Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Just read the report about Andruw Jones going on the DL 4-6 weeks to heal.

I might go to see the Dodgers this week when they face the Mets wanted to see Andruw but i won't.

laugh.gif
@ the kershaw & schmidtjersey mix up / rookie hazing

Damn last year I swore our Dodger season thread was poppin'

Honestly, I can't see us holding onto Penny&Lowe by allstar break. We can get good players in return for either of them. Jeff Kent should be moved too!

I'm hoping Ramon Martinez is healthy soon because Hu isn't providing anything out there, he's just not ready for the bigs.

I understand Joe Torre feeling out all the players he's got, but Honeycutt has no excuse ... his days are numbered.

Big day tomorrow for Clayton, lets see what he's all about. Its a perfect time to call him up cause the red birds just took 2 from us, so it can't getany worst - unless andruw jones finds out he doesn't need surgery, and we're with his bat in the lineup
laugh.gif

There's no way we do anything without Penny and Lowe. They won't get traded.

& Ramon Martinez isn't any better than Hu.

Crazy day on the transaction side of things.

I won't even talk about the loss today, too dissapointed.

Good to see Tiffee get a shot, but we need a SS since Hu is not cutting it at the plate.

Kershaw's debut,
smokin.gif
, I'll be there.

Garciaparra on the 60 day DL,
smh.gif
, I was hoping he could be the UT we needed.

Raffy still out,
smh.gif
, hurting the team and my fantasy team
ohwell.gif
. I hope hegets well, without him our offense stinks.

Andruw Jones, well let's see if this helps. Playing through pain isn't always the best option.

Loaiza is gone, designated for assignment.

Call up La Roche.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

There's no way we do anything without Penny and Lowe. They won't get traded.

& Ramon Martinez isn't any better than Hu.

It makes sense that either Penny or Lowe get traded. I believe their contracts are coming up, which would make them FAs in 2009, and obviously this 1-2tandem hasn't been working out. An AL team will definitely take either of them off our hands - and give us a needed bat in return / SP. Ironman anyrumblings on our 1-2 pitching duo and their contract situations?

Ramon was more of a consistent player, with his glove & his bat - although he had no power. He just seemed like a good clubhouse dude. At this point,Ramon is the utility player we need. Throw him at 3B, SS, 2B, 1B he can get the job done.
Ironman, Loaiza is finally gone?!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
It's a great day! Hit us up with some notes when you getdown to the ballpark.

I had tickets but sold em to some dude off craiglist (before I knew kershaw was pitching). got an immunology test coming up
sick.gif

[h3]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/05/esteban-loaiza.html[/h3]
[h3]Esteban Loaiza DFA'd - Kershaw Called Up[/h3]
It's a DFA kind of day, I suppose. To make room for the much-anticipated call-up of 20-year old lefty Clayton Kershaw, the Los Angeles Dodgers designated Esteban Loaiza for assignment today. The team now has ten days to either trade him or release him unless Loaiza accepts a demotion to AAA Las Vegas.

In his final year of a three-year deal worth over $21MM, Loaiza is guaranteed at least $7MM in 2008, plus has a $375K buyout on a 2009 option. Picked up by the Dodgers after he was waived by Oakland back in August, Loaiza's struggles in the Bay Area followed him down to LA, where he compiled a 6.94 ERA in twelve appearances. The 36-year old righty has been on the DL since early May due to a shoulder problem.

Too many pitches Clayton!

I'm seeing a lot of red bird fans, they're just stuck in a sea of crips
laugh.gif

3 strike outs, 1 walk, 1 run, not bad!

Damn Loney is doing a great job impersonating Andruw Jones.

6Ks in his last 6 at bats

wow loney was one of those guys who I thought would have tons of potential... i remember either last year or the year before dude has 9 rbi's in one game,this year he aint playing that great and is making some errors here and there... mind you i dont really follow the dodgers much, im just going by what i knowso i could be wrong

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

wow loney was one of those guys who I thought would have tons of potential... i remember either last year or the year before dude has 9 rbi's in one game, this year he aint playing that great and is making some errors here and there... mind you i dont really follow the dodgers much, im just going by what i know so i could be wrong

LOL, ahh - right now he is struggling, but he's had 2 9-game hitting streaks. Dude is solid. He leads the team in RBi's. He's part of thefuture.
pimp.gif

YES DODGERS 3-2 LEAD, FINALLY A HIT WITH RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION!!!!

Btw, Claytons gf looks like she'd be his sister.
sick.gif

laugh.gif

busy workin, watchin english futbol, and trying to bag myspace beezies by sayin "mami you look good, how about you let me beat?"

been keeping tabs on my team, but between the stress of these losing streaks and the end of a crazy season for my manchester united, its too much for my hairpulling antics
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom