Official Madden NFL 13 Thread: Patch #4 Available 11/29; Details pg. 43

for me the issue is moreso the people playing the game, cause i only do online play

BUT, you have to understand where people are comign from when their entire league is ruined by an error that EA has had an entire year to work on...

fin.

I love that I can user pick everything 

I can deal with user picks. The A.I. and overall build is what grinds my gears. The defenses A.I. is designed to cheat some plays. They'll damn near run the route better than you're receiver. Its flat out laziness.

There are no excuses to be made.

how do yall still play this when 2k13 is out

:lol: I just picked up 2K13 last night, so much more fun than Madden. And the sore losers don't get rewarded for quitting. Madden is up on eBay if anyone wants mine.

This game sucks. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. If you defend it, you're a part of the problem. They have been force feeding this same trash year in and year out with MINOR improvements. This game has had the SAME issues year in and year out. If anything this game is getting worse. Stop defending this trash.
JUST STOP IT! :smh:
When is the EA/NFL contract up?

I agree. They don't care either. I've tweeted them 20 times, no responses. They're a bunch of cowards.

I can deal with user picks. The A.I. and overall build is what grinds my gears. The defenses A.I. is designed to cheat some plays. They'll damn near run the route better than you're receiver. Its flat out laziness.

That's huge. How many times does the defense run a slant pattern perfectly so that you throw the ball right to them? Or that the defender is the only player that comes back for the ball while your WR keeps running towards the end zone? The route cheating is so ridiculous in this game, actually worse than Madden 12. I'm selling the game, #%@% it. That and the disconnect glitch (which EA has allowed for at least 8 years now) is just infuriating.

This game sucks. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. If you defend it, you're a part of the problem. They have been force feeding this same trash year in and year out with MINOR improvements. This game has had the SAME issues year in and year out. If anything this game is getting worse. Stop defending this trash.
JUST STOP IT! :smh:
When is the EA/NFL contract up?

I seriously think EA did something to you to make it personal :lol:. You HATE this game. I love it. This isnt the same game though there's a completely new physics engine lol. They took out the LB's jumping a million feet in the air and that was the biggest complaint last year. The defense A.I. is fine but you can get destroyed if you have no user skills while the other person does. Alot of times thats what it comes down to. Half of my interceptions come from me knowing where the person is about to throw the ball. Question though? Do you read the defenses, do audibles, hot routes, put players in motion, go through your progressions? Do you ever throw to the player BEFORE they make their cut so the ball is there when they DO make their cut? Beleive it or not you can do that in this game. Do you keep an eye on the pocket to let your plays develop? Or do you already know where youre throwing the ball ( if so im assuming AJ Green) before you snap it while dropping back 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage? I see this from alot of people. This game is actually realistic if youre good enough and know how to play realistic. I have had very few complaints about this game. And the few I do have nothing to do with the actual gameplay.

Here's a little something to prove to you that you can pass the ball effeciently in this game. I initially took it to show you fellow Madden NT'ers im down to give anyone of yall the business :smokin . This was an online ranked game. One of my better games so I had to show you guys.

Last edited:
Jay02 do you have this on PS3? I'll show you how I play first hand.

Dropping back 15 yards and chuck it to A.J? :lol:

Patch #4 drops tomorrow

Here are the details:

Next Madden 13 title update lands Thursday, adds Ultimate Team features

The fourth title update for Madden NFL 13 is scheduled to go live November 29, and includes a few new features for Madden Ultimate Team (MUT). The ability to set multiple lineups for your MUT squad highlights the list of changes. Players will now be able to save up to five different lineups.

Another change coming in this week's title update is described as "more nuanced roster management," and is also geared towards Ultimate Team. Instead of breaking down roster management by offense, defense and special teams in MUT, the update sorts teams by more specific positions, such as offensive line and defensive secondary. Each roster segment will show your team's starters as well as eligible players on your bench. The Madden team is also adding a boosts screen in this update, which will display every ratings boost equipped to your team.

Among the other features being added to MUT are quick collections and the ability to play two minute quarters in the mode. Quick collections reward players that are among the first to finish a card collection in Madden Ultimate Team with special bonuses.

"What we're really striving for is aiming these title updates not just at bug fixes, but adding brand-new content so people feel like they're constantly getting a new game experience," an EA rep told Joystiq. Past title updates added server-side fantasy drafts and player editing in career mode. We've also been told that another announcement is due later this week. Click past the break to see the list of bug fixes included in the update.

These Madden 13 title update bug fixes are the same across Xbox 360 and PS3:

• Fixed bug where Connected Careers panel in main menu is blank
  • Fixed exploit in Madden Ultimate Team Solo Challenges where players were using frozen kick meter to run out the clock
  • Fixed issue in Panthers playbook where Shotgun formation was properly displaying
  • Fixed squib kick exploit
  • Fixed exploit that allowed MLB to get instant pressure when in a specific position with a specific coverage called
  • Fixed bug when reviewing a friend's depth chart in Madden Ultimate Team
  • Fixed erroneous screen telling Madden Ultimate Team players EA servers were unavailable when an opponent signed out before progressing to the loading screen
  • Fixed issue where replaying completed Solo Challenges in Madden Ultimate Team consumed contracts
  • Fixed issue where Connected Careers offline depth chart would reset after each game when player used imported My Madden roster
  • Fixed issue where users could not save edits to existing NFL players whose names were flagged as profane.
  • Fixed exploit where Madden Ultimate Team users who were kicked out a match for grieving were still granted 800 coins
  • Fixed a menu display bug in Madden Ultimate Team matchmaking screen

Patch #4 drops tomorrow

Here are the details:

Next Madden 13 title update lands Thursday, adds Ultimate Team features

The fourth title update for Madden NFL 13 is scheduled to go live November 29, and includes a few new features for Madden Ultimate Team (MUT). The ability to set multiple lineups for your MUT squad highlights the list of changes. Players will now be able to save up to five different lineups.

Another change coming in this week's title update is described as "more nuanced roster management," and is also geared towards Ultimate Team. Instead of breaking down roster management by offense, defense and special teams in MUT, the update sorts teams by more specific positions, such as offensive line and defensive secondary. Each roster segment will show your team's starters as well as eligible players on your bench. The Madden team is also adding a boosts screen in this update, which will display every ratings boost equipped to your team.

Among the other features being added to MUT are quick collections and the ability to play two minute quarters in the mode. Quick collections reward players that are among the first to finish a card collection in Madden Ultimate Team with special bonuses.

"What we're really striving for is aiming these title updates not just at bug fixes, but adding brand-new content so people feel like they're constantly getting a new game experience," an EA rep told Joystiq. Past title updates added server-side fantasy drafts and player editing in career mode. We've also been told that another announcement is due later this week. Click past the break to see the list of bug fixes included in the update.

These Madden 13 title update bug fixes are the same across Xbox 360 and PS3:

• Fixed bug where Connected Careers panel in main menu is blank
  • Fixed exploit in Madden Ultimate Team Solo Challenges where players were using frozen kick meter to run out the clock
  • Fixed issue in Panthers playbook where Shotgun formation was properly displaying
  • Fixed squib kick exploit
  • Fixed exploit that allowed MLB to get instant pressure when in a specific position with a specific coverage called
  • Fixed bug when reviewing a friend's depth chart in Madden Ultimate Team
  • Fixed erroneous screen telling Madden Ultimate Team players EA servers were unavailable when an opponent signed out before progressing to the loading screen
  • Fixed issue where replaying completed Solo Challenges in Madden Ultimate Team consumed contracts
  • Fixed issue where Connected Careers offline depth chart would reset after each game when player used imported My Madden roster
  • Fixed issue where users could not save edits to existing NFL players whose names were flagged as profane.
  • Fixed exploit where Madden Ultimate Team users who were kicked out a match for grieving were still granted 800 coins
  • Fixed a menu display bug in Madden Ultimate Team matchmaking screen

Finally

Is that referring to nano blitz?

How do you guys stop the read option from the Niners playbook? I play regularly and control the LB but it's hard as **** to stop. >:

The AI DE always falls for the fake and I can't do a non-passing defense because it is from shotgun and they'll audible out of it. :smh:

Kaepernick went off. :x

How do you guys stop the read option from the Niners playbook? I play regularly and control the LB but it's hard as **** to stop. >:
The AI DE always falls for the fake and I can't do a non-passing defense because it is from shotgun and they'll audible out of it. :smh:

4-3 Under , Cover 3 , QB cotain the DEs or take control of the safety thats covering the flats and cheat.

4-3 Under , Cover 3 , QB cotain the DEs or take control of the safety thats covering the flats and cheat.

Thanks and repped.

Dude is getting way too cocky cheesing in Madden, time to take him down a notch. :pimp:

Thanks and repped.
Dude is getting way too cocky cheesing in Madden, time to take him down a notch. :pimp:

I hate the guys who use SF and stay in the hurry up offense.. If you're playing with the fatigue option on pop the QB even if its late, lol

Just lost a game where a dude got 5 onside kicks in a row back.

Putting this **** down and playing NBA 2K. I'll try it again after the patch because I almost just broke controller.

eff this game. receivers drop every wide open pass while DB's make miracle interceptions every time. o-line doesn't block, what the hell am i supposed to do?

eff this game. receivers drop every wide open pass while DB's make miracle interceptions every time. o-line doesn't block, what the hell am i supposed to do?

Step your game up.

yeah nothing more to step up with wide open receivers dropping half of the passes :stoneface:
this game is trash

Try manually/user catching it. Usually works for me.

can't in connected careers as a qb. bout to just start over and try a defensive player

Any tips on beating the cover 2 man? Thats the most annoying defense in the game. Got spanked in my CC by the Seahawks. Im the ******** btw. Im thinking about sending everyone deep and trying to scramble.

Any tips on beating the cover 2 man? Thats the most annoying defense in the game. Got spanked in my CC by the Seahawks. Im the ******** btw. Im thinking about sending everyone deep and trying to scramble.

Forgot the name of the play but i drew it. The red route always beats the cover two since it goes over the linebacker and under the safety. When i use this route i always switch the running back to stay as a blocker to gimme extra time

Forgot the name of the play but i drew it. The red route always beats the cover two since it goes over the linebacker and under the safety. When i use this route i always switch the running back to stay as a blocker to gimme extra time

This. Throwing to a receiver running a seam route almost always works.

Try this in practice mode:

Send a receiver deep/fade. Send a RB on a wheel route then motion him over to the side with the WR going deep. That WR should be open, lead the pass to the inside.

Back
Top Bottom