Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Effin' Kent, he shudda stepped back on that hard hopper by Guerrero.

Oh yeah, that throw by Guerrero on the warning track, one hop was nioooce. Even though he didn't get Kemp.

laugh.gif
@ the no hitter by weaver but we're up 1

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

lol if the Dodgers get no-hit and the win.

We just did.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Great pitching performance by Weaver and Bills, but the most important thing isthat we got the W. Dodgers for the sweep tomorrow. Let's go.
Edit: We witnessed history tonight.

Wow, just saw this on mlb.com.

How do you even "cherish" this win?
laugh.gif

Eff it, its a W.

just got back from the game...bizarre....short game. got the win. Angels fans were getting food and beer thrown/poured on them in left field bleachers. greatgame to witness.

just came home from work

went to ESPN.com

Angels throw a No-Hitter...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and LOSE!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif
WTH?!!?
smh.gif

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-bbline29-2008jun29,0,1271776.story
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times proposes the Dodgers offer middle reliever Cory Wade or Single-A fireballer Javy Guerra for OF Juan Rivera. Despite already having a logjam in the outfield, Rivera would provide the power the Dodgers need. As he sees it, the Angels have a propensity for stockpiling arms and Rivera is only gathering dust behind Gary Matthews Jr. Fun fact from Shaikin: it's been 32 years since the last Dodgers/Angels trade.
Tony Jackson of the Los Angeles Daily News says Mark Sweeney may draw the short straw when Rafael Furcal and Nomar Garciaparra return from the DL within the next week. The Dodgers would release the 38 year old.
Rosenthal thinks the Mariners should consider dealing Adrian Beltre along with Erik Bedard by the deadline. The A's and Dodgers would be interested in the 29 year old. Also, Jarrod Washburn's stock is rising.

I always thought about this scenario. A team winning without any hits. If Weaver gone 9 innings, would that go down as a no-hitter since no hits but lost thegame?

DBacks lost to Florida today, we gotta win today!!!

Or at least get a damn hit!

God damn Lowe, I hate you.

You had GMJ 0-2 and you end up walking him. Napoli hits a single.

1-0 Angels.

You're horrible Lowe.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Hell no, I'm good with Bedard, I want Beltre back in Dodger Blue though.

So you don't want a pitcher under 30 with a career ERA under 4, even though he pitched in the AL east most of his career. But you want Adrian Beltre?

We know what to expect from Beltre, with Bedard its iffy.

Plus, I'm sure Seattle would want our farm system to compensate them for them giving up the farm just to get him, so yes, give me Beltre.

With Brad Penny stating "I feel like I have a brand new arm", Kuroda going to pitch his next start, CHP as a spot starter, Bills coming through asour Ace - we lack a solid hitter, not a pitcher at this point.

Bedard has been an above average pitcher since 2005, not ify at all. He's also relatively cheap, and we could re-sign him. You can never have enoughpitching, and Lowe is certain to be gone next year. Trade Lowe to the Cubs for some prospects, flip those prospects plus a few of our own for Bedard. I'mnot saying we should go for broke with Bedard, but his value is lower than it was last off-season, and we should explore a trade. If we traded Ethier and a Bprospect I wouldn't be upset. As far as Beltre goes, he's already proven that he sucks, why bring him back?

laugh.gif
your optimism is impressive ...

Ahh, your statement of 'Beltre Sucks' is a very convincing topic of argument. I'm a little bias because it was fun watching Beltre grow up as aDodger and to bring him back would be a great PR move. He'd bring us more than DeWitt & LaRoche combined.

Damn, you can feel Pierre's pain when he let out that scream, hopefully he's ok. He's never been on the DL his whole career.

The offense is looking very bland, again. We have an oppertunity to be 1.5 games back from the D'Backs but no one on this team can do anything.

K-Rod celebrating like he won the world series; hell you guys didn't even win the series.

I can't believe half the season has been played by Monday.

Originally Posted by CL2423

You have any good pics, dyyhard?

no not really.
laugh.gif
here's one that my brother took

10dinia.jpg

he also took one of the scoreboard, but it came out fuzzy. you can make out the zeros. I still have my ticket stub and my memories of this game though.

162jcj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom