Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

He's still got that nonchalant way of catching the ball. He seems to have lost a step, Kemp is a better fit at CF. Jones just isn't providing the Dodgers with anything.
I don't know about that. Kemp still has trouble tracking balls. I would say that Jones has been playing Gold Glove caliber defense. I havebeen impressed by his defense considering the additional weight.

Watching him bat is frustrating. You can tell that Andruw is one of those guys who gives it his all, but he is stubborn to boot and won't admit hisfaults. People say he isn't working hard, but I see him out there (home games) every day, early . Out there with Juan Pierre (Always the first toarrive), so he is working his @#@ off. It just seems like his mechanics are off when he goes out to bat and forgets what he just practiced.

Damn the Dodger media is going hard (NH) on Andruw he never got that treatment while in Atlanta even last year Andruw didn't get the nasty media interviews when he struggled Dru is always a great guy to everyone.

That is TJ Simers for you. He gets on everyone, especially USC, the Dodgers and the Lakers. It is no surprise, and he has managed to get under alot of LA athletes skin: Kevin Brown, Jeff Kent, Kobe Bryant, etc.

He doesn't hold back, but I think Andruw should have had a better choice of words. I believe he cares, but he doesn't want to show frustration..

4 game losing streak, hopefully 4 games off plus one off day is enough for Raffy's sore back. Without him our offense stinks, although Sunday's losswas an anomaly (NL's best bullpen imploding
smh.gif
). Although we lost 4 straight, we didn't lose ground,
happy.gif

Now it is off to Milwuakee, 2 out of 3 on the road against a struggling team would be nice.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

4 game losing streak, hopefully 4 games off plus one off day is enough for Raffy's sore back.

Now it is off to Milwuakee, 2 out of 3 on the road against a struggling team would be nice.

Not sure if you heard, but Furcal is going to the DL retroactive to May 6th. Utility infielder Luis Maza will be called up from Triple A to take hisspot.

Furcal is supposed to get a cortisone shot Tuesday, but the lower back injury is similar to the one that caused him to miss the last 12 games of lastseason. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't back till at least June. Furcal would be eligible to come of the DL on May 21st, but backinjuries are always tricky to deal with.

So more of Pierre leading off and Hu at SS. I wouldn't be surprised to see a series loss or a sweep by the Brew Crew. Braun is starting to pick it upand the Brewers are usually tough at home. Hopefully Yost goes to Gagne with a lead in the 9th. Maybe he'll help out his old team a little.
laugh.gif

eek.gif
Furcal is never the same after coming back from any injury.

This is not a good look.

Wow man.

These Honeycutt nightmare days has to end soon.

I just don't understand it, yes I'm venting, yes I'm mad. Yes the season is early, but how many 'winnable' games have the Dodgers had?

If we're still struggling by all-star break, lets pull a Florida Marlins please.

Jeff Kent could be used by another team, Derek Lowe's unsinkable sinker can be used by another team, Nomar's consistant DL appearance will be wanted bya team - what I'm saying is get rid of the veterans and get some more prospects in.

Again, yes I'm mad.

sick.gif
sick.gif

Just when you think they can pick up momentum from taking 2 out of 3 vs. Mets, they drop and egg against Houston, and they are preparing to lay some for theBrewers.

pimp.gif
pierre puts us in a beter position for a W!

Good job by DeWitt on the defensive and & offensive, honestly Nomar nor LaRoche has NO right to take 3B from him.

Blake has been one of the most CONSISTANT dodgers all year!

Just when you think they can pick up momentum from taking 2 out of 3 vs. Mets, they drop and egg against Houston, and they are preparing to lay some for the Brewers.
Actually, Houston was just as hot as we were, and we just happened to lose our catalyst (Furcal) for that series. Still, there is no excuse forlosing on Sunday and then again on Tuesday.

Good job by DeWitt on the defensive and & offensive, honestly Nomar nor LaRoche has NO right to take 3B from him.

I say they try DeWitt at 2b. He played well defensively today, but he is inconsistent defensively. I like what he brings to the table onoffense, a solid contact hitter with occasional pop. No way he gets sent down, but I would like to see La Roche get a shot, since I keep hearing he has pop.

Good win today, there going to have to get the W's the hard way until Raffy comes back.

ooIRON MANoo wrote:

I say they try DeWitt at 2b. He played well defensively today, but he is inconsistent defensively. I like what he brings to the table on offense, a solid contact hitter with occasional pop. No way he gets sent down, but I would like to see La Roche get a shot, since I keep hearing he has pop.

Good win today, there going to have to get the W's the hard way until Raffy comes back.

eff LaRoche
mad.gif
. he ALWAYS injured. i say dont eff up DeWitt'sconfidence/groove and let em play til maybe he starts effin up
2nd base? what about jeff kent? we need his bat in the line up

Yeah, Jeff Kent is looking a little ancient out there. Blake should get a couple tries at 2B.

Give LaRoche a try at 3B. We really need Ethier's bat in the lineup, how can you let that swing be benched? Granted, Andruw did drive in that RBI on a weakgroundball, but he's mentally done - after he swung at a breaking ball they zoomed up his face and you can tell this dude is just so confused.

bright nikes wrote:
Andruw did drive in that RBI on a weak groundball, but he's mentally done - after he swung at a breaking ball they zoomed up his face and you can tell this dude is just so confused.

roll.gif

he looked HORRIBLE on the swing and miss...and thye zoomed in and all you see is him lookin like
happy.gif

i was like omg
roll.gif
, %@+ is this dude thinking

Andruw Jones 'embarrassed' by poor play. Dodgers fans are furious with former Braves' strugglesASSOCIATED PRESS- Published on: 05/14/08

Los Angeles:Andruw Jones keeps his emotions in check, as he believes a professional athlete should. He won't slam his bat to the ground after a rally-killing strikeout or thrust his fist in the air after a game-winning homer. This year, there have been way more strikeouts (38) than home runs (one) for Jones. But don't be fooled by his demeanor. This hurts.

"People think I'm relaxed and laid back. It's eating me up inside," Jones said, the sadness evident in his eyes. "I'm upset. I'm embarrassed."

What about that little smile he seems to wear after a strikeout?

"That's the way my face is," he said. "That's me. I can't change that. And I'm not going to break stuff because I strike out. It's not the bat's fault; it's not the helmet's fault. I'm doing whatever I can to help the team win, even if I'm not hitting. I know I'm better than this."

One of only a handful of major leaguers to come from Curaçao, Jones made a name for himself at age 19 in the 1996 World Series against Joe Torre's New York Yankees, hitting .400 with two homers and six RBIs. That was just the beginning. Now, with a .170 average, Jones isn't even close to hitting his weight, which happens to have become an issue in his dreadful start with the Dodgers.

"It has nothing to do with it," insisted Jones, listed at 6 feet 1 and 240 pounds. "Everybody can say, 'He's fat, he's this, he's that.' I feel great. I go out there; I can run the ball down. I feel fine. "I work hard - that's all I can do. It's not like I haven't played this game before. This is the worst start I've ever had, and I've had awful starts. All you can do is keep working. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen."

They haven't gotten any bang for their buck - at least not yet. But as Braves manager Bobby Cox said, it's early. "There's quite a few really good hitters in baseball hitting below .200," said Cox, who managed Jones throughout his career in Atlanta. "There's six months to play, not just 30 days."

"I'm staying with him because I just don't believe he can't hit anymore," Torre said. "I know how important he has to be for us to do well, so we need to get him started. He's not going to get started sitting on the bench, not that I'm not going to sit him from time to time."

Torre believes Jones has had a tough time adjusting to his exit from Atlanta. "This is the first time he's left the nest," the manager said. "He's been with an organization his whole life. He ventures out; he doesn't do very well."

"It's tough when you live in your own house, in your own bed for so many years," said Jones, who has kept his home in the Atlanta area. "It's been a tough change. My family's not here. You walk into a house you don't normally walk into. Some people take a long time to adjust."But, Jones said, he has no regrets about playing with the Dodgers. "No, not at all," he said. "It's a great organization. We have a great team. I want to be here. We can do something special."

Hitting coach Mike Easler said Jones has done everything asked of him."It's a very tough thing that he's going through," Easler said. "He's working as hard as he possibly can. Sometimes, there's overkill. It comes down to seeing the ball, hitting the ball. He's in a funk." Torre agreed, saying he believes Jones is pressing and thinking too much at the plate.

"He's not going to admit it, but human nature tells you he's pressing because he cares very much," Torre said. "It's not something where he's sitting back saying, 'Well, I got a contract, I don't need this stuff.' Nothing's further from the truth. He's trying to find it."

Jones said he's never heard such negative crowd reaction. "Not at home," he said. "It's tough to deal with. If you're not doing well, the fans are going to boo you."

Dodgers pitcher Brad Penny said he wishes that would stop."I've never played with a nicer guy," Penny said. "Every Dodger fan should be cheering for him to come out of this. If he goes, we go. I know how good he is. Defensively, he's incredible, even through all this. He's saved my butt a few times. His main goal is to help this ballclub win. We're good right now. When he starts hitting, we'll be great."
You guys need to give Andruw more time if fans bash him more he will do worse. I know he will get out of this funk everyone needs to be patientand think positive instead of always being negative towards Druw its a team game not just a 1 player game.

The smirk has never bothered me, and I would never boo a Dodger (except Odalis Perez or Brett Tomko,
mad.gif
).

Dodger fans/"fans" mention the smirk a lot, I don't understand why they get upset, as if they want choreographed reaction such as breaking hisbat or tossing his batting helmet. I have always understood the fact that people handle adversity in their own way.

It is refreshing to hear this and for Dodger fans to read this. He is not the only slugger struggling right now, the list is long: Travis Hafner, PrinceFielder, JJ Hardy, Ryan Howard, Jim Thome, etc.

Understood Ironman, for me, if I'm going to the ravine spending $60/70 on a ticket, and I'm forced to watch Andruw struggle, and yet the only emotionhe's showing when he strikes out with 2 men on and we're down by 1, is smiling / smirking - it just gets under my skin.

Like you said, Odalis and that bum Tomko were booed due to performance (or maybe you just didn't like em' - watching Tomko pitch is reminds me ofLoiaza), Andruw at this point has not performed nor showed hustle in my eyes. Therefore, I'll boo.

But, recent articles have established him trying to work hard on his swing, but in games it just doesn't correlate with him anymore.

laugh.gif
Mr Jordan04, you saw it too? Man it had me cracking up.

Hopefully, Rafael Furcal can come back healthy, and this come from behind win can be sort of like a turning point for the Dodgers.

Understood Ironman, for me, if I'm going to the ravine spending $60/70 on a ticket, and I'm forced to watch Andruw struggle, and yet the only emotionhe's showing when he strikes out with 2 men on and we're down by 1, is smiling / smirking - it just gets under my skin.

Like you said, Odalis and that bum Tomko were booed due to performance (or maybe you just didn't like em' - watching Tomko pitch is reminds me ofLoiaza), Andruw at this point has not performed nor showed hustle in my eyes. Therefore, I'll boo.

But, recent articles have established him trying to work hard on his swing, but in games it just doesn't correlate with him anymore.

laugh.gif

Hopefully, Rafael Furcal can come back healthy, and this come from behind win can be sort of like a turning point for the Dodgers.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

laugh.gif
roll.gif
yea. i saw him strike out and just thought...why the##!@ do you have the biggest smile like if you just hit a game winning homerun
laugh.gif

fans should boo jones and its not even because of his @##@*@* smiles. his hitting problems is all on him been a fat #%$ and his mechanics are horirble at thispoint and he wont listen to the coachs telling him to fix it.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

fans should boo jones and its not even because of his @##@*@* smiles. his hitting problems is all on him been a fat #%$ and his mechanics are horirble at this point and he wont listen to the coachs telling him to fix it.

Co-sign, that is exactly what his problem is right now; he should correct his swing and listen to the coaches;
sick.gif
at like 1 for 28 in RISP

Great comeback, today; down 4-1, and scoring 2 in the 7th and 3 in the 9th

Crucial hit by Pierre with the go ahead RBIs

Go Dodgers!
smokin.gif

fans should boo jones and its not even because of his @##@*@* smiles. his hitting problems is all on him been a fat #%$ and his mechanics are horirble at this point and he wont listen to the coachs telling him to fix it.

I beg to differ. I can't lie, I don't have anything against Jones, he is just struggling. It is not like he is not working on it, as I stated previously, he is always out there early. You can't say that about many "Superstars". Juan Pierre and Andruw Jones are always the first to hit the field for BP.
MILWAUKEE -- Two pitches, two strikes, and it looked like the same old Andruw Jones in the ninth inning Tuesday night against Eric Gagne.
But eight pitches later, Jones had battled his way to a clutch walk while looking quite different, more like the former All-Star that he is. Jones said there's a reason.

"I was working with Don Mattingly today and we looked at film, way back to 1998-99 and we saw something in my footwork that was locking me up," said Jones. "That's why I was pulling off and not saying inside the ball."

Jones wasn't promising any miraculous recoveries from the worst slump of his life, but the walk against Gagne was a good sign.

"Those first two strikes, just dirty pitches," said Jones. "I went up there thinking about driving the ball, but after I fell behind, I was just battling."

Jones talked like he expected not to be in the lineup the next two games against the Brewers, although manager Joe Torre likes to change his mind and he liked what he saw in Jones' at-bat.

"It was a real good at-bat, especially the way he fell behind and worked the walk."

Jones said he was on board with Torre's desire to give his outfielder a few days off to regroup.

"He told me he was giving me days to work with Donnie and get my mind straightened out," said Jones.

i live in the Philippines, and the only games they show here are Red Sox and Yankees
indifferent.gif
Anyway, to my surprise, I was doing the treadmill at our gym and showedthe Dodgers and the Brewers. This dude Andruw Jones always swing at the 1st pitch? well, he got a homer and great catch at the end so at least he earned hiscontract today
laugh.gif
Loney gonna be a great player I believe. Oh, we gotthe Brewers telecast and they were on this dude's Braun's nuts for signing that new contract. (never even heard of him before) They had hats, shirts,etc and the broadcast booth
laugh.gif
I understand announcers being homers,(i'm an Angel fan and I know how Rex Hudler gets sometimes) but these dudes took it to another level with too much praising their team about how thesekids get along, while putting down the dodgers teamwork at the same time
laugh.gif

Vin Scully will always be the man
pimp.gif

about two weeks ago when the dodgesr were red hot they beast...and for some reason they cant even play 500.aseball for the next two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom