**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

atlantic must of said %^&% no to the album he turned in... smh

tired.gif
Just pisses me off because he said its done.

Atlantic...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

seen him tweet last night that he is "going back in the lab soon"....atlantic must of said %^&% no to the album he turned in... smh
You cant be serious
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

so he played 5 or 6 new songs at the SD show...

I'm Beamin'
Shining Out
State Crime Radio
Beautiful Lasers

and two more...one of them was SUPER rock, damn near hardcore, and the other was DOOOPE, definitely something that can catch mainstream...

He introduced Beautiful Lasers by saying "i wrote this when i was contemplating suicide"...

And he said Lasers, *akward pause* "on the way..."

Not a good sign at all...

And SMH at Wiz if he signed with Atlantic...

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

seen him tweet last night that he is "going back in the lab soon"....atlantic must of said %^&% no to the album he turned in... smh 
this is wishful thinking, but lupe also said on twitter, earlier on the tour, that he had already begun writing for his next album
so he could be in the studio for that, i hope

saw that a couple of the songs he performed aren't gonna be on the album...the songs were a couple of the more rock ones...so that might be a sign that the label denied the album because of those...

^He's hurting himself...i aint sayin his fanbase will depart but damn The Cool was Dec 07...this aint coming no earlier than September 10 i bet

this album better be A-1 or he lost in the shuffle cuz after the summer wave and closin out wit TI n Ye n an up and comer like J. Cole...dude might not get his due, n thats not even mentioning the black cloud over the album already

^He's hurting himself...i aint sayin his fanbase will depart but damn The Cool was Dec 07...this aint coming no earlier than September 10 i bet

this album better be A-1 or he lost in the shuffle cuz after the summer wave and closin out wit TI n Ye n an up and comer like J. Cole...dude might not get his due, n thats not even mentioning the black cloud over the album already

All your points are fair and I agree.  As a fan I am getting frustrated.  Shining Down was a dope song and so is I'm Beaming even What You Want and the joint with A. Keys are on point along with Enemy of the State. His fans clearly are starved for an album and I agree there is a black cloud over the album now. I can't even get excited for anything until I hear an official release date.

cant copy the tweets but he talking bout running with food n liquor 2 right now on twitter

# I dont know whats going on with Lasers...but i'm not waiting around...backs against the wall...no choice but to rip a hole in it! 3 minutes ago via web

# Chilly gave me the green light to do it how we used to. Us against the world. Oh my! Pardon me as i go in. F&L II: TGARA 5 minutes ago via web

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

# I dont know whats going on with Lasers...but i'm not waiting around...backs against the wall...no choice but to rip a hole in it! 3 minutes ago via web

# Chilly gave me the green light to do it how we used to. Us against the world. Oh my! Pardon me as i go in. F&L II: TGARA 5 minutes ago via web

Food & Liquor II will be his fourth album after Lasers. he was gonna call it just "The Great American Rap Album" but I guess he recently decided to add Food & Liquor II to the title.

and it just seems like he's not doing anything about Lasers. all he says is that "its in the labels hands". if I were an artist of Lupe's stature and my record label was putting my album on hold, I would be pressin the every damn day to put my ++%% out.

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Food & Liquor II will be his fourth album after Lasers. he was gonna call it just "The Great American Rap Album" but I guess he recently decided to add Food & Liquor II to the title.

and it just seems like he's not doing anything about Lasers. all he says is that "its in the labels hands". if I were an artist of Lupe's stature and my record label was putting my album on hold, I would be pressin the every damn day to put my ++%% out.
Yeah but even great artists don't necessarily move units. I'm sure they are "dumbing down" his album to improve sales.

Go To Sleep sounds like straight flames. I don't know which one is going to be relased first at this point lol, LASERS or F&LII: TGARA either way we are going to get some great music in the future from this man. Can't wait!

Go To Sleep is
pimp.gif

I just need this dude to drop something. I like to see that at least hes attempting to.

Lyrics question from 'Go To Sleep'

He says something like:

"Would you look at all these Spies? But they can't see me, I took out their eyes.
Replaced them with some ________, so all they is see is _______.
But I will never run, not even if they cry.
See I can never fall, not even down their cheek.
But I will always ball (bawl), let's see the first to blink."

Originally Posted by hockeyboy20

Go To Sleep sounds like straight flames. I don't know which one is going to be relased first at this point lol, LASERS or F&LII: TGARA either way we are going to get some great music in the future from this man. Can't wait!

That is cool but the problem and what is frustrating for the fans is that nobody has any idea when the future is.  We have been waiting for the future for way too long now.

Flatbush, I completely agree with that. I have to have faith that the man knows this and will give his fans something sooner rather than later. I would take another mixtape at this point, although I know that probably will not be happening.

Back
Top Bottom