**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

so Lupe himself says he hates the album, plus all the early leaked reviews saying the album sucks....maybe Atlantic will drop him when the album doesn't sell now.

this Break the Chain song sounds so terrible.

frown.gif

They even ruined Beautiful Lasers.....

I said I'd buy this album no matter what to support Lupe, but I might not now to say F you atlantic.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I'm so pissed right now.

Like literally pissed.

The best way to describe it is a mix between radio songs, techno, and high school musical.

FFFFFFFUUUUUU Atlantic.

Screw creative control.
Co-sign 100% I feel the same way.  This album is not good at all.  The overall sound is just forced as if someone told Lupe to make every song sound like everything on the radio.  Horrible chorus work on many songs.  As someone said earlier there really is no stand out song and All Black Everything is easily the best song on the album. 

The only other songs I would give another spin off this album are Til I Get There, Words I Never Said, Never Forget You, and Beautiful Lasers.  All those songs are decent at best....nothing special.  I never go into albums with expectations and dont put too much stock into the singles I hear but I am disappointed with this effort from Lupe.  I hope he produced this album with a larger goal in mind like to get released off Atlantic.  If Atlantic wanted a pop album they surely got it but it did not translate into good music at all.

hopefully hell get dropped for this garbage and he had this planned so he can get back to his normal self at another label that see's his vision. 

Not a fan, played it twice. Only liked 1-2 and 8-11, won't be buying this shhh. I'll just play Food & Liquor and pretend that's his only album to date

Originally Posted by presequel

so Lupe himself says he hates the album, plus all the early leaked reviews saying the album sucks....maybe Atlantic will drop him when the album doesn't sell now.

Just curious but when and were did Lupe say he hated the album? Interesting.

4+ years of waiting and.......what the hell is this !*!+ 

this sounds like some will.i.am x b.o.b. overproduced pop with corny hooks mashed up with lupe's "conscious" rap albeit amazing flow resulting in an almost laughable, paradoxical, and pretty much absurd album. 

Only tracks that stand out are Letting Go with Sarah Green and All Black Everything. Songs like words i never said are completely ruined b/c of the rhianna-esque hook not to mention the horrendous State Run Radio chorus
sick.gif
, which my ears are still recovering from. Gemstones and Mathew Santos are truly missed. 
ohwell.gif
While Lupe's talent and potential are palpable in a manner similar to Eminem, but this is Lupe's "Recovery." IMO this is why I dont understand people that say "support your fav artist." This is exactly what happens when they get fan and media support and increased sales, the record company takes the reigns of creative control.

Oh and Trey Songz 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Atlantic deserves a 
indifferent.gif

Its gonna be so tough holding off on this until 3.8
ohwell.gif

Based off these reviews though you can't blame Lupe for it sounding mainstream... It was pretty much expected the way Atlantic has been treating Lasers.

Im not going to compare this to F&L & The Cool though... Thats one way to ruin an album... I'll look to take it for what it is.

Still can't wait until 3.8 though.
smokin.gif

At least Recovery didn't have terrible production, you can say what you want about Recovery but most of it was good. Just different subject matter then what Em usually does.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Read here for more clarification on what he actually meant by "hate"

http://www.complex.com/mu...lupe-fiasco-hates-lasers

http://www.complex.com/mu...iasco-hates-lasers 
tired.gif

I had a feeling TheShow Goes On, was given to him when I hear it the first time

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

http://www.complex.com/mu...iasco-hates-lasers 
tired.gif

I had a feeling TheShow Goes On, was given to him when I hear it the first time
Thanks man that was a good read. SMH at Atlantic controlling the album.  From reading his words and listening to this album you can tell he was so uninspired.

I do like the intro a lot. The verses on State Run Radio are good, the chorus is just so whack. The last verse tho is great on it.

I wish the acapellas would drop. Hes still spitting, the hooks/choruses are meh but its just the beats are mostly ridiculous. I see we still usings saws
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by nocomment6

I'm going to wait, just over a weak.....I can do it, i can do it...
happy.gif

got that right.
this is terrible coming from Lu.. if it were BoB or Nelly or somebody corny maybe it'd be a solid album.. but its not
tired.gif

Ya'll are buggin.....
this album is
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Yeah there are 3 songs that just sound out of place, but they don't even hold a candle to the great ones

Back
Top Bottom