Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Anyone purchase an Authentic jersey this year? Looking into buying one before the season is over, but these players come and go when you least expect it, I was thinking of getting a Kemp or Martin.
I buy one every season, starting last season
laugh.gif
. Usually ofa player that I know is going to be here for awhile or one who made that particular season memorable. I have a Gagne from the 2004 season, road jersey withthe old layered font. I bought a Russell Martin home jersey last season. This year was tough, didn't know who to get. Then we got Manny, no brainerright? I thought about it for awhile since we don't know if Manny will come back again. Then the 20% off sale on authentic jerseys popped up for thishomestand so I had to make a quick decision. So:

I figured with the 50th anniversary patch, the Manny jersey made sense. This season, during our 50th anniversary season, Manny has been the biggest thing tohappen this season. Copped
smokin.gif

Can't wait to rock it in San Francisco on 9/27. Hopefully we clinch that day
smokin.gif

NEXT GAME 9/7

TV: PRIME-HD | RADIO: KABC 790, KHJ 930

matchup.png

matchup.png

@
Dodger Stadium
1:10PM PDT

Scherzer (0-2)

Kershaw (3-5)

Tickets

Probable Pitchers | Full Schedule

[table][tr][td]West[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]E#[/td] [td]L10[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]vs E[/td] [td]vs C[/td] [td]vs W[/td] [td]INT[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]vs R[/td] [td]vs L[/td] [td]XTRA[/td] [td]1-RUN[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]RA[/td] [td]X W-L[/td] [td]LAST GAME[/td] [td]NEXT GAME[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]70[/td] [td].507[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]W7[/td] [td]16-18[/td] [td]20-17[/td] [td]31-25[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]44-30[/td] [td]28-40[/td] [td]48-51[/td] [td]24-19[/td] [td]5-9[/td] [td]17-21[/td] [td]598[/td] [td]574[/td] [td]74-68[/td] [td] 9/6 v ARI, W 7-2[/td] [td]9/7 v ARI, 4:10P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arizona[/td] [td]71[/td] [td]70[/td] [td].504[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]L2[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]15-17[/td] [td]35-23[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]40-31[/td] [td]31-39[/td] [td]45-53[/td] [td]26-17[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [td]18-18[/td] [td]640[/td] [td]626[/td] [td]72-69[/td] [td] 9/6 @ LAD, L 2-7[/td] [td]9/7 @ LAD, 4:10P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]76[/td] [td].469[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]15-18[/td] [td]21-17[/td] [td]24-33[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]39-32[/td] [td]28-44[/td] [td]44-60[/td] [td]23-16[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]22-18[/td] [td]663[/td] [td]722[/td] [td]66-77[/td] [td] 9/6 v HOU, L 0-2[/td] [td]9/7 v HOU, 3:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]60[/td] [td]80[/td] [td].429[/td] [td]11.0[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [td]L1[/td] [td]19-13[/td] [td]9-29[/td] [td]26-26[/td] [td]6-12[/td] [td]30-40[/td] [td]30-40[/td] [td]46-52[/td] [td]14-28[/td] [td]7-5[/td] [td]26-18[/td] [td]539[/td] [td]658[/td] [td]57-83[/td] [td] 9/5 v PIT, L 0-7[/td] [td]9/6 v PIT, LIVE
live.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]88[/td] [td].380[/td] [td]18.0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]L2[/td] [td]12-16[/td] [td]14-23[/td] [td]25-34[/td] [td]3-15[/td] [td]32-39[/td] [td]22-49[/td] [td]38-54[/td] [td]16-34[/td] [td]5-7[/td] [td]15-27[/td] [td]544[/td] [td]661[/td] [td]59-83[/td] [td] 9/6 @ MIL, L 0-1[/td] [td]9/7 @ MIL, 2:05P[/td] [/tr][/table]

Furcal nears return to Dodgers

Shortstop has been sidelined since May 5 with back injury

LOS ANGELES -- Rafael Furcal returned to Dodger Stadium Friday night after rehabbing his strained lower back in Phoenix, and he could be about a week away from coming back to the Dodgers' lineup.
Furcal said he's 80 to 85 percent better, as he can run full speed whereas before he wasn't even jogging. Running has been the biggest issue throughout the shortstop's rehab from an injury that has kept him out since May 5, with Furcal generally feeling OK at the plate.

Dodgers manager Joe Torre said the club likely would be able to start thinking about activating Furcal in a week.

With the Minor League season over, Furcal will have to prepare for his first game action in more than four months in situations simulated by the Dodgers.

"It's to a point he's been away from competition so long I think basically he's going to have to just ease his way into that just being able to trust himself and allow himself to do all the things that he normally does when he plays this game," Torre said. "A couple different times it looked like he was close, and things went bad for him, so I could see where he would be hesitant. I'm not saying he's going to be, but I'm guessing that's something he's going to have to figure out."

Furcal hit .366 with five homers, 16 RBIs and eight stolen bases in the 32 games he played before the injury.

Meanwhile, second baseman Jeff Kent has begun his rehab from knee surgery to repair minor cartilage damage in his left knee by working out in the weight room, but he has yet to begin participating in baseball activities.

Kent will join the Dodgers on their three-city road trip starting Monday in San Diego so he can be under the supervision of Los Angeles' trainers and partake in baseball activities with the team.

Kent said he knew the injury was bad when it happened making a sharp cut to his left Aug. 29 in Arizona on a ball fielded by James Loney. On that play, a torn piece of cartilage Kent had been playing on for a while flipped over on itself, preventing the second baseman from walking.

Now that it's fixed, Kent said he's working on mobility exercises to strengthen the joint so he can return as soon as possible, potentially to a pinch-hitting role.

"I don't know how long it's going to be, but I know we have a few weeks left," Kent said. "If I didn't have a good outlook on what could happen the next few weeks, I'd be doing something else, not here in gym shorts trying to get back."

Third baseman Casey Blake's right biceps were sore on Saturday after getting hit by a pitch on Friday, an injury that affects him throwing the ball. Torre was ready to replace him in the lineup at third with Nomar Garciaparra if his throwing became too big of a hindrance during pregame warmups, but Blake ended up getting the nod.

Closer Takashi Saito (sprained right elbow ligament) will throw a simulated game before Sunday's game, after which the club will know more about his potential return next weekend in Colorado.

Michael Schwartz is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

• Will the Dodgers retain Manny Ramirez? Tough to say. Owner Frank McCourt might not want to spend the dough. Then again, with Manny's jersey going for over $300 at Dodger Stadium -- no, that's not a typo -- he might keep him on as an attraction. If only they weren't so committed to Juan Pierre.
  • It doesn't appear likely Derek Lowe will don Dodger blue next season. He's had a few rough starts this season, but is still pitching to a 3.69 ERA, and his walks are low. He'll get a nice contract somewhere, and won't cost a draft pick.

Haven't been in here at all recently, but great 7 game winning streak....Hopefully we can extend our lead even more tomorrow, and continue to expand ourfirst place lead
pimp.gif

Ironman, what size are those jerseys btw? And, I saw that 20% off jerseys last Monday.. will this remain for the rest of the season or was it just thathomestand?

Hopefully we win Sunday!

you stupid will ferrel mother @%*@%!.

kershaw keeps pitching the hitters, 2-0, 3-1 its about time it catches up to him
mad.gif

Manny needs to hustle to get the ball back into the infield, it's not even a factor that his arm is weak he just slowly gets to the ball out there.

Horrible outing by Kershaw, he's about to get hooked for Troncosco

*edit* got the hook for proctor

Back
Top Bottom