Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Day game today is greatly appreciated, thats 3pm here and I'll be out of work by then.
smile.gif

As for Andruw....if you're going to suck, at LEAST hustle down the line and show some damn effort. Just watching him out there is depressing, jesus.

LOL I'm in class till 3 damnit.

I feel you tho Mez, Andruw can't even hustle. Watching him out there trying to catch a bloop fly ball, is like watching a fat kid trying to catch the icecream truck - it aint gonna happen.

Anyways Mez, what's up with the Mets? For some reaosn they just look so old to me.

The pitching staff isn't quite solid, and the runners in scoring position isn't working out too well.

But its still early, lets get the sweep dodgers
pimp.gif

Dodgers are just hot, but the Mets have had trouble getting 2 out RBI hits all season (sure its the most difficult hit to get but they are hitting below theMendoza line).

Sure it was inconsistent Ollie and Nelson Figgy (an experiment) pitching, but there was no excuse for losing yesterday with all the stranded runners. If theywin today thats a 3-3 road trip vs two hot teams so I can't be too mad about that.

But so many inconsistencies throughout the team (hitting wise, SP not going deep into games) = .500 record.

Dodgers can't trade Jones, cuz nobody wants him, so we're stuck with him...

I just would like to see him wipe off that big fat smirk of his, every time he strikes out, it's annoying.
And it bothers me that he's out there, and Ethier is on the bench. And if you bench him, he's the type that will probably complain out loud.

Just sit down, cash your check, and shut up.
smile.gif

I'll take Andruw back on the Braves if the Dodgers are willing to pay the rest of his salary
laugh.gif

God help Andruw the Dodger fans are booing him for every thing he deserves it though but let him get out of this slump. I don't think Andruw has beenbooed this much while on the Braves.

Mets up 3-0

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

I'll take Andruw back on the Braves if the Dodgers are willing to pay the rest of his salary
laugh.gif

God help Andruw the Dodger fans are booing him for every thing he deserves it though but let him get out of this slump. I don't think Andruw has been booed this much while on the Braves.

Mets up 3-0

Ha Ha, if that's the case, I would just keep him.

Yeah the booing is something else, haven't heard that much booing since we had Brett Tomko last year.

It was a "helluva" series, the last game was a give me. I guess Brad Penny was too bashed from partying in his RV (Parked in the Reserve Level) thenight before.

I'm beat as hell, that 12:10 pm (PST) was killer, especially after the previous game came to an end at about 10:30 pm. I told one of my boys as I wasleaving the Stadium at midnight, that we should be happy with 2 out of 3, since the early game will be tough to win.

Our pitching hasn't been there all year, inconsistent at best, and we are taxing our bullpen. It is a rare sight for a Dodger starting pitcher to pitchmore than 6 innings this season,
eyes.gif
. 2 out of 3 and 10 out of the last12. I'll take that. I'm surprised we won on Tuesday with Raffy being a late scratch. Good thing DeWitt stepped up with the bat, since he gave theMets a couple of runs with his play at 3rd.

No Raffy + earlier than usual day game = 4 hitter and near shutout/CG by John Maine
sick.gif

Andruw is getting the Tomko treatment.

Lets get an UPDATE, please.

Dodgers vs HOU.

We got Lowe on the mound tryin to get his third win - comon BLUE CREW!

Hopefully raffy is feeling good and Andruw Jones is on the bench.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Andruw will hit eventually.
He's too good not to.
im sure the braves said that all last season

Don't be a smart @$%.

Dude's had like 10 good years and 1 bad year. Every single year players start off slow. You think Alfonso Soriano is going to be this bad all year? Whatabout Ryan Howard, Carlos Beltran, Adam Dunn, Prince Fielder, and Jose Reyes.
I'm going to go with the averages and say that by the time Andruw gets to 550 ABs he'll have his fair share of HRs & walks and Ks to gowith them. He's also going to play CF like a Gold Glover. Same goes with Juan Pierre, he won't be this good all season.

There's a reason you judge players on 162 game seasons, not on 34 game seasons.

^ No offense dude, but as a Mets fan seeing this guy play all of last season kill rallies after rallies, gaining weight, not hustling at all down the line(with that dumb smirk of his), and hitting below the Mendoza line....I think you're the only dude who has confidence that he will magically turn it around.Braves fans were very happy to see him go.

Dodgers are better off having Ethier's bat in the outfield. Seriously.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

^ No offense dude, but as a Mets fan seeing this guy play all of last season kill rallies after rallies, gaining weight, not hustling at all down the line (with that dumb smirk of his), and hitting below the Mendoza line....I think you're the only dude who has confidence that he will magically turn it around. Braves fans were very happy to see him go.

His worst season OPS is better than Juan Pierre's career OPS. And I don't need to compare defense.

The Dodgers outfield should be Ethier, Jones, and Kemp.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I agree. Too bad he's the odd man out right now... If It were up to me Jones & Pierre would be sharing a spot in the outfield. Kemp andEthier need to play everyday.

Honestly, the guy that gives us the most flexibility at the plate is Juan Pierre.

If Andruw Jones only had the heart of Juan Pierre and dedication to be the first one on the field every game trying to get better, faster and fixing hismistakes.

Yes, we all know its EARLY in the season, but as a veteran Andruw needs to wipe that smirk off his face and seriously put in work (practice, games, etc).

If you got a fast ball, there's no way in hell Andruw's fat !%+ can turn on it.
laugh.gif
if you got a breaking ball there's no way he'll be able togo with it. It's a lose - lose with him at the plate.

And as Mez stated, lets watch all the games played so far and see how many times AJ has put the ball in play and actually hustled down the line. I bet he'dhustle if Pinks was about to close and he wanted a bacon-wrapped hotdog
laugh.gif

In my opinion I'd prefer watching Pierre (LF), Kemp (CF), Ethier (RF) and have Colleti swallow another horrible FA acquisition. But, Ned won't suck itup and let the L.A boo's get to him, he'd rather put his $36million dollar investment on the field, while we got Ethier waiting in the wings (with thatsmooth stroke, pause).

All in all, Torre knows what he's doing, imagine if AJ is still struggling by the all star break, how will we feel by then?

Injury Update:
We are a far different team without furcal, and he should be back in the lineup on Sunday.

Jason Schmidt finally ready to play in a live game, ain't no ex-giant will ever help us out, stick a fork in him.

3-0 astros, smfh

Comon Honeycutt, this blame on the pitching staff should be put on your shoulders.

As for whether Jones is overweight or not in shape, "I think he could have been in better shape in spring, but this is my first spring with him so I don't have a measuring stick," Torre said.

"I'm not saying he isn't overweight, but I don't think that it's the problem. But it certainly doesn't help when you are making a case for yourself."
Trying to put the weight issue to rest, Torre explained, "If the weight is going to be an issue, it's going to be July or August before it becomes a problem. It's more the theory about carrying those sandbags on your back. The longer you carry them, the more effect, but I think this is too early to make that determination.

Back
Top Bottom