Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

eek.gif
laugh.gif
LAKER 4 LIFE sighthing

Milwaukee's Prince Fielder headed to trade market?

Want a surprise name that could come in the market, maybe before July 31, but almost definitely in the offseason when the Mets and Yanks could be hunting first basemen: Milwaukee's Prince Fielder. Milwaukee is blessed with a lot of offensive-centric players who could switch to first (Ryan Braun in the majors, Matt LaPorta or Mat Gamel nearly ready at Double-A). Mainly, Fielder is a Scott Boras client who almost certainly will not sign a long-term contract and the Brewers could decide his greatest value is in dealing him sooner than later while his value is highest and cost to them lowest. The Dodgers, Twins and Royals also could have interest. -- NY Post

Dodgers could go for Mets Beltran?
The Mets should see which teams that need a big-time center fielder and/or run producer such as the White Sox, Cubs, Cardinals and Dodgers, and maybe even the Yanks and Red Sox, would give up for Carlos Beltran. With the Dodgers, the Mets might need to take back a Juan Pierre or Andruw Jones to balance contracts/center fielders, but if that allowed the Mets to get the Dodgers to consider building a package around James Loney, Matt Kemp and/or Chad Billingsley, they should consider it. -- NY Post
eek.gif
roll.gif

I wouldn't take either one. Carlos Beltran and his huge contract and the Mets get to rebuild their squad, no thanks. Carlos Beltran is a .270-.285hitter, Matt Kemp is already a .300+ hitter. Beltran is a 25-30 HR hitter, something Matt Kemp will be sooner rather than later. Plus they want Loney,
laugh.gif
. I've been saying this forever, Beltran is overrated.

As for Fielder, pass, don't need anymore overweight ballplayers. Plus his power will fade at the Ravine. I agree, Loney is as good or better except inthe power department.

Anyway, saw over $50 million worth of contracts work out at Dodger Stadium today. Andruw Jones, Nomar, Furcal and Schmidt worked out today. Jones wasknocking them out of the park. Well the ball hit the left field pavilion and then it bounced out the stadium. Funny story, I actually retrieved the ball, butended up losing it,
smh.gif
. He was crushing the ball, so hopefully that is a sign of things to come....hopefully (crosses fingers). Fact of the matter is that weneed all of them back. I just hope the Dodgers don't pull a panic move. I would rather stink now than mortgage the future, ala Bedard for the entireMariner farm system deal.

Penny placed on the 15-Day DL.

Eric Stults called up.

Hiroki Kuroda on an airplane back to L.A to get an MRI; shoulder discomfort.

laugh.gif
:lol:

Penny added to the DL
Kuroda added to the DL

What's going on here?
ohwell.gif

EDIT: on a slightly higher note, the Dodgers just completed the sweep of Cincinnati. Took 5 Dodger pitchers to do it, but a win is a win.
tongue.gif
pimp.gif

Next up: Indians.

3 Game winning streak, but from the Reds, so it really dont count.

There's two ways this could go:

Druw and Furcal and come back and play well, and we run past the Diamondbacks.

or

They don't come back, or do come back and don't play well, and we trade Lowe, Beimel and maybe more and gear up for next season.

The only thing I'm scared of is Colletti making a stupid trade because without a well-timed hot streak, this team isn't good enough to win a title.We're better off making a couple of trades that free us up from some of our veterans like Lowe and Pierre.

There are a few championship contending teams who would probably need a guy like Pierre, so he can go.

Bring up Repko, or insert Young at left field please.

Lowe is in the last year of his contract if I'm not mistaken = trade bait, possibly for a young pitcher.

I doubt anyone would want Jeff Kent.

^There should be plenty of AL teams who'd love someone like Jeff Kent.

Teams would want him more cause of his reputation (future HOF, tough nosed ball player, etc).

By all-star break we can give a fair assessment on how the team has done, we all know this team isn't ready nor is it built for a championship. So, letsbuild with the kids we see in the future and let the vets go to competing teams.

eek.gif
what a comeback!

comon dodgers!

Bases loaded, kemp intentionally walked, Kent up to bat vs Borowski.

4-3!!!!!! 1 out 9th!

eek.gif
pimp.gif
Wow, what a double play! 1 more out to go.

Edit: Very nice comeback, but it doesn't mean anything because Saito couldn't finish it off, and lost the game for us.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

my cousin just told me there was a rumor about a trade for Kemp and Chad for Jay Bruce? any truth to this?

none whatsoever.
3 Game winning streak, but from the Reds, so it really dont count.
watch your mouth.

smile.gif

LOS ANGELES -- It sure was an odd sight during batting practice, Dodgers pitcher Derek Lowe and manager Joe Torre in uniform, sitting in the expensive seats behind home plate in a discussion with general manager Ned Colletti and Lowe's agent, Scott Boras.
Demanding a trade? A contract extension? More run support?
Colletti said they were talking about "the future." Lowe walked away without comment.
Boras said the meeting was his idea, meant to clear the air after comments Lowe made about starting in place of the injured Brad Penny on Wednesday that could have been interpreted as a complaint.

"Derek had no problem with pitching that game, and we just wanted to make sure everybody knew that," said Boras.
Lowe is in the final year of a four-year, $36 million contract. He has never been on the disabled list
A trade better be in the works for this douche.

Like someone had said before on this thread, the Dodgers always find a way to lose
laugh.gif

Lowe can go, hell Penny can go if he wasn't on the DL.

This team is not built to win a championship right now, it would be nice to get rid of some of the veterans, and shed some payroll.

I would love to see this defensive lineup play, and develop together.

C - Martin
3B - LaRoche
SS - Furcal
2B - DeWitt
1B - Loney
OF - Kemp
OF - Ethier
OF - Repko / Young

^Frenchblue finally reading some of my posts
laugh.gif

This damn team ALWAYS finds a way to lose, these 2 games from the Indians both were winnable games.

Lowe and / or Penny both can go, give us prospects (mlb ready) for them, I'm sure someone chasing a ring is sure to budge.

& honestly, I don't think Furcal is gonna see any time on the field for a VERY long time, lets just prepare ourselves for another year full ofdissapointments.

Damn you Colleti, go back to the Bay - you aint wanted here.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

^Frenchblue finally reading some of my posts
laugh.gif

This damn team ALWAYS finds a way to lose, these 2 games from the Indians both were winnable games.

Lowe and / or Penny both can go, give us prospects (mlb ready) for them, I'm sure someone chasing a ring is sure to budge.

& honestly, I don't think Furcal is gonna see any time on the field for a VERY long time, lets just prepare ourselves for another year full of dissapointments.

Damn you Colleti, go back to the Bay - you aint wanted here.

I always do
happy.gif

I just didn't remember exactly if that was you who said that.

Furcal might as well hang up his cleats for the season, a bulging disk is no joke.

Kuroda - DL

Garciaparra - DL

Andruw Jones - DL

Schimdt - DL

All Colletti signings, and all making more money than what they should.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I'm not putting Furcal on that list because he has more than earned his money.

Back
Top Bottom