Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

When/where did Jeff Kent say that?
smh.gif

Dodgers are looking good, I just really hate the way we lost the last 3 games we lost.

Originally Posted by 75 Partly Cloudy

When/where did Jeff Kent say that?
smh.gif

Dodgers are looking good, I just really hate the way we lost the last 3 games we lost.

Go to page 68, it's the article from the LA times that bright nikes posted.

And yeah, things would be looking sweet if they didn't giveaway those 2 games in SF.

Looks like Yahoo finally got a hold of the Kent story..... (Kent you idiot)

[h4]Jeff Kent opens mouth, proves again why people don't like him[/h4]
By 'Duk

ept_sports_mlb_experts-85988135-1219071699.jpg
When I first heard that Jeff Kent said that Vin Scully "talks too much," I was willing to play fair and give the Dodgers second baseman the benefit of the doubt.

See, I figured the comment was blown a little out of proportion by LA Times columnist T.J. Simers. Even though I love Simers' sensationalist take on all things SoCal sports, I figured he was just being T.J. and having some fun with Kent.

And after seeing it spread all over blogdome, I figured bloggers were running with it to get the cheap and easy clicks.

I should have known better.

In airing his frustration with Scully over comments made that Manny Ramirez's arrival has rejuvenated Kent's stat line, the potential Hall of Famer shows again why you'd rather wake up a sleeping wolverine for a hug than embrace Mr. Personality.

Kent's other remarks Re: Scully:
• "I've been here four years and I have never seen Vin Scully down here in the clubhouse. How does Vin Scully know me? How does Vin Scully know Derek Lowe?"
• "Everyone says I'm hitting now because some guy says so on TV?"

No, those aren't the most inflammatory comments in history - or anywhere close, actually - but read the entire Simers column for a further look at why the perpetually grumpy Kent is viewed with such indifference.

Then again, when you call the greatest baseball announcer alive today just "some guy" and question his preparation for games, I'm sure you're way past the point of caring how people see you in the first place.

kents just a grumpy old man... i aint gonna hate.

im always callin him OLD MAN at games...cheering him on.. he can say what he wants as long as he keeps hitting doubles, showing the young ones how to hit..

lets just get the pennant and maybe win a few playoff games... we have one playoff game win since 1988.

Maddux guys, MADDUX!!!!

Been pulling for this dude for a while
pimp.gif

Kershaw being mentored by Maddux = its a wrap fellas!!!!

[h1]Dodgers reportedly get Maddux in trade with Padres[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: August 18, 2008, 8:53 PM ET

The Dodgers addressed their offense for the stretch run by acquiring Manny Ramirez. Now it looks like they've done something about the pitching staff.

3933.jpg

Maddux

The Los Angeles Times reported on Monday night that the team had completed a deal with the Padres for veteran right-hander Greg Maddux. Citing an anonymous person close to the deal, the newspaper did not know who San Diego would receive in return.

Maddux has a 3.99 ERA this season but is only 6-9 for a Padres team that has languished in last place in the weak NL West. The Dodgers moved into a first-place tie with the Diamondbacks in the division on Sunday.

Los Angeles had a need for another starter, however, after putting right-hander Brad Penny on the disabled list last week.

This will be Maddux's second stint with the Dodgers. The Cubs traded him to Los Angeles at the trade deadline in 2006 and he went 6-3 in the regular season for the Dodgers. Los Angeles lost to the Mets in the divisional series.

The Dodgers completed a trade for Ramirez with the Red Sox on Aug. 1, and he has batted .421 with six homers and 21 RBIs for Los Angeles.

Good pickup on Maddux. He's a Dodger once again.
pimp.gif

After reading those comments by Kent, man, calm yourself dude. You always seem to be grumpy.
eyes.gif
Wonder how Vin responds to this.

^Knowing how classy Vin is, he'll just take those comments and brush it off and keep it moving.

Deal is pretty much done and will be announced tomorrow.

I was happy when I heard the news.

Having Maddux on the team not only benefits the current pitchers, but he's still a pretty good pitcher for his age.

Hopefully Kershaw absorbs everything possible that he can learn from one of the greatest to ever pitch.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

^Knowing how classy Vin is, he'll just take those comments and brush it off and keep it moving.

Yep, Vin gives nothing but compliments and respect towards the players, and this is how Jeff treats him back?
smh.gif
W.e. let's just move on, and getalong with the rest of the season.Hopefully if we can, a sweep of the Rockies would be nice.
laugh.gif

Edit: 600! Go Dodgers!

Back
Top Bottom