*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

Flash forward of today's episode seemed to be before last episodes flash forward.

Jack speaking of growing a beard.

4x01_cabin4.jpg

White shoes!
eek.gif
That's a deliberate clue.

Kobe Fan, I agree that this flashforward occurred before Jack's flashforward. Jack didn't want to return to the island at first, but somethingmust've happened to make him want to go back so badly. These flashforwards are very strange.... I don't think Oceanic Air really knows about theisland. They are just trying to get good PR but Dharma or whoever else know what happened and are still getting themselves involved.

As for the island events, I thought it was Locke who popped up in Jacob's house. But I need to watch it again.... I need to watch the entire episode again.I'm still in a bit of a Lost slumber.

Damon and Carlton had confirmed a long time ago that Christian is dead.

So I'm gonna go out on a limb (I'm sure this has been theorized before) and say that people who die on Lost can exist on the same plane as the living,Or cross back and forth between the two planes.

That's why certain characters see super-realistic hallucinations of characters who've died where they can actually physically interact with them...Cuzthey're really there. That's why we hear the voices...That's how Charlie appeared before Hurley, Walt etc.

I bet that's a HUGE part of the story down the line...I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Sixth Sense type twist where one of the characters who wethought was living has actually been dead for the entire show.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

So I'm gonna go out on a limb (I'm sure this has been theorized before) and say that people who die on Lost can exist on the same plane as the living, Or cross back and forth between the two planes.

That's why certain characters see super-realistic hallucinations of characters who've died where they can actually physically interact with them...Cuz they're really there. That's why we hear the voices...That's how Charlie appeared before Hurley, Walt etc.

I bet that's a HUGE part of the story down the line...I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Sixth Sense type twist where one of the characters who we thought was living has actually been dead for the entire show.

There's going to be a lot of people who disagree with you, but I think you're right. It'll have a twist to it though; it won't be asstraightforward as seeing dead people as in Sixth Sense. But there's definitely something about immortality and some ambiguity between life and death goingon in the island.

Somebody tell me why Hurley said that he should have gone with Jack. Then a moment later he said they made a mistake and had to go back.

Of course more questions than answers, But thats just LOST. I loved it. I copyed and pasted from the Oceanic Site the Important announcement
and this is what showed up...
[table][tr][td]Important Announcement
ALL FLIGHTS CANCELLED

[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]
We regret to announce that Oceanic Airlines has ceased all operations effective immediately.

Michael Orteig, President of Oceanic Airlines, released this statement: "After 25 years of service, we are forced to close our doors. Due to financial difficulties in the wake of the Flight 815 tragedy, we are no longer able to sustain service. We are deeply sorry that we can no longer serve our loyal customers, and apologize for any inconvenience our decision will cause."

Passengers of Oceanic Airlines are encouraged to contact their travel agent or one of Oceanic's airline partners to make alternate travel arrangements.

[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table]
navi_top_shadow.jpg

[table][tr][td]

If anyone should find this message, please get word I'm alive and stranded on an island somewhere in the South Pacific. Please send help soon. Things are bad. And they're getting worse...

Sally

[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]

I survived a horrific plane crash and am stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to my parents.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Yea i have a few questions.

Maybe Hurley states that he should have gone with Jack becuase some people died. Maybe he felt like he could have helped?

Also, what is Jack all worried about Hurley telling?

Episode was ok, a little slow, but next week should be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

So I'm gonna go out on a limb (I'm sure this has been theorized before) and say that people who die on Lost can exist on the same plane as the living, Or cross back and forth between the two planes.

That's why certain characters see super-realistic hallucinations of characters who've died where they can actually physically interact with them...Cuz they're really there. That's why we hear the voices...That's how Charlie appeared before Hurley, Walt etc.

I bet that's a HUGE part of the story down the line...I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Sixth Sense type twist where one of the characters who we thought was living has actually been dead for the entire show.

There's going to be a lot of people who disagree with you, but I think you're right. It'll have a twist to it though; it won't be as straightforward as seeing dead people as in Sixth Sense. But there's definitely something about immortality and some ambiguity between life and death going on in the island.
My guess would have to be Locke
grin.gif
. Yall seen how many times heshould have been dead. Remember Jack?
laugh.gif

Maybe the "oceanic 6" go "crazy" one by one. We know jack was telling kate they have to go back just like hurley was tellin jack. So maybewhoever is appearing to them ( different for everybody) is showing up saying they need you. For Hurley maybe charlie shows up because they had the bestrelationship.. For jack maybe ben is showing up.

And yea some people def got left on the island but if hurley got off the island going wit locke and jack got off the island what would be the significance ofhurley going wit jack?

this show is so
pimp.gif

Great episode! I think the conflict struggle between the two groups of Losties will be very interesting. SMH @ Jack not listening....sometimes you have to letothers lead...you can't always be the hero and I think he will learn that.

Neither Desmond nor Hurley mentioned what Charlie wrote on his hand while he was drowning. Hurley said that the boat people weren't who they said theywere, but the whole time I was thinking, "Damn it Desmond, tell jack what Charlie wrote on his hand.....fool."

Here's an excerpt from the EW interview Matt Fox did. This is in regards to the Oceanic s6x

..::What is Jack referring to when he says to Kate: ''I'm sick of lying. We made a mistake''?::..

"Jack and the other people, upon getting back to the world, are not being honest with the world. They are covering up [something]. That's an agreementthat they've all reached. And it's a weird, gross little bond that they have with each other. They don't see each other much, but when they seeeach other, it's incredibly awkward. And this lie - you can cut it with a knife amongst them."- Mathew Fox

............................::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...............................

Here's a seating chart.

Oceanic-air.com_seating_chart_02.png

and here's the manifest

Manifest.jpg

depressing thing about this all is...there's only 7 measly episodes left before we all fall back into withdrawl.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Somebody tell me why Hurley said that he should have gone with Jack. Then a moment later he said they made a mistake and had to go back.

My guess is that this won't be answered until the end of this season or possibly the end of the show.

so according to the manifest the numbers correlate in the following way:
4 - first class. no seat listed on manifest.
8 - business class. no seat listed on manifest.
15 - Sawyer.
16 - Sayid.
23 - Jack. The Michael Jordan of the island.
42 - Anna Lucia. Weird that she is included in part of this numbers list.

Damn some of you are asking questions like the writers of LOST post on here.

Back
Top Bottom