*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

Originally Posted by aRog27

What are your comments in regard to NYC ??

So I watched the season 2 finale again tonight, and i wanted to revisit some things that are still irking me.

1. The 4 toed statue still eats away at my soul. We're still not sure if it was in the episode just to play with our minds, or if there is a real significance. Like Sayid cleverly pointed out, I'm not sure what's scarier..the fact that everything but the left leg is missing, or that the foot only has 4 toes ???

bigfoot4toes.JPG

2. The weird hieroglyphics on the timer in the hatch right before all hell breaks loose. Freaky indeed.

glyphs.jpg

3. On their trek to get Walt back for Michael, a big green bird says "Hurley,"..or so i thought. Hurley thought so too. Sawyer didn't agree.

LiveBird.jpg

4. The village Michael takes Hurley, jack, kate, and Sawyer too appears to be fake....or was it abandoned. Why build a set of doors though, if they just cover up a rock wall ??

5. The smoke monster ?? 'nuf said

Monster_sonic_barrier.jpg

I cannot wait for Thursday....and i really hope the first hour isn't that re-cap crap. I'd like an hour and 40 minutes of new material......it probably will start with the recap though...OK, i'm done
tongue.gif

I'll answer the questions for you...

1. The island works a freaky way in TIME...thats all i can say.
2. I'll Decipher it for you guys: She/Rises to the sky/in Flames//He/Dies.......Also it means "Underworld"
3. Hurley is HUGE character (pun not intended) in this show. A lot of important events happen when he is around.
4. Very good question! It will be answer season 4. I will include that into a spoiler later on this season.
5. A lot of the people I've spoken to about what they think this "monster" is? Have made very close guesses. Think of it as a "securitydevice" for the island.

Cant wait. It's been so many months, finally. ABC showed the rerun of the season 3 finale tonight, such a great ending.

remember Nikki. she was so hot.
pimp.gif

250px-Nikki.jpg

I know it's been discussed before, specially at the end of Season 3 but can someone just clarify this for me.

When Patchy showed Charlie the grenade, while he was calling for Desmond when Penny was on the screen, why didn't he simply get out of the small room? Iknow I read that the door could only be closed from the inside... but in my understanding why did he have to close the door? Both him and Desmond could haveeasily swam to the top of the ocean before the whole base sank, plus he had already cleared the signal blocking. I mean, the didn't have further use forThe Looking Glass either way right?

So, was it more because already knew he would die either way, that he wanted to go out like that?

BTW, nyc... just saw the Locke commercial and they show the same image as the video you posted. IMO it looks like NYC's skyline....Crazy.

"WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!!!"

i'm itching to know whose funeral jack wants to go to. i think its either ben or michael.

I couldn't really make out the reflection either.....and as tempted as I am to read NYC's spoilers....I'm gonna stand pat and avoid them.

Let's make sure that any talks about definite spoilers are covered up for those who don't want to read.

I also re-watched the finale again, and I agree with justhotkicks.....Charlie locked himself in because he felt he HAD to in order for Claire's andeveryone else's sake. However...Desmond didn't know that the Naomi's freighter is full of bad guys. Which means Ben was right, which means Charliemaybe could've saved himself after all. Or....maybe he did and will make his way back to the show. He's been seen in the previews, but we're notsure if its a flash back or flash forward.

And if Penny doesn't know of Naomi or her ship, how did Naomi get that picture of Desmond and Penelope in the first place? I was thinking maybe Penny'sdad sent them, but he just wanted Des to stay away from his daughter.....and for all intensive purposes Des has already been gone for years. So that eliminatesPenny's dad.....i think. .....i don't know. All we know is that Ben said that the people on the boat had been looking for the island, and by golly,they've found it.

I'm still thinking that the flash forwards aren't written in stone. I don't believe that the future of the survivors has been pre-determined. IfNaomi's freighter had been good, then yes, the Losties would've gotten off the island. Which would've lead to Jack breaking the hell down. But, theboat is bad and is still a mystery. Anything can happen with this show.

and thanks for addressing my questions NYC...wasn't expecting it, but it was nice of you

gonna be a hell of a night

About the skyline.... There was this huge theory about how the island is in Manhattan following some global catastrophe. I forget the details but I wonder ifsome of the observations made in that theory will turn out to be true.
nerd.gif

I haven't watched an episode of Lost since the summer.... I can't wait though. I skimmed a couple of spoilers from nycknicks but it seems likeit'll be better if I just wait to watch the show. But chances are that I will cave in and read them before the episode airs.

interesting....

53636751320080127233958.jpg

I have NEVER seen ONE MINUTE of Lost.

I think i'm going to try and get caught in the hype 4 years later. I guess i'll start with the DVDs and catch up asap and just DVR the new episodes.I've heard nothing but good things about this show for so long so i'm gonna go ahead and give in.
laugh.gif

^that theory really does not even begin to make sense. but then again...And it was a nice touch playing that pop up video version of the season 3 finale.

Damn I'm hyped for lost ... they really turned the series around ... I remember being bored as F and almost giving up on the show watching the terriblefirst half of season 3.

On another note, Lost have the worst make up ppl, all the fake facial hair/wigs etc are so terribly down, I laugh every time i see a younger locke etc ...

Can't wait for tonight.
pimp.gif

I've seen every minute of every episode since it first aired; never had to go back and catch up on a season or even an episode. I freaking love this show.

HOWEVER... I often think I'm the only one watching it on a very surface level.
laugh.gif
Idon't get all deep, trying to figure out this and that; I just... watch.
nerd.gif

I really admire those of you that analyze all these different possibilities, but that ain't me... at all. I just watch, read some of the analysis I seeonline, and watch some more.
happy.gif

Anyone else like this?

Can't wait for tonight.
pimp.gif

I've seen every minute of every episode since it first aired; never had to go back and catch up on a season or even an episode. I freaking love this show.

laugh.gif
I don't get all deep, trying to figure out this and that; I just... watch.
nerd.gif

I really admire those of you that analyze all these different possibilities, but that ain't me... at all. I just watch, read some of the analysis I see online, and watch some more.
happy.gif

Anyone else like this?
I'm exactly like this also. I just watch the show and enjoy it, and i try not to get caught up in all of the theories and spoilers. Best showon television
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eddiee21

Cant wait. It's been so many months, finally. ABC showed the rerun of the season 3 finale tonight, such a great ending.

remember Nikki. she was so hot.
pimp.gif

250px-Nikki.jpg
yes, i do remember the worst character ever in lost.

Hi. Nice to see you guys again.
laugh.gif

Hey so did the rerun of the finale last night help anyone out? I caught a little bit of it, and they kept running these facts about the show at the bottom ofthe screen all night long. It was pretty cool... I caught one fact i hadn't known before... Bernards last name is the same last name of some surgeon thatnow works in the present day hospital jack worked in... didn't know that.

Anyway, can't wait for tonight.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I have NEVER seen ONE MINUTE of Lost.

I think i'm going to try and get caught in the hype 4 years later. I guess i'll start with the DVDs and catch up asap and just DVR the new episodes. I've heard nothing but good things about this show for so long so i'm gonna go ahead and give in.
laugh.gif

You definitely getting '08 off on the right foot.

Lost is
pimp.gif

Wise choice, my dude.
I've refrained myself from reading the spoilers, but I'm amped.

Here here to jam packed, jaw dropping, more answering episodes this season.
pimp.gif

This thread's back where it belongs: top of page 1.
pimp.gif

So the recap starts at 8 EST and the new episode starts at 9 EST???????????

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Can't wait for tonight.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I really admire those of you that analyze all these different possibilities, but that ain't me... at all. I just watch, read some of the analysis I see online, and watch some more.
happy.gif

Anyone else like this?
I'm in the same boat with you.
laugh.gif

I'm usually
eek.gif
pimp.gif
after rechecking back on this thread after episodes.

Some of the things you guys pick up on..
pimp.gif

me:
Can't wait for tonight.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

happy.gif

Anyone else like this?
franchise3:
I'm in the same boat with you.
laugh.gif

I'm usually
eek.gif
pimp.gif
after rechecking back on this thread after episodes.

Some of the things you guys pick up on..
pimp.gif

Seriously!!
laugh.gif
I check back in here and see all this stuffconnecting dots I would have never, EVER connected. I just read what you guys say and think to myself, "Yeah, I'm clearly not on you guys' level.I'm barely like, 'Oh snap! Hurley's winning lottery numbers are the same numbers on the hatch!'
embarassed.gif
"

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom