Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Haha petco is mad empty.

Kershaw's control is looking suspect! He got lucky on his 1st inning strikeout. Martin called for the ball high, but the ball sailed in the zone & kouzswung and missed.

Berroa's defense is better than expected
laugh.gif

Random tidbits:

[h3]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/06/rosenthals-la-4.html[/h3]
[h3]Rosenthal's Latest: Kemp, Bradley, Fuentes, Street[/h3]
New Rosenthal. Seems like he just put a column out a few days ago.
  • Rosenthal believes the Dodgers would consider trading a young player (especially Matt Kemp) for a slugger. He discusses what it would take to get Jason Bay, Magglio Ordonez, Adam Dunn, or Matt Holliday. This all seems like a bad idea for the Dodgers.
  • The Dodgers wanted to do an Esteban Loaiza-Juan Uribe swap, but the Sox just waited them out and signed Loaiza.

roll.gif
@ Russell's 'stache... I remember spotting it on Sunday'sgame. I remember thinking, "there's no way dude showed up to the Kanye concert with that thing"... mad adult entertainment-isk.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
@ Jeff Kent in that picture. Maybe it's the fact thathe's been hitting the long ball lately.

laugh.gif
theyre mean muggin it.

oh yeah. this team just sucks man.

everyone in the world knows this team is stacked with talent ... but they just continue to lose, lose & lose.

Need to take time off the Lakers
tired.gif
...C'mon Dodgers! Take this seriesfrom Detriot! I'm sick of losing. Go Dodgers!

What rumors about Matt Kemp?
I haven't paid extremely close attention to the Dodgers as of late, can someone fill me in?

Edit: Dang it, rain delay
mad.gif

games on now.

I like the berroa signing, his presence out their seems 10x better than Hu.

Lowe looks good early on, his control is there, hopefully he doesn't dissapoint his hometown

Holy crap, Berroa missed the tag
laugh.gif

Guillen duckin for his life

if kemp would bring us Magglio Ordonez, Adam Dunn, or Matt Holliday then im all for trading him. this team needs a big bat BAD. we got to take a chance at sometime to go get someone.

if kemp would bring us Magglio Ordonez, Adam Dunn, or Matt Holliday then im all for trading him. this team needs a big bat BAD.

happy.gif

However, we all know if Holliday dons a Dodger uni his power numbers will plummet and Kemp will start hitting bombs in Colorado....the curse of Mike Piazzalives (
laugh.gif
, although we have had power hitters since he was traded,
frown.gif
)

I kind of stayed mum the last few days as bright nikes talked to himself,
laugh.gif
. At this point, I don't know what to say, our offense sucks and some moves need to be made. Although the rumored Holliday for Kemp swap willnever happen. There will be growing pains with this team, but if the plan is to stick with youth, then stick to the plan. This team will not win a title thisseason, hate to be selfish but I hope they don't until I become a "full time" member of the front office (
laugh.gif
, I want a damn ring too!).

They have been frustrating to watch lately. The thought is creeping in that this team has no hope. Can you really say that with Furcal out of the lineup formore than a month (34 games and counting), the pitchers have come around but they are getting little to no run support. I think there is more to Penny'sinjury than what they are letting us know, he is not the same pitcher he has been the past two seasons. Kuroda has looked brilliant at times and then he justbombs a start.

I'm glad that Hu finally got sent down, he clearly wasn't ready to be an everyday MLB shorstop. I am actually interested in seeing Nomar back atshort. People are already whining about him being more susceptible to injury at that position, well, we are already accustomed to seeing Nomar on the DL mightas well see him man SS for nostalgia's sake. Maybe he will get a few timely hits and RBI's before he hits the DL again. I do not like the Berroatrade, he really doesn't add anything, ok some versatility, but he was useless in KC. It is a good thing we got him for nothing (A prospect, but KC pickedup the tab). However, a Loaiza for Uribe trade would have helped the team.

It is too early to throw in the towel, especially with the entire NL West playing like garbage. Give it until the deadline, but moving Lowe is bigpossibility. I doubt they will move Penny since the Dodgers have control over his situation (Club Option for 2009). Sweeney needs to DFA, ASAP. He bringsnothing to the table, I'm assuming they are going to let him go when Furcal, Nomar or Andruw come off the DL.

I guess we just have to hang in there, but two straight shutouts,
smh.gif

Don't trade the kids, have a plan and stick to the plan. Trade the vets to a contender, wouldn't mind Kent getting a shot at that elusive ring.

laugh.gif
@ me for being a loser.

I agree, Matt Holliday is that dude, but a trade within our division is nearly impossible to get done. With Ned Colleti at the helm, I really can'tpinpoint a direction in which he wants this team to go in.

I'll give it till All Star Break, and if things are this bad by then, I say trade the vets to title contenders and let them give us some good prospects inreturn.

I can't believe how many games Furcal has missed, was there another underlying problem that had to be healed too? Ahh, who cares.
laugh.gif

Wow.

Penny was given a 4-1 lead into the 4th.

Dude came out and gave 2 HRS.

Left the game with 2 outs and a deficit of 6-4.

Proctor came in 7-4.

Penny you're absolutely horrible.

And now it's 4-9 and the runs are continuing to pile up on us.
On a day when our offense actually score some runs, our defense and pitching becomes absolutely terrible.

Something very interesting to look at
[table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]TEAM[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]ERA[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]CG[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]SHO[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]SV[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]SVO[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]ER[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]HBP[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]SO[/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]2. [/td] [td]B Penny[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]LAD[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]5.88[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]85.2[/td] [td]101[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]47[/td] [/tr][/table]
Brad Penny has the highest ERA on the 5 man rotation, most losses, most hits, most runs, most earn runs, most homers, and 2nd in walks and last instrike outs (in rotation).

The chart thing is kinda messed up, but you guys should get the point
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

He's headed back home for an MRI, he has shoulder discomfort
laugh.gif
+!%++

Matt Holliday is good but even at this point I'd want to stick with Kemp for a while. It's something about "our own" players which makes mewant to see them be successful in the big leagues. I know a lot of these guys will not become gold glove, silver slugger, every year all stars but I thinkKemp is one of the exceptions... along with Martin and maybe Loney.

Plus, I don't think that Colorado would be up for that trade unless they want to get rid of Holliday's contract.

I still have hope this team will turn it around and start catching up to Arizona...
happy.gif

Damn Chan Ho Park struggled.

5-0 Tigers, it should be a wrap.

This is sad, but funny at the same time.
laugh.gif

Milwaukee's Prince Fielder headed to trade market?

Want a surprise name that could come in the market, maybe before July 31, but almost definitely in the offseason when the Mets and Yanks could be hunting first basemen: Milwaukee's Prince Fielder. Milwaukee is blessed with a lot of offensive-centric players who could switch to first (Ryan Braun in the majors, Matt LaPorta or Mat Gamel nearly ready at Double-A). Mainly, Fielder is a Scott Boras client who almost certainly will not sign a long-term contract and the Brewers could decide his greatest value is in dealing him sooner than later while his value is highest and cost to them lowest. The Dodgers, Twins and Royals also could have interest. -- NY Post

Dodgers could go for Mets Beltran?
The Mets should see which teams that need a big-time center fielder and/or run producer such as the White Sox, Cubs, Cardinals and Dodgers, and maybe even the Yanks and Red Sox, would give up for Carlos Beltran. With the Dodgers, the Mets might need to take back a Juan Pierre or Andruw Jones to balance contracts/center fielders, but if that allowed the Mets to get the Dodgers to consider building a package around James Loney, Matt Kemp and/or Chad Billingsley, they should consider it. -- NY Post

laugh.gif
Pass on both. Outside of power, Loney is better than Fielder inevery aspect. He'll be a gold glover, too. If anyone, we should go after Teixeira.
Beltran
laugh.gif
, who wants to eat that contract for a .270 / 30HR hitter when you have Kemp with all that upside. How bout Pierre and Ethier for Beltran? Bring Repko back up who is killing right now.

Back
Top Bottom