**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

Originally Posted by lexuslaf

Wait.

So the album has "been done" for 2 years according to Lupe.

So is this 2 years old?
I'm confused.
obviously not, hence the reason why the label liked this single and decided to give him a release date.

and "it sounds like t pain or some +#@!"??? t-pain is a GREAT songwriter his hooks and melodies are on point.

its a radio record obviously, but Lupe still didnt compromise the content of the song and KaneBeatz did his thing.

when he says the album has been done i think he means the songs that he wants on there... all of the singles will probably be newer songs that are added...

i keep thinkin of modest mouse when i listen to this song. was it sampled off of float on? anyways, the song is still pretty good, but smh its pretty clear that atlantic force lu to drop a single for the radio.

im trying to think of something worse than this single from Lupe

then i hear the hook again

and give up. awful

why just why, sounds like some T pain @%#% or something

he can keep it
indifferent.gif
Dog shut up...T Pain's writing>...nobody wants to hear that lyrical cannibal rap on the radio as a single...I dont get how some of youthink...Its good none of you are actually in the industry because youwould have the label absolutely BROKE...a radio single is exactly whatits made for the radio...its for the masses and quite the contrary tothe ones who think its easy to make a radio hit...wrong...anyone canmake that lyrical crap where the song goes nowhere but hits...hits areonly achieved by a few
obviously not, hence the reason why the label liked this single and decided to give him a release date.

and "it sounds like t pain or some +#@!"??? t-pain is a GREAT songwriter his hooks and melodies are on point.

its a radio record obviously, but Lupe still didnt compromise the content of the song and KaneBeatz did his thing.
Thread...put it perfectly...goodnight

Originally Posted by DatBoi23

I actually like this song, it's positive and the beat is cool. Ya'll acting like he didn't stay true to himself, listen to the content of the song you idiots.

Do you listen to music or do you skim through it?

only heard the song once, randomly drivin home and it was nice off first listen.  

Lupe definitely had "Float On" in mind when he made that hook 
smokin.gif

I like the song.

I like this track! Radio friendly hook but actually has substance/good lyrical content. Not great but a solid song no doubt.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

i keep thinkin of modest mouse when i listen to this song. was it sampled off of float on? anyways, the song is still pretty good, but smh its pretty clear that atlantic force lu to drop a single for the radio.
yessir Kane flipped that modest mouse sample somethin NICE.

Word to me, If i didn't know Lupe was rapping before I listened to it I would've thought it was Wiz rapping. He rapped & sounded just like that dude

Song is a instand play on my iPod though, Lupe is that dude
pimp.gif

Now this is the Lu I know. Homey got off on this. I had to pause once I saw this joint was 6 minutes.

Beat + Lyrics =
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom