Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

*%@*+$$ *%##.

This game is pretty much a wrap, I hope this isn't foreshadowing things to come on the road trip
smh.gif

The hitters take fault just as much as Maddux. They made Baek look like a Cy Young pitcher, swinging early and often on his pitches. Duke is 0-7 pitching @petco.

As for Maddux, he aint fooling nobody, not even the rookies.

We cannot keep depending on the dbacks to lose, we gotta run off with the division.

Well the boys in blue lost. The streak had to be snapped, hoping it would have gone to 11 games. 2-8 on the last road trip, and our road record is one of theworst in the Majors. Hopefully they take the next two, followed by 2 out of 3 from the Rockies and a split from the Pirates. Setting the bar low I guess, butthat is a 6-4 road trip, I will take that.

It does feel good that the Dbags will lose, pushing them below .500.

A good thing about them losing is that bright nikes will hopefully stop posting all the articles from dodgers.com and latimes.com,
laugh.gif
. I don't know about anyone else, but I read that %%+! anyway, by the timethey are posted here, and I see them as an eyesore. Sorry, BN, don't mean to be a @%#%.

roll.gif

I'm sure someone appreciates the articles, a little news & notes never hurt nobody.

(gets on laptop to find dodger articles) ....

laugh.gif

NEXT GAME 9/9

TV: PRIME-HD | RADIO: KABC 790, KHJ 930

matchup.png

matchup.png

@
PETCO Park
7:05PM PDT

Kuroda (8-10)

LeBlanc (0-1)

Tickets

Probable Pitchers | Full Schedule

[table][tr][td]West[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]E#[/td] [td]L10[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]vs E[/td] [td]vs C[/td] [td]vs W[/td] [td]INT[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]vs R[/td] [td]vs L[/td] [td]XTRA[/td] [td]1-RUN[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]RA[/td] [td]X W-L[/td] [td]LAST GAME[/td] [td]NEXT GAME[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]71[/td] [td].507[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]L1[/td] [td]16-18[/td] [td]20-17[/td] [td]32-26[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]45-30[/td] [td]28-41[/td] [td]49-52[/td] [td]24-19[/td] [td]5-9[/td] [td]17-21[/td] [td]603[/td] [td]581[/td] [td]74-70[/td] [td] 9/8 @ SD, L 0-4[/td] [td]9/9 @ SD, 10:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arizona[/td] [td]71[/td] [td]72[/td] [td].497[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]L4[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]15-17[/td] [td]35-25[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]40-31[/td] [td]31-41[/td] [td]45-54[/td] [td]26-18[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [td]18-18[/td] [td]645[/td] [td]637[/td] [td]72-71[/td] [td] 9/8 @ SF, L 2-6[/td] [td]9/9 @ SF, 10:15P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]77[/td] [td].465[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]L2[/td] [td]15-18[/td] [td]21-18[/td] [td]24-33[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]39-33[/td] [td]28-44[/td] [td]44-60[/td] [td]23-17[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]22-18[/td] [td]668[/td] [td]729[/td] [td]66-78[/td] [td] 9/7 v HOU, L 5-7[/td] [td]9/9 @ ATL, 7:00P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]63[/td] [td]80[/td] [td].441[/td] [td]9.5[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]W3[/td] [td]19-13[/td] [td]11-29[/td] [td]27-26[/td] [td]6-12[/td] [td]33-40[/td] [td]30-40[/td] [td]48-52[/td] [td]15-28[/td] [td]7-5[/td] [td]27-18[/td] [td]563[/td] [td]672[/td] [td]60-83[/td] [td] 9/8 v ARI, W 6-2[/td] [td]9/9 v ARI, 10:15P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]88[/td] [td].389[/td] [td]17.0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]W2[/td] [td]12-16[/td] [td]15-23[/td] [td]26-34[/td] [td]3-15[/td] [td]33-39[/td] [td]23-49[/td] [td]39-54[/td] [td]17-34[/td] [td]5-7[/td] [td]15-27[/td] [td]558[/td] [td]662[/td] [td]61-83[/td] [td] 9/8 v LAD, W 4-0[/td] [td]9/9 v LAD, 10:05P[/td] [/tr][/table]

09/08/2008 10:07 PM ET
Penny ready to be added to bullpen

Right-hander likely to be activated for series at Colorado

SAN DIEGO -- Injured Dodgers pitcher Brad Penny was so impressive in a simulated game Monday that he's likely to be activated for bullpen duty for the weekend series in Colorado.
"Penny was very good today," manager Joe Torre said. "I talked with him about coming out of the bullpen, and the way we're using our bullpen, the more the merrier."

Indeed, with 42-year-old Greg Maddux and 20-year-old Clayton Kershaw in the starting rotation, Torre's bullpen has been called on to bail out the starters after early exits. Kershaw, for example, pitched only four innings Sunday, and Torre went into Monday night's Maddux start with Jonathan Broxton, Hong-Chih Kuo and Chan Ho Park unavailable. Torre said he might use rookie Corey Wade to close, if needed, on Monday.

So, Torre is eagerly awaiting reinforcements in Penny, as well as closer Takashi Saito, who will have a one-inning simulated game Wednesday and also is likely to be activated in Colorado.

Penny threw 40 warmup pitches Monday, followed by 30 pitches to Russell Martin, Juan Pierre and Danny Ardoin. Torre said Penny would have a light bullpen session Wednesday.

"We aren't looking to bring him in in the middle of an inning," Torre said. "It will be mapped out. He was concerned with his warmups and Rick [Honeycutt, pitching coach], I think, he'll have plenty of time to get that accomplished."

Penny said he felt the ball was coming out of his hand easily. Ardoin and Pierre agreed that Penny was throwing effortlessly.

"He had the same life on his fastball he had in '05 and '06 when I hit against him. Much different than when he had the simulated game earlier this year. No comparison," Ardoin said.

"You could see it on his face. He's feeling good," said Pierre, a teammate of Penny's in Florida as well as Los Angeles.

Penny, the club's Opening Day starter, has spent two stints on the disabled list with shoulder tendinitis and bursitis, limiting him to two starts since June 14 and one victory since May 2. He began the season 5-2 with a 3.19 ERA, but followed that with a seven-game losing streak and overall is 6-9 with a 6.05 ERA.

In other medical news, Jeff Kent did not make the trip as originally planned to continue rehabilitation from last Tuesday's left knee surgery. Kent developed a sore calf and doctors felt it was unwise for him to travel so soon after the operation, according to trainer Stan Conte.

Torre, however, said the change in plans did not change the chances of Kent returning this month, at least for pinch-hitting. Torre said Kent might still join the club at some point on this 10-game trip.

Injured shortstop Rafael Furcal came out of his aggressive workout Sunday well enough to return to the field for more drills Monday, leading to the belief that he really is healed from back surgery. However, he still must go through the equivalent of a Spring Training and there is no timetable when he will be game-ready.

09/08/2008 9:24 PM ET

Schmidt to have more shoulder surgery

Right-hander unable to pitch pain-free in rehab assignments

By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com
http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ticketing/index.jsp?c_id=la
SAN DIEGO -- Dodgers pitcher Jason Schmidt, injured all season in a failed attempt to return from last June's career-threatening shoulder surgery, will undergo another operation Wednesday on a different part of the shoulder.

Schmidt, 35, will have an arthroscopic procedure to remove scar tissue and address arthritic change in his acromio-clavicular joint, where the collarbone meets the scapula (shoulder blade). That's the area where Schmidt said he's had the most discomfort in his latest attempt to return.

A common surgical approach for such a condition is to remove the damaged tip of the clavicle, which was not involved in last year's surgery. Dr. Neal ElAttrache, who performed Schmidt's operation last year, will perform this one. The club said Schmidt would be able to resume throwing in six weeks.

In two aborted Minor League rehabilitation assignments, Schmidt reported he was never able to pitch completely pain-free and said over the weekend that his most recent discomfort is centered in the A/C joint area. He said he was committed to having the surgery if that's what's needed for him to return to the mound next year, the final one of his contract.

Schmidt signed a three-year, $47 million deal during the Winter Meetings of 2006 to be the workhorse of the starting rotation, but he reported to his first Dodgers Spring Training and never looked right. He lacked velocity and command in games and even noticed his long-tosses weren't going very long, something he described as "the first tipoff" of trouble. He still insists the aches and pains he experienced last spring were no worse than in previous years.

With much expected from Schmidt as the centerpiece of offseason changes, he made only six regular-season starts, went 1-4 with a 6.31 ERA and underwent exploratory surgery June 20. ElAttrache repaired a labrum tear, a frayed biceps tendon and cleaned up scarring in the bursa sac. The labrum tear was not anticipated and was the most severe of the three injuries, requiring anchors to reattach it to the bone and a lengthy recovery time to ensure it won't detach.

The labrum is cartilage that forms a cup in the ball-and-socket shoulder joint, allowing the head of the upper arm a wide range of motion. The tear, common among pitchers, was at the posterior rim of the shoulder socket. The biceps tendon attaches into the shoulder socket and the bursa decreases friction between the tendon and bone. The combination of damage was believed responsible for Schmidt's dramatic loss of velocity.

Schmidt came to training camp this spring encouraged and the club joined him after a very impressive initial bullpen session, but that triggered a major setback with discomfort down his arm. He worked his way back for a pair of Minor League rehabilitation assignments, pitching in four games from June 28 through July 13, shutting down for six weeks, then making another attempt Aug. 29, before being shut down for the season.

Penny, Furcal & Saito possibly coming back really soon
smokin.gif

Schmidt & Andruw Jones =
sick.gif

(You can ignore these articles ironman)
tongue.gif

So would you just throw furcal in their and start him or let berroa ride out his hot streak til he cools down?

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

So would you just throw furcal in their and start him or let berroa ride out his hot streak til he cools down?

I think it all depends on Raffy, if he believes he's 100% and ready to contribute - I say hell yes. He has A LOT to prove being his contract year. As forBerroa, I'm sure he'd understand.

indifferent.gif

Unbelievable.

And this *!$ continues to be allowed in the dugout, dude shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the stadium.
indifferent.gif

Lineup for tonight's game:

Martin, C

Ethier, RF

Manny, LF

Nomar, 1B

Blake, 3B

Jones, CF

DeWitt, 2B

Berroa,SS

Kuroda, P
I thought Jones was done
nerd.gif
. It was about time Kemp and Loneygot a rest, would have loved to see Ardoin to give Martin a breather.

^Ain't that the truth.

Kuroda ain't a good look on the road (2- 8 )
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
& he continues his streak

I will admit LeBlanc has a nice breaking ball, and our hitters are being fooled silly.

But, Andruw Jones picks up where he left off
laugh.gif

I'm surprised we're only down 1 run, Kuroda has given up leadoff singles in almost every inning.

Our team on the road looks like the team who lost 8gms in a row a couple weeks back.

Here we *$#%+$# GO, lets get something started god damnit!

This game is being handed to us by the Padres, take this %!*% noww!

Back
Top Bottom