Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Kuroda doesn't seem right, his confidence looks down.

Yeah, his body language ain't too good right now.
mad.gif

Anyone else notice Vin Scully has deaded the commentary of Jeff seeing good pitches cause of Manny?

Comon Russ, the first pitch?

Corpus has been struggling with his location, should have worked the count.

This @#%%*## bullpen is unbelievable.

I hope Kuo don't end up with some shoulder discomfort cause his last couple outings have been horrible.

Beers have gotten so damn expensive there...$12.25 for a Dos Equis? I blew over $100 on Dodger Dogs and beer alone tonight, and the f-ing Rockies won. The onlytime it seemed like the Dodgers got on base was with two outs. So sad.

Originally Posted by eaalto

Beers have gotten so damn expensive there...$12.25 for a Dos Equis? I blew over $100 on Dodger Dogs and beer alone tonight, and the f-ing Rockies won. The only time it seemed like the Dodgers got on base was with two outs. So sad.

You ain't never lie my dude. That's why you go prepared to a game - options:

A) Drink before going to the game
B) Bring in snacks to the game
C) Just buy a snack at the game, then go grub at your spot after the game is over.

nerd.gif

^truth. I always like going to the game with a girl because I can put food, drinks, etc. in her purse
laugh.gif

I'll be at the game tonight, we need to rebound from that terrible loss last night. All we need a strong outing from Billingsley and I'm confident ouroffense can put up enough runs.

^Have fun @ the game jpap!

Anyways, I love when Juan Pierre gets on base, he's just automatic on the bases. Jeff Kent smashed that ball, but Holliday had a nice catch to double upKemp.

1-0 Dodgers

Oh yeah, the Padres can't do anything right - they mailed it in for the season.

eek.gif
what a throw by Kemp, got lucky on the bounce!

But, C.Bills is making wayyy too many pitches.

I'm not a big fan of moving players to a different position than what they normally play, but Russell Martin looks so comfortable at 3rd base.
He's an exception.

Casey Blake on the other hand, doesn't look so good at 1st.
grin.gif

The Rockies just have our number.

The Dodgers were producing runs in the first couple innings, but after that they just got cold.

Joe should stop trying to mix&match position players like that, just stop Joe.

The Rox are on fire and we know what they can do when they turn it on - the NL west is supposebly the easiest division, but the Dodgers can never seem to runaway with it.

We won't go anywhere with this bullpen, if its due to fatigue send these guys to a damn spa and get them refreshed. And Broxton, my dude ca you do anythingright? You can't drill Holliday late in the inning and putting him on for free ... this is the time we're suppose to put it together. Now we'redown 2 games.

[table][tr][td]West[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]E#[/td] [td]L10[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]vs E[/td] [td]vs C[/td] [td]vs W[/td] [td]INT[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]vs R[/td] [td]vs L[/td] [td]XTRA[/td] [td]1-RUN[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]RA[/td] [td]X W-L[/td] [td]LAST GAME[/td] [td]NEXT GAME[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arizona[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]60[/td] [td].524[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]W2[/td] [td]14-19[/td] [td]13-16[/td] [td]33-16[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]35-26[/td] [td]31-34[/td] [td]40-43[/td] [td]26-17[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [td]17-16[/td] [td]587[/td] [td]548[/td] [td]67-59[/td] [td] 8/20 v SD, W 8-6[/td] [td]8/21 v SD, 9:40P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]64[/td] [td]62[/td] [td].508[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]L2[/td] [td]16-11[/td] [td]20-17[/td] [td]23-24[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]38-30[/td] [td]26-32[/td] [td]42-46[/td] [td]22-16[/td] [td]5-8[/td] [td]17-19[/td] [td]533[/td] [td]504[/td] [td]66-60[/td] [td] 8/20 v COL, L 3-4[/td] [td]8/21 v COL, 3:10P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]69[/td] [td].461[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]W5[/td] [td]15-18[/td] [td]18-15[/td] [td]19-28[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]34-29[/td] [td]25-40[/td] [td]37-54[/td] [td]22-15[/td] [td]3-5[/td] [td]19-17[/td] [td]603[/td] [td]660[/td] [td]59-69[/td] [td] 8/20 @ LAD, W 4-3[/td] [td]8/21 @ LAD, 3:10P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]72[/td] [td].429[/td] [td]12.0[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]18-13[/td] [td]9-25[/td] [td]21-22[/td] [td]6-12[/td] [td]25-37[/td] [td]29-35[/td] [td]40-48[/td] [td]14-24[/td] [td]7-4[/td] [td]24-16[/td] [td]481[/td] [td]590[/td] [td]51-75[/td] [td] 8/20 v FLA, W 6-5[/td] [td]8/21 v FLA, 3:45P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]78[/td] [td].381[/td] [td]18.0[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]L3[/td] [td]12-16[/td] [td]13-21[/td] [td]20-26[/td] [td]3-15[/td] [td]27-38[/td] [td]21-40[/td] [td]34-47[/td] [td]14-31[/td] [td]5-6[/td] [td]13-24[/td] [td]486[/td] [td]594[/td] [td]52-74[/td] [td] 8/20 @ ARI, L 6-8[/td] [td]8/21 @ ARI, 9:40P[/td] [/tr][/table]
NEXT GAME 8/21

TV: PRIME-HD | RADIO: KABC 790, KHJ 930

matchup.png

matchup.png

@
Dodger Stadium
12:10PM PDT

De La Rosa (6-6)

Lowe (9-10)

Tickets

Probable Pitchers | Full Schedule

Yesterday was a TEAM loss, no blame really goes anywhere. Too many errors, bullpen, etc.
eyes.gif

Dodgers commit four errors in loss

LA falls two games out of first place in National League West

LOS ANGELES -- After watching his catcher commit two throwing errors playing third base, his third baseman commit an error playing first base and his backup catcher commit a fourth error that led to the winning run, Joe Torre was asked if he second-guessed himself for the unorthodox lineup he fielded Wednesday night.
"No, not at all," the manager said after the Dodgers' 4-3 loss to the Rockies. "But you can. You have a right to ask that question. We've had success doing that."

The Dodgers came into the game 4-3 with Russell Martin starting at third base and 1-0 with Casey Blake starting at first. Torre explained that he sent his defense into motion to avoid playing first baseman James Loney because he was 1-for-16 lifetime against Colorado starter Jeff Francis.

Two innings in, Torre's lineup had done well enough for a 3-0 lead with Juan Pierre -- starting ahead of Andre Ethier because he was hitting .481 against Francis -- singling and scoring a first-inning run and backup catcher Danny Ardoin's sharp grounder scoring a pair of runs, although instead of a two-run single it was ruled an error on drawn-in shortstop Troy Tulowitzki.

But the Dodgers didn't score a run after the second inning, stranded four runners in scoring position through four innings and had their last 15 batters retired in order. Matt Kemp had an eventful game, singling in Pierre in the first inning, getting doubled off first on a hit-and-run flyout by Jeff Kent that inning and gunning down Ian Stewart at the plate trying to score from second on Francis' single in the second inning.

Meanwhile, the Rockies patiently waited for the Dodgers to beat themselves, which they did.

"We gave away too much," Torre said. "We gave them too many outs and you can't do that, especially with a team that can beat you up offensively."

Tulowitzki homered in the fourth inning off Chad Billingsley, who pitched into and out of a bases-loaded situation with no outs in the fifth while allowing only one run that scored when Blake booted Brad Hawpe's grounder.

Billingsley left with a 3-2 lead after six innings, but the lead got away on an unearned run off Chan Ho Park in a seventh-inning rally that started when Martin's rushed throw on speedy Willy Taveras' bouncer pulled Blake off the bag, Hawpe's single tying the game.

"I'd like to take that play back, but there's nothing I can do now," Martin said. "The first one [on Yorvit Torrealba in the sixth], I overthrew and didn't have to throw that hard. The second one [on Tavares], I got on the side of it and it ran away from Casey."

As Torre pointed out, however, the key player keeping the fifth inning from spinning out of control was his third baseman, Martin, who fielded two sharp grounders and erased runners at home, the second time beginning an inning-ending double play.

"I'm not stubborn," Torre said. "But I'd put them back at first base and third base without any hesitation. I'm totally comfortable watching them."

Jonathan Broxton took the loss. He drilled Matt Holliday with the second pitch of the ninth inning, a 97-mph fastball. Holliday stole second base and Ardoin's throw was very wild, allowing Holliday to advance to third.

That also meant the Dodgers had to draw the infield in, and Hawpe took advantage of that, sending a soft liner just over second baseman Kent for a single and his third RBI of the game.

"We gave them too many opportunities," Torre said, "and when you don't score a lot of runs, it's all magnified."

Broxton has back-to-back losses and three of the Dodgers' past five defeats, his ERA up to 3.69. Although he's 9-for-10 in save situations since inheriting the closer job from the injured Takashi Saito, he's also allowed earned runs in four of his past six appearances, his ERA jumping from 3.02.

Billingsley took his third no-decision in the past four starts, although it qualifies as a quality start with two runs in six innings. He had runners on base in each inning, burned through 114 pitches and was ragged, but kept damage by a potent lineup to a minimum.

"It wasn't my best stuff at all," he said. "I was battling."

You cannot play like this at home, especially this late into the season.

They can't afford to be losing series against teams under .500. After today they will be in Philly, and that's not gonna be a walk in the park.

Come on Dodgers.

It always seems like a mission every time Broxton takes the ball in the 9th.
laugh.gif

He got the job done today though, striking out the side. 1 1/2 games back now of Arizona.
tongue.gif

He was clocked at 100 mph today
eek.gif

Im happy if they take 2 of 3 from philly. Arizona has the back end of the rotation versus the fish. So hopefully they can take 2 or sweep.

Most likely you can add another win for AZ tonight, cuz Brandon Webb is pitching
grin.gif

Florida will definitely give them hell this weekend, as for the Dodgers, they have a tough task of 4 games in Philly.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom