Official Madden NFL 12 Thread

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

wait it's "cheesing" to use the clock to your advantage? There have been many times where I have the ball the entire first quarter and I'm not milking the clock, just being methodical in my approach, not bombing it but using 3 downs to move the chains and eventually score.

Stop being so god damn soft and crying about everything people. Not everything is cheesing. Grow a pair.

No, not always. 
Just depends, it's only cheesing if you do it every single game and wait until the very last second to snap the ball. 

I have games where I have the ball 15 minutes, and he has it for 9.

If my passing game stops working then I'll run the ball which leads to me using up more of the clock. 

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

wait it's "cheesing" to use the clock to your advantage? There have been many times where I have the ball the entire first quarter and I'm not milking the clock, just being methodical in my approach, not bombing it but using 3 downs to move the chains and eventually score.

Stop being so god damn soft and crying about everything people. Not everything is cheesing. Grow a pair.

No, not always. 
Just depends, it's only cheesing if you do it every single game and wait until the very last second to snap the ball. 

I have games where I have the ball 15 minutes, and he has it for 9.

If my passing game stops working then I'll run the ball which leads to me using up more of the clock. 

So sick of the dudes going for it on 4th down EVERY TIME. Play straight up. And dudes with laggy connections, c'mon it's 2011.

So sick of the dudes going for it on 4th down EVERY TIME. Play straight up. And dudes with laggy connections, c'mon it's 2011.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

They should really bring back the Fair Play for ranked games like there was on the PS2 versions. Anytime it was 4th down, you HAD to punt and you couldn't pick any other play. It would at least cut down the bullcrap that goes on now. 

They should really bring back the Fair Play for ranked games like there was on the PS2 versions. Anytime it was 4th down, you HAD to punt and you couldn't pick any other play. It would at least cut down the bullcrap that goes on now. 

I'm probably the only dude here that has played it for Wii
laugh.gif
..and to be honest outside of the Gamecube graphics, it's pretty much regular Madden(if you have the Classic Controller or the Pro..it's worthless otherwise) All of the same features too(except for Superstar mode or w/e it's called I think)

I'm probably the only dude here that has played it for Wii
laugh.gif
..and to be honest outside of the Gamecube graphics, it's pretty much regular Madden(if you have the Classic Controller or the Pro..it's worthless otherwise) All of the same features too(except for Superstar mode or w/e it's called I think)

I'm about to trade this in as well. I am a huge fan of Madden and I think they did well with this game, it is far better than the previous installments, but every year it's the same thing with the online play that ruins the experience for me. I don't get why they throw in things such as the surprise onside kick, completely unnecessary. Don't get me wrong I can destroy some of these cheesers (record is 28-6) but it gets tiring facing these dudes. As mentioned above they need to bring back that fair play system once again. They also need to fix the AI intelligence. If someone online continuously runs the same play the CPU should pick it up as well, it is very difficult to cover 4 WRs simultaneously.

Same routine every time -- first week is very fun and highly competitive then from there it goes straight downhill. Dudes are so thirsty for wins online.

I'm about to trade this in as well. I am a huge fan of Madden and I think they did well with this game, it is far better than the previous installments, but every year it's the same thing with the online play that ruins the experience for me. I don't get why they throw in things such as the surprise onside kick, completely unnecessary. Don't get me wrong I can destroy some of these cheesers (record is 28-6) but it gets tiring facing these dudes. As mentioned above they need to bring back that fair play system once again. They also need to fix the AI intelligence. If someone online continuously runs the same play the CPU should pick it up as well, it is very difficult to cover 4 WRs simultaneously.

Same routine every time -- first week is very fun and highly competitive then from there it goes straight downhill. Dudes are so thirsty for wins online.

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

I'm saying! It's like the dudes at EA get replaced every year and cannot figure out anything from year to year. It took them like 7 years to master that when someone QUITS, they should get an automatic loss. You had dudes pulling the plug with 3 seconds left and getting W's. EA Sports is horrible.

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

I'm saying! It's like the dudes at EA get replaced every year and cannot figure out anything from year to year. It took them like 7 years to master that when someone QUITS, they should get an automatic loss. You had dudes pulling the plug with 3 seconds left and getting W's. EA Sports is horrible.

Back
Top Bottom