Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

This is a good video, it pertains to the Dodgers only so I won't post it in the NLCS thread.� Dodger fans enjoy.

As far as season tickets go, if you are in a budget, your best bet is Top Deck seats.� They are cheap, and you can call yourself a Dodger season ticketholder.� I didn't find out how reasonably priced they were until I started working for the team.� Wait until they have their Select A Seat event inJanuary, to select a good seat.� However, to get World Series priority, you will have to put a deposit down now and choose your seat in January.

I believe the deposit has to be $250, so if you plan on getting top deck seats the majority is already paid for.� Hope it makes sense.

^^i think the deposit now says $1000
ironman you have any numbers/people in the season ticket office that'll give good knowledge without trying tobull !@@@? im thinking bout gettin that seasonticket plan now

I remember when I had season tickets in 2004, 2005. Left field Pavilion Row A, I wish I had those seats. I paid like 550 per seat.
I rather have the .500 hitter plan, half the price but you keep all the perks. I had those in 2006, row c aisle. But got ticked off that they sold my seats in2007 without giving a chance to renew. I was pissed, and vowed not go back. I haven't gone back, only for home openers, some Friday games, important games,giveaways.
embarassed.gif

With the 41 game plan, what perks are included?
How many additional playoff/opening day tickets can you buy?
I'm kinda considering it for that reason. I hate worrying about gettin opening day/playoff tix or being forced to pay scalper prices for them

With the 41 game plan, what perks are included?
Same as a season ticket holder. They give you the 41 games, you don't get to choose them. When I had them in 2006, they had a lot of give awaynights, and Friday games. In 2007, they didn't include a lot of Friday games.
How many additional playoff/opening day tickets can you buy?

From I remember it was 8 per account, but this past year or 2007 they changed it to 4. The same for Opening day, and Playoffs.

i wantmy seats guaranteed and thats it
You have the same seats for all 41 games, and playoffs. Plus you get to purchase additional seats.

It's worth getting the package because you can get extra opening day tickets, and make a killing. Therefor lowering your price down.
In 2004 because of playoffs (2 games), opening day. I ended getting my season tickets for free, and playoff tickets free.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Can we get a rollcall for Sunday?

Anybody going to 3 and 4?

I'll be in RF for both.

Also, does ANYBODY know if I have to go to a ticketmaster office to get my money back into my account for my unused game4 tickets or do they automatically put it in the account?

Can't make it to any of the NLCS...

But if we make it to the show I will be there....

^^^ yea that's one of the main perks. I remember in 04 you could buy up to 8 extra tix for playoffs but I'm sure they caught on. Now I think seasonticket holders get 4....that's why I was wondering if the 41 game plan gave you 2 or 4 additional tix.
Hey amaru...those who already have season seats this year, are they allowed additional world series tickets or do they only get their season seat?

Damn it'll be the day when I can afford season tix
smh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Kuo may replace Saito on NLCS roster[/h1] [h2]With lefty reliever returning, struggling closer could be bumped[/h2]

PHILADELPHIA -- Closer Takashi Saito could be bumped off the Dodgers National League Championship Series roster to make room for returning left-handed reliever Hong-Chih Kuo.
Saito's status was put in serious doubt when he struggled with his mechanics during a one-inning simulated game Monday. While the Dodgers were taking batting practice Wednesday at Citizens Bank Park in preparation for Thursday night's Game 1, Saito went through a shadow bullpen session with pitching coach Rick Honeycutt, working on his motion without throwing the ball.

After the Dodgers completed that workout, Saito was called into a meeting with Honeycutt, manager Joe Torre and general manager Ned Colletti. After that, while the Phillies were working out, Saito went back to the bullpen with Torre and Honeycutt. Working from the stretch, he threw a 30-pitch bullpen session. How effective Saito would be Thursday, one day after making 30 pitches with the brass watching, is another part of the equation.

The Dodgers must submit their roster by 10 a.m. ET on Thursday, and Torre said officials would continue talking before making a decision.

Saito, 38, missed two months this season with a partially torn elbow ligament and rehabilitated the injury without surgery. He returned to make six regular-season appearances (allowing three earned runs in 5 2/3 innings) and was ineffective in his only National League Division Series appearance, allowing sharp base hits to each of the three Cubs batters he faced in Game 2.

"He sort of got out of whack mechanically and he's trying to get back to where he was," said Torre. "He's trying to get comfortable again with what Rick has been talking to him about, to get the same delivery.

"The most important thing is for him to go out and be able to know what to expect. Right now, he's thinking about mechanics, and to do that takes the attention away from what he's out there to do. Physically, there's no issue."

But there is an issue whether Saito is comfortable with his balance and delivery, as well as whether the staff is comfortable using him. Before the bullpen session, Torre backed off earlier comments that Saito would be his closer. In Saturday's NLDS clincher, Broxton and his 100-mph fastball recorded the final four outs for the save, three on strikeouts.

"The way Broxton pitched the other day, he certainly embraced that opportunity," Torre said. "Sammy is forcing it a bit. I don't think there's anything physically wrong. It's like he's overthrowing right now. He's going to have to feel good about himself. For a pitcher to come into a situation, you have to be comfortable with what you're doing."

Saito conceded that his mechanics have been inconsistent. "I would never say I'm off the roster -- that's for them to decide," said Saito. "If what I have is not enough, they will give me time to work on mechanics and be ready for the World Series."

New rosters are submitted before the start of each series. Moves can be made during a series for an injured player, but any player removed from a postseason roster during that series becomes ineligible for the next postseason series.

Meanwhile, Kuo seems to have progressed enough to be activated, even though he has pitched only one inning of game action in the last month. Torre said Kuo came out of a bullpen session Sunday and simulated game Tuesday no longer bothered by discomfort in his triceps.

"Right now, it appears we'll add him to the roster," Torre said. "We all felt that if he felt good, he'd give us a valuable piece. Is he perfect? Probably not. The doctors feel it's safe to send him out there."

Kuo, who has had four operations on his elbow and who missed the NL Division Series with the Cubs, could be critical to the Dodgers' chances in this series. He was lights-out in three appearances against the Phillies this year, allowing one hit over five scoreless innings and notching his lone save of the season.

The Dodgers never used or needed a left-hander against the Cubs, but Kuo would be a key element in club tactics for this series, because the Phillies have lethal left-handed hitters in their lineup like Ryan Howard and Chase Utley.

Torre said he planned to stick with 11 pitchers and did not anticipate making any changes to the position players he had for the NLDS.

"I don't see any reason to do anything different," he said.

If Saito remains active, Kuo would probably take the spot of rookie James McDonald.

Torre will, however, juggle his batting order against Philadelphia's left-handed starting pitchers, beginning with Cole Hamels in Game 1. Russell Martin and Andre Ethier, who batted second and fourth respectively against the Cubs, will switch places. Blake DeWitt and Casey Blake, who batted seventh and eighth respectively against the Cubs, also will switch spots against left-handers.

Torre said Derek Lowe, Chad Billingsley and Hiroki Kuroda will start Games 1, 2 and 3. The Dodgers are prepared to start Lowe on three days' rest in Game 4, but Torre said Greg Maddux and Clayton Kershaw also are candidates. Maddux would seem the least likely, according to Torre, because of the flexibility and resiliency he showed pitching out of the bullpen against the Cubs.
The remainder of the pitching staff will be Broxton, Cory Wade, Joe Beimel, Chan Ho Park, Kuo and either Saito or McDonald.

It might be a gamble having Kuo out there as much as Saito. Anyone think we'll roll with the same lineup? The lineup that's got is to this point? MaybeJeff Kent for Blake DeWitt because of a lefty?

I believe it was Randy Wolf who made that last year,
Brett Tomko
sick.gif

Good read:

[table][tr][td] [h1]orry, Angels -- L.A. is, and always will be, the Dodgers' town[/h1] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Sue: Hey man, you're not from here, alright. You don't know how it is. I grew up in L.A.

Trent: Anaheim.

Sue: Whatever, man.

--Swingers

LOS ANGELES -- "Whatever, man." That's usually what comes to mind when most in Los Angeles think of Anaheim. As in, "Did you hear the Angels are playing the Red Sox in the ALDS?"

"Whatever, man. The Dodgers are in the playoffs."

Hard as it might have been to believe at almost any point during the season, it is the 84-win Dodgers and not the 100-win Angels who are still in the playoffs. The Angels were eliminated from the postseason on Monday night by the Red Sox but you'll have to forgive the good people of Los Angeles if they gave a big, fat, "Whatever, man" after the game. While there were some in Southern California who dreamed of a possible Freeway Series between the Dodgers and Angels, most Dodgers fans couldn't have cared less what their haloed rivals down south did. In fact, the sheer drama of watching Manny Ramirez and the Dodgers take on the Red Sox in the Fall Classic remains the dream scenario for most in Hollywood.

Even USC football coach Pete Carroll could hardly contain himself when thinking about a Los Angeles-Boston World Series matchup. "Can you imagine if it comes out to be the Dodgers and the Red Sox?" said Carroll. "Are we waiting for that or what? Manny will go freakin' crazy."

The Angels' name may come from Los Angeles, the team's original home from 1961 to '65, but they've always been second-class citizens to the Dodgers. It began when they shared Dodger Stadium, famously referring to the blue and white ballpark as "Chavez Ravine," to the moment they packed their bags and moved 30 miles south to Anaheim, a Mickey Mouse town in more ways than one, filled with tourists and conventioneers.

While the Angels, managed by former Dodgers catcher Mike Scioscia, have been far and away the more successful team this decade -- winning one World Series and four AL West titles while the Dodgers had won just a single postseason game until this year -- their success has hardly registered a blip in L.A. Even the Anaheim Ducks, who have won a Stanley Cup and advanced to at least the conference finals in three of the past five seasons, have a hard time getting anyone outside of Orange County to notice them, despite the Kings missing the playoffs over that same time. The fact is, Anaheim is not Los Angeles, as much as the owners of those teams want it to be. After all, wouldn't you rather own a team in the second-largest city in the U.S., rather than the 10th-largest in the state of California?

Angels owner Arte Moreno went so far as to rename the Anaheim Angels the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in 2005 in order to attract some more attention from media and advertisers, but the only thing he's done is upset the local fan base, which views Los Angeles and its fans with the same disdain as San Francisco and the Giants. Moreno, however, understands that in the minds of Angelenos anything more than an hour drive outside of Los Angeles might as well be San Diego or San Francisco. It was one of the main reasons why thrifty Clippers owner Donald Sterling turned down an opportunity to move to Anaheim about 15 years ago, even though it would have meant sold out crowds at a brand new arena instead of empty seats at the decrepit Los Angeles Sports Arena. How does that old saying go? Location, location, location.

On Monday, a few hours before the Angels were to face the Red Sox in Game 4 of the ALCS, the Los Angeles Times popular and controversial columnist T.J. Simers was in the Dodgers clubhouse talking to Manny Ramirez. Not only was Simers or fellow columnist Bill Plaschke not at Fenway Park for the Angels game, but neither had covered the first two games of the ALDS in Anaheim. They were in Chicago with the Dodgers as the Times blew out coverage of the Dodgers in the NLDS, nearly pushing the Angels off the front page of the sports section on Thursday after both played their respective first games.

"Are you telling me that we actually put the Angels out front?" asked Simers. "It must have been a mistake. What's happening? One of our editors maybe moved to Orange County. It's a Dodger town. I'm sorry. That's just the way it is. The Lakers will be out front in some cases and they're not even playing regular-season games yet. Hats off to the Angels, but they're just not L.A.'s team."

He's right, they're not. The Angels may have experienced some success in recent years, but prior to 2002 they had only been to the post-season three times. The Dodgers, meanwhile, have made it to 15 postseasons and won five World Series titles during their 50 years in Los Angeles.

"You have to remember people in this town grew up passing the Dodgers from one generation to the next," said Simers. "This is L.A., this is not Orange County. This is about folks who grew supporting one team as a kid and they are loyal to the Dodgers. The Angels are something that happens down south. No one is upset about the Angels. They're just the Angels. No one thinks about them."

The apathy toward the Angels spread into the Dodgers clubhouse, as many players admitted they hadn't been following the Angels and didn't really care how far they got in the postseason. "We're not really worried about the Angels, we never have been," said Matt Kemp. "They're the Los Angeles Angels, but we're the Los Angeles Dodgers. We've always had the support of the city and the best fans in baseball, and now we just want to win them a World Series."

Tommy Lasorda, swinging a bat in the dugout as the Dodgers worked out on Monday, simply laughed when asked for an explanation of why the Angels have never been able to crack the Los Angeles market despite their recent success.

"The only Angels are up in heaven," said Lasorda. "And they're all ex-Dodgers."

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]

those who already have season seats this year, are they allowed additional world series tickets or do they only get their season seat?
Yeah, my guess would be 2 per account.
Any news on roster cuts/moves?

The roster was due at 7:00 am pacific time today.

I hope we keep Saito. Just in case the game is blow out, he needs to get work in.

Dodgers announce NLCS roster

PHILADELPHIA -- The Los Angeles Dodgers today announced their 25-man roster for the 2008 National League Championship Series, which begins tonight with Game 1 at Citizens Bank Park. First pitch is scheduled for 8:22 p.m. ET/5:22 p.m. PT.
The Dodgers will carry 11 pitchers and 14 position players. The roster is as follows:

Pitchers (11)
LHP Joe Beimel
RHP Chad Billingsley
RHP Jonathan Broxton
LHP Clayton Kershaw
LHP Hong-Chih Kuo
RHP Hiroki Kuroda
RHP Derek Lowe
RHP Greg Maddux
RHP James McDonald
RHP Chan Ho Park
RHP Cory Wade

Position Players (14)
C Danny Ardoin
IF Angel Berroa
IF Casey Blake
IF Blake DeWitt
OF Andre Ethier
IF Rafael Furcal
IF Nomar Garciaparra
OF Matt Kemp
IF Jeff Kent
IF James Loney
C Russell Martin
IF Pablo Ozuna
OF Juan Pierre
OF Manny Ramirez

Hope Broxton doesn't blow it in crunch time cuz a lot of phillie players can take the 100 mph ball into the stands

WORLD SERIES PRE-SALE INFO IS UP:
[table][tr][td]
Season Ticket Account Holder Pre-Onsale*

Pre-Onsale:
Monday, October 13
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. [/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]
Mini Plan Holder
Pre-Onsale**

Pre-Onsale:
Tuesday, October 14
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. [/td] [td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]
2009 Non-Refundable
Season Ticket Deposit
Pre-Onsale***

Pre-Onsale:
Monday, October 20
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]Nothing yet on public sale. Game 3 would be on the 25th.
So that would mean that the public release would be on the 26th. Unless they do a lottery, which I hate.
mad.gif

^^yea I got that email today. My brother has a package to hopefully he can lock a couple tix, but I would think everybody and their momma is gonna be trying toget tix. But they are kinda pricey, so I don't know. Pavillion is gonna be like $165 after fees I think

pimp.gif
Less than one hr from first pitch. Whoever wins this game has anadvantage for the rest of the series IMO, so we gotta come out and set the tone. LETS GET IT DODGERS!
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom