Official Madden NFL 13 Thread: Patch #4 Available 11/29; Details pg. 43

Trust me I put the safety deep as well. If the receiver is fast it doesn't matter what you do sometimes. I think the problem EA did with man coverage is that even when you drop them back into coverage to cornerback will first try to run in and cover the WR and not play deep as he should thus making him get beat. Then when you run the zone since the man is getting torched the zone gets torched even worse it's terrible.
Yeah its tough, I find that the 2 man zone works best for deep throws. I can ususally knock it down with my safeties. But rarely ill get a WTF catch over two of my defenders.

Idk if its just me but when did they combine the bat/swat button on defense with the catch button??

No wonder I've been allowing so many catches :smh: :x

I haven't played since madden 11 :\

Didn't know connected careers replaced franchise. I'm selling a brand new 360 copy played once for 45 shipped if anyone is interested.

Online play is such a damn joke... so sick of playing against people who hurry up every single damn play and somehow have miraculous blitzes that I can do nothing against. What a damn joke. SO SICK OF CHEESERS.

EA has to turn down run blocking a lil its too easy to get to the outside and if you guess the right side of the run they can always cut it back to the other side

And idk what you guys are talking about... my WR's NEVER get open. It's like I don't play for 2 days and all a sudden everyone I play against covers Calvin perfectly. :x

Getting so annoyed.

^You have to mix things up. Maybe I'm playing sub-par opponents, but I can manage to get DHB, D. Moore, Ford, Streater, or McFadden open on any given play.

Calvin should be a monster beating press coverage (haven't checked his ratings), so if you see somebody pressing...send him deep. Are you seeing a ton of safety help over the top or are your opponents covering Megatron one on one? Personally, I can't go into a Lions game without thinking about doubling him every goddamn play. :x

Also, what do you mean by the "hurry up"? I run a lot of no huddle offense to keep a defense off balance and tired them out so I'm not sure how that's cheesing.

Last edited:
^You have to mix things up. Maybe I'm playing sub-par opponents, but I can manage to get DHB, D. Moore, Ford, Streater, or McFadden open on any given play.
Calvin should be a monster beating press coverage (haven't checked his ratings), so if you see somebody pressing...send him deep. Are you seeing a ton of safety help over the top or are your opponents covering Megatron one on one? Personally, I can't go into a Lions game without thinking about doubling him every goddamn play. :x
Also, what do you mean by the "hurry up"? I run a lot of no huddle offense to keep a defense off balance and tired them out so I'm not sure how that's cheesing.

Yeah I don't mind the hurry up offense..but this year there's so many players that only run 2 plays out of the hurry up. it's not fun to play against haha.

Again, another complaint about the defense. IT IS SO BAD THIS YEAR. I don't think it's ever been this bad to where the only point you can stop the pass is dropping even your lineman into coverage. Who would've known that the quick slant is the most unstoppable route in football history. The CBs don't even react when they see the slant coming. And like I said even when you drop the guy back into coverage it won't matter because he will run up to the WR and play him close which is the reason he gets burned. I've never seen it this bad ever.

And I can't reiterate enough how FAKE the dropped passes are. It's guaranteed to happen 5+ times a game and that's sickening.

And idk what you guys are talking about... my WR's NEVER get open. It's like I don't play for 2 days and all a sudden everyone I play against covers Calvin perfectly. :x

Getting so annoyed.

I play with the Bears and I usually have no issue getting open rather it's with Forte, Marshall, Hester, Jeffrey, etc.

Still just play the demo. Dont think i am going to buy the game. But i was playing ******** vs seahawks....merriweather had 4 picks for the skins (i did 0 user picks). I was playing on all pro.
Anyone else have tons of INTs? I threw 2 with RG3 but Flynn threw 4. Most games its seeming as i am between 4-6 INTs each. Dont remember them being so prevalent.

ya cant remeber with who but in the demo i had 4 picks with 1 guy. not buying this game.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't mind the hurry up offense..but this year there's so many players that only run 2 plays out of the hurry up. it's not fun to play against haha.

I know what you mean and honestly, I realized last night that I didn't consciously realize I was holding down the hurry up button. And at times, that strategy gets me into trouble...quick 3 and out and now my defense is winded. So if you run against players who are not creative enough to maximize that strategy, PUNISH THEM for it.

I expect a patch on the defense. I just watched a replay of my CB getting burned and he did this stupid animation where he would move inside and stop for a second and that was what allowed for his man to be so open. They also need to fix the press coverage it literally just doesn't work. If you're running one on one and do press coverage it's an auto-td for the offense.

Again, another complaint about the defense. IT IS SO BAD THIS YEAR. I don't think it's ever been this bad to where the only point you can stop the pass is dropping even your lineman into coverage. Who would've known that the quick slant is the most unstoppable route in football history. The CBs don't even react when they see the slant coming. And like I said even when you drop the guy back into coverage it won't matter because he will run up to the WR and play him close which is the reason he gets burned. I've never seen it this bad ever.
And I can't reiterate enough how FAKE the dropped passes are. It's guaranteed to happen 5+ times a game and that's sickening.

The complaints aren't consistent enough imo. I saw some other member post something about a 5' 9" cornerback jamming Megatron up at the line. You gotta factor in the fatigue of the players and their acceleration. If your DB is tired from playing man coverage a whole series it is possible he will get beat a few times. So far its been 50/50. Find the plays that work for you and you should be good. btw I'm using ******** and Falcons so far. As for drop passes, it's happened a few times, nothing major but most times its me taking over the receiver messing up.

Overall this is probably the most fun I've had playing Madden since 2004.

Found out our league info is on the EA site.

Yeah I like Madden and buy it every year but this is the first year since I can remember where I feel I'm getting my money's worth.

I love this game.

The complaints aren't consistent enough imo. I saw some other member post something about a 5' 9" cornerback jamming Megatron up at the line. You gotta factor in the fatigue of the players and their acceleration. If your DB is tired from playing man coverage a whole series it is possible he will get beat a few times. So far its been 50/50. Find the plays that work for you and you should be good. btw I'm using ******** and Falcons so far. As for drop passes, it's happened a few times, nothing major but most times its me taking over the receiver messing up.
Overall this is probably the most fun I've had playing Madden since 2004.
Found out our league info is on the EA site.

Play someone that cheeses online and abuses the deep routes and come back to me. Trust me just watch a play where the receiver beats your guy and watch what the CB does. He does this move where he goes inside first for no reason at all then decides to go cover the WR and by the time he does it's too late. It's not a matter of picking plays. If you try to switch to deep zone then they beat you short. It's a bug in the game. Fatigue has nothing to do with it they can do it on the very first play of the game.

And it's surprising to see you haven't encountered the dropped passes it happens to me every game. If you throw a very nice pass it will be to no avail cause the WR drops a pass off a small hit.

I know I come off sounding like I don't know how to play defense or I suck at this game and that's not true. I've been playing Madden for forever and I know a problem when I see one.

This might be the best Madden to date with all the fixes on offense and the physics system but they have to fix the defense.

I was off to a rough start online but I've won like 6 straight at 9-4

Reading and anticipating offense and using the left trigger and right stick command has helped a ton... Before I could know what they were doing and theyd still just do it because my players would be nowhere in position to make a stop.

Didn't they get rid of that feature for a year or 2?

Play someone that cheeses online and abuses the deep routes and come back to me. Trust me just watch a play where the receiver beats your guy and watch what the CB does. He does this move where he goes inside first for no reason at all then decides to go cover the WR and by the time he does it's too late. It's not a matter of picking plays. If you try to switch to deep zone then they beat you short. It's a bug in the game. Fatigue has nothing to do with it they can do it on the very first play of the game.
And it's surprising to see you haven't encountered the dropped passes it happens to me every game. If you throw a very nice pass it will be to no avail cause the WR drops a pass off a small hit.
I know I come off sounding like I don't know how to play defense or I suck at this game and that's not true. I've been playing Madden for forever and I know a problem when I see one.
This might be the best Madden to date with all the fixes on offense and the physics system but they have to fix the defense.

I'm not gonna act like the game doesn't have flaws but I figure I'd just adjust my game to them and enjoy it as best as possible. One of the glitches I hate is getting a stretch hand off play to my RB clean then brushing against my OLineman and falling on the floor. Its annoying as hell especially when I see that there was only 1 man to beat but I avoid running certain plays depending on what I've been seeing against the defense.

One of the plays that almost impossible to be is the %#^$& route. Throw the ball when the receiver is 10 yds down the field and it you take control and user catch you're almost always going to catch it. :lol:

Playin with the eagles and I fumbled 4 times in 2 1/2 qtrs :lol: ... I understand if they were fumbles by me scrambling with Vick, but three were by McCoy and 1 by Jackson. Madden has to do better then that :smh:

FYI, next roster update goes live Saturday morning.
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]
The second Madden NFL 13 roster update will be available for download on the Xbox 360 and PS3 on Saturday morning. The update will reflect the final 53 man rosters of all 32 NFL teams. Details regarding the update will be available Friday morning.

The initial 75 man preseason rosters that were released with Madden NFL 13 will continue to be available for offline and online Connected Careers so that fans who want to manage the final roster of their team can do so. Final 53 man rosters will also be made available early next week for offline and online Connected Careers giving users the choice to use either roster when starting their Connected Careers experience
[/td][/tr][/table]

Yeah man...
I'm all about franchise/CC. The inability to edit is ridiculous on a number of levels. Specifically since play these modes offline. I get why there should be a lock on editing attributes if you're playing an online season...but for offline??? Makes NO sense.
I don't even think this is something realistic for a patch. If it is, I'll re-cop. If not, I'll hope Madden 14 comes correct.

If that how you want it to work then what's the point of playing? You might as well set everyone to 99 and have an unbeatable team

I think EA is right for taking off the edit feature

does anybody find returning kickoffs super easy? I done returned so many so far:lol: :pimp:

Playing on Pro?

Anyways, Megatron in this game is a damn cheat code. I couldn't stop him for anything. Anyway you can double cover a WR? I know you can spotlight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom