that shelved him for two months. Broxton was his replacement, and Torre said he wouldn't hesitate using him.

Middle reliever Hong-Chih Kuo passed a battery of tests for a circulatory problem and will resume throwing Wednesday, but he's off the roster, giving left-hander Joe Beimel added opportunity to seek redemption after his barroom accident that cost him a roster spot on the eve of the 2006 playoffs.

The bullpen also includes Cory Wade, Chan Ho Park and one of two rookies -- probably James McDonald, possibly Ramon Troncoso. The staff was still debating which one would replace Proctor, because they can be warmed up frequently. Proctor, who pitched for Torre with the Yankees, missed more than two months with elbow tendinitis and Torre is concerned he cannot warm-up more than once. The final roster will be submitted before the game.

Joining Furcal in the infield is third baseman Casey Blake, second baseman Blake DeWitt and first baseman James Loney. Torre said he went with DeWitt over Kent at second because of his defensive range and the improved offense he showed in September, when Kent was healing.

Kent said he's ready to return to second base, but Torre said he more likely would use him at first base for late-inning double switches and pinch-hitting.

"He was a longshot," Torre said of Kent, whose knee is still tender. "In the opportunities he's had, he certainly showed he can swing the bat."

The regular outfield consists of Ramirez, Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier from left to right, with Juan Pierre the fourth outfielder and lone left-handed bat on the bench. Martin catches and bats second behind Furcal, followed by Ramirez, Ethier, Loney, Kemp, DeWitt and Blake.

Berroa, the starting shortstop during the Dodgers' September run to overtake the D-backs, was bumped to the backup infielder role with Furcal's return. Danny Ardoin is the backup catcher.

Torre said the toughest part of the roster decisions -- which are tentative and not official until submitted Wednesday morning -- was telling Proctor and Sweeney.

Sweeney, who hit .130 this year, was disappointed but not surprised.

"It's not about individual stuff. It's about having the team win," Sweeney said. "Unfortunately, I made this decision easy. That's why I'm upset. It's disappointing for the right reason. Anyone with a competitive feeling inside that's worked hard to get to this point would be. But it's what we've got to do."

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Might put the TV on mute and listen to Vin on the ol' radio
smokin.gif

thats what i'll be doing dude. due to the damn economy i'll be home early. I told everyone in the house the living room is mine tomorrow afternoon, game on mute with Vin on the surround sound
smile.gif

We do that here in Chicago too. We sometimes mute Bob & Len on the tube to listen to Pat & Santo on the AM.

Should be a good series, boys. Glad to see the real Dodger fans in here who know their baseball. May the best team win.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

We do that here in Chicago too. We sometimes mute Bob & Len on the tube to listen to Pat & Santo on the AM.

Should be a good series, boys. Glad to see the real Dodger fans in here who know their baseball. May the best team win.
Can't wait my friend.

Hope it doesn't get too nasty in the Dodgers/Cubs thread after today.
laugh.gif

Nice tupac! Is this your first Dodger game? The atmosphere is gonna be insane man, it's hard to really watch a game in the Pavilion because there's a lotta fights and laughs that go on out there. Rep L.A hard
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not the first but first in a little while. I went to a game last year but spent most of my money on laker games.

I am amped for this game. Yall know how I do...I will be in all dodger gear. Can't wait for tonights game.

Just throwin this out there for you guys. I'm off for 4 days after today, so if things don't well for my team this weekend, I'll come in here onMonday and give you guys your props. I don't disapear when my team gets beat, the Laker fans in here should know me for that. So whatever happens,I'll check in next week, and face whatever I need to depending on how the series turns out.

Just tryin to save my PM's from blowin up with everyone laughin at me or whatever if we get beat, that's why I posted in here for Dodgers fans only.
laugh.gif
I got blasted last week from the college football fans when I wasgone for a few days and didn't "face the music".
laugh.gif

AGHHHHHHHHH!!! THE AM ON THE SURROUND SOUND ISNT WORKING!!!

HOW ELSE CAN I LISTEN TO VIN? NO OTHER RADIOS IN THE HOUSE!
frown.gif

damn man, I found this little ghetto blaster and it wont get any AM before station 810
smh.gif
: {

Nice inning by Lowe, keep it up buddy set the tone
smokin.gif

Yeah, I got Larry Elder.

Btm 1st and already I cannot stand listening to D1ck Stockton, or looking at these bland schmucks in the crowd.

Btm 1st and already I cannot stand listening to D1ck Stockton, or looking at these bland schmucks in the crowd.
I was about to say, these fans looked spooked. The Ravine is going to be rockin' on Saturday
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom