Official Madden NFL 13 Thread: Patch #4 Available 11/29; Details pg. 43

[h1]Fantasy Drafts Coming to Madden NFL 13[/h1]
Hey Madden fans, I am pleased to announce the details around the online Fantasy Draft feature, which is now available as part of online Connected Careers in Madden NFL 13.  We are also looking into adding similar functionality into offline Connected Careers in the future, and thank you for your continued feedback.

It was always our goal with Connected Careers to create a strong core experience that could be built upon for years to come.  Our team is focused on providing fans with a live service for Madden NFL and we are excited that online Fantasy Draft is the first additional feature delivered for Connected Careers.  We look forward to continuing to build upon Madden NFL 13 in the future.

09142012-M13-FantasyBlog-img1.jpg

To access Fantasy Drafts, you’ll still choose to be a coach in Connected Careers. The commissioner, or yourself (if you’re playing alone), will then choose to “Start Your League” from the Connected Careers main actions menu. Once that option is selected, you will be prompted with the option to “Start Season” or “Start Fantasy Draft”. You’ll want to make sure that all of your members are in the league before starting or else they’ll miss out on the experience.

09142012-M13-FantasyBlog-img2.jpg

Once you start the draft, the draft order for the first round will be completely random, with the rest of the draft following the traditional “snake” like a fantasy draft. Each participant will have 45 seconds to make their picks and the draft will consists of 54 picks per team. So, you’ll need to cut one player before the start of the season. You will have the option to pause the draft or simply auto pick the rest of the draft at any point if you and your friends only want to draft a certain number of rounds.

09142012-M13-FantasyBlog-img3.jpg

Once the draft is completed, the league will move on as you’re accustomed to in a typical Connected Careers league. It is worth calling out the salaries of the players drafted in the Fantasy Draft will all be the same per round so that everyone is on an even playing field. Contracts start at 5 years/12M per year for a first round pick and ramp down to 1 year/500K per year. Another cool feature about this new setup is that you’ll still be doing your annual draft and adding the dynamic rookie draft classes with backstories into your league each year. There’s much more that you’ll find along the way, but I wanted to give you the basics.

As always, we appreciate the feedback and will continue to monitor our social channels, forums, and our Game Changers site for additional feedback throughout the year. For our fans that continue to ask about roster and player editing in Connected Careers, I can tell you that based on your feedback, the development team is currently exploring the potential option to include additional functionality in Madden NFL 13 in an upcoming title update. We’ll update you with more information in the coming weeks after the team has time to investigate and assess the situation.

Happy to hear Fantasy Drafts are returning as an available feature. Know that was a major point of contention the first week Madden 13 dropped.

Haven't read through the thread in detail, but also heard disabling multi-player in franchise mode caused significant outcry among active gamers.

So i can finally start my offline connected careers with updated rosters? :nerd:
I thought for all connected careers the rosters will update automatically within the game mode?

Damn, i didn't know that. When i try to start a new one and click "yes" to "Do you want to use your downloaded Connected Careers roster update?" it doesn't update the rosters. Alex Smith still a 82.

I'm still a bit upset at the fact I can't edit players. Like I can't change a RT to RG where he would obviously excel due to his strength and blocking ability. He doesn't have the goddamn agility to play RT for my offense, but I can't make this change to my team because Madden won't let me. :smh:

Almost lost a game against the Texans on some silly stuff. After i forced a failed 4th down conversion and a quick score to make it 24-14 with 2 min left the MADDEN EFFECT kicked in. I kick the ball off and his returner fumbles around the 20 yd line then his player (#50, so you know he couldnt been that fast) picks the ball up and runs for a TD. Then of course my receivers drop two passes :smh:

I'm still a bit upset at the fact I can't edit players. Like I can't change a RT to RG where he would obviously excel due to his strength and blocking ability. He doesn't have the goddamn agility to play RT for my offense, but I can't make this change to my team because Madden won't let me. :smh:

I know exactly how you feel :smh:

Like c'mon EA...if it's in the game, it's in the game, right? They hurried up to give us fantasy drafts? THAT AIN'T IN THE GAME!!!!

They give us this feature, yet i got 2 dudes wearing #82 in my CC to which i CAN'T EDIT player's #'s :smh:

Done with this game. The defense is so ******g broken. The only way to stop the pass is if you drop some of your lineman back into coverage and that's absolutely ridiculous. The corner route works every time as does the slant. And I'm so ******g SICK of the vertical route being all of a sudden ******g unstoppable. Every time you play a guy online it's the snugs formation send 2 guys on slants 2 guys on corner routes then occasionally mix it up with a draw. They need to insert something where the defense will eventually recognize they're running the same ******g play.

Anyone help me here..? When i try to start a new offline connected career and click "yes" to "Do you want to use your downloaded Connected Careers roster update?" it doesn't update the rosters. None of the ratings are updating.

Last edited:
I dont think ive ever played a more sloppy game of madden ever :lol: and im not saying i played sloppy, i mean the whole game including my opponent. We threw INTs back and fourth and eventually my dude came through with hasselbeck :x :smh:

good game

:smokin

Last edited:
What's good with the Ball So Hard league? I just checked the week 2 schedule and the one game that has been played was the one I played vs the CPU days ago. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom