Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Update: he was at class A or AAA (forgot) the next day he woke up and felt pain in his calf. So they're taking it slow with him.

laugh.gif
how pathetic of an update.

laugh.gif
so he had another set back. Will he go to SS right after he gets offthe DL? Or 3rd base?

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

Nomar will be our savior.
if thats are hope then i know not to watch another dodger game all year,

who are the upcoming FA for next year? we need a god damn bat.

I'm beginning to think we'll never have that 30 hr 100 rbi+ guy. Even a consistant 3B with DeWitt finally coming back to earth.

The organization has tried though: Gary Sheffield, Shawn Green, Andruw Jones & so on.

I really don't know what it is.

I don't think Nomar could go back to SS because that position is way too demanding. He should stick at the corners (1b or 3b).

Good game by the Dodgers.

I went to todays game. Damn it was hot!!!! I was sitting on the field level, sec. 39. Did anybody else go today?
Well good game, but we should have been up by more points. but hey, A win is a win.
I"ll be there next sunday vs the angels. I also was wondering whats going on with nomar. Sucks he keeps getting hurt.
here is a pic of Pierre from my cell.

Well good game, but we should have been up by more points. but hey, A win is a win.

:lol: sorry found that funny. good win today though, Kuo and Beimel looked great in relief and Billingsley had a solid outing. Russ with the homer :pimp:

*runs
laugh.gif

news & notes:
[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/06/dodgers-would-a.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Would Allow Ms To Talk To Ng, White[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [June 23 at 9:17am CST]

Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times talked to Dodgers GM Ned Colletti, who said the Dodgers would grant permission for the Mariners to talk to executives Kim Ng and Logan White. The Mariners haven't asked; most believe they'll wait until the offseason to choose their long-term GM. On a related topic, news surfaced Thursday that the Padres would not allow the Mariners to talk to Kevin Towers.

Ng is the Dodgers' Vice President and Assistant GM; she seems destined to become the game's first female general manager. White is the team's Assistant GM, Scouting. He has stocked the Dodgers with tons of young talent over the past several years. I'm sure Colletti wishes the best for his top execs. But you have to admit, both might become threats for the Dodger job down the road.

Nomar Nomore update:
Nomar to resume baseball activity early

Kuroda feels good after long-toss session; Penny throws

LOS ANGELES -- Another day brought another laundry list of injury updates at Dodger Stadium.
Instead of taking a full 10 days off as his physical therapist in Boston had prescribed, infielder Nomar Garciaparra has decided he feels good enough to give his strained left calf just five days off, so he will resume baseball activities on Tuesday after hitting in the cage Sunday.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]"This is something that's been obviously tough to get a grip on, and I think you have to rely on how he feels," said Dodgers manager Joe Torre before Sunday's series finale against the Indians.
Garciaparra has started to feel more upbeat about his confusing injury that has kept him off the field for almost two months, Torre said, and he's at the point now where he just wants to let it fly.

Injured pitcher Hiroki Kuroda (right shoulder) felt fine after long-tossing Sunday. He is on schedule to throw a bullpen session Wednesday, after which the Dodgers will determine if he will be able to make his scheduled start Saturday when he's eligible to return from the disabled list.

"I made it clear to him. I don't want any question mark about anything bothering him, but yeah, I think it's reasonable," Torre said about Kuroda making Saturday's start. "The thing that may keep it from being that way, even if he doesn't feel anything physical, he may feel more comfortable with a second bullpen. And if that's the case, he probably wouldn't start Saturday."

Chan Ho Park, who threw five innings of one-run ball as a spot starter this past Saturday, would be the replacement going either Friday or Saturday depending on how Torre would want to juggle his rotation with Monday's off-day.

Park would not be available until Wednesday after throwing 83 pitches in Saturday's start, and he would not be available until his next start if it's determined Kuroda can't go.

Speaking of the bullpen, after six pitchers threw six innings in relief of Park in Saturday's 11-inning affair, Torre said Scott Proctor and Cory Wade would be unavailable Sunday and long man Hong-Chih Kuo would only be able to go one inning.

In other injury news, starter Brad Penny (right shoulder) threw long for the second straight day, shortstop Rafael Furcal (lower back soreness) took some ground balls and is running about 60-65 percent and catcher Gary Bennett's foot is still an issue. Torre said the injured players would be in during Monday's off-day for treatment.

Oh yeah, Logan White better not go anywhere.

He should be the Dodgers GM, once Ned Flanders Colleti is fired next year.

I like the way the Dodgers jumped on the Indians early on Sunday, that has to happen in this series as well, because the White Sox will score runs like noother.

laugh.gif
damn Lowe you're trash.

He has the bases loaded, 1 outs, 1st inning, Jermaine Dye just struck out.

I don't care if he gets out of this inning, trade this idiot already.

Yes, I'm mad.

P MAC is spot on, this is make or break time.

Pathetic.

This team sucks.

The management is hideous.

The coaching staff are a bunch of fools.

The fans are wasting their money.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Pathetic.

This team sucks.

The management is hideous.

The coaching staff are a bunch of fools.

The fans are wasting their money.

roll.gif

To be honest with you, I rather see the "Kids" play every day. I'd pay money to see that.

I mean if your 2 big money pitchers are not getting the job done, then why are they still dangling on a thread??

What do you guys think?

They are in the worst division in the league, and still have a shot at the NL West.

What do you guys think?
Wait until the All-Star break.

If things are looking good with Furcal and Jones, and it looks like they might produce in the second half, then keep the current squad and try to win thedivision. If things aren't looking good then I would see what the market looks like for Lowe, Pierre, Kent, Nomar and Saito. It doesn't make any senseto get rid of Penny, because his value is lower now and his option is only 9 million, with his buyout at 2 million. Net 7 million even for a crappy Brad Pennyis decent value, word to Loaiza. I wouldn't deal Jones either, simply because he's still the 3rd best outfielder in an organization without muchorganizational depth, and he only has one year left on his deal.

If Nomar comes back, I'm sure some team could find him useful, we wouldn't get anything of significance for him though. Lowe could get us a decentprospect, but I'm not sure if that prospect is more valuable than the 2 first rounders he'll get us. That said, we have nothing at the upper levels ofthe minors, and a prospect that is closer to contributing might be more valuable to us right now. I would love to deal Saito. Desperate contending teams alwaysgive up way to much for relievers, and Saito is going to play 1 more year max. I could see the Yankees or Red Sox giving us way more than his actual value forhim. Kent you almost have to trade if we become sellers. Anything you get for him is better than nothing because this is certainly his last season. If we canget rid of Pierre, I'd be all over that as well. I could see the Yankees being interested, and possibly the Cubs if Soriano doesn't heal as expected.

Kemp still gets fooled by breaking balls, and is suspect in CF.

Andre Either nice hitter, but that's basically it.

DeWitt is coming back to earth.

Young shows a lot of pop, but what's his real position?

Hu should never be allowed in the Majors again.

Loney like any other hitter has his days.

Martin is that dude though, I hope he sports Dodger Blue for his whole career.

It's a growing process with the young kids, I say we do what the Marlins do every year - and let them perform on the field.

It's just embarassing to me that the team on the 57 freeway performs day in and day out. Their fans are horrible, and yet they still keep winning. Yes,them Los Angeles Anaheim of California next to Disneyland Angels.

And yes, we are in a horrible division and yet every year no matter how close we are, we always drop the ball.

The more the McCourts spend, the more us fans are gonna keep dishing out to compensate for these stupid decisions.

Pathetic.
laugh.gif

^ U guys are both on point.

Anyone going to the Freeway series this weekend??

I'm taking my perfect 7-0 record for this season, to the Ravine on Friday night
laugh.gif

Great game so far from Stults.

Offense is showing up tonight.

But, somehow I'm thinking our next game is gonna be ugly.

Back
Top Bottom