OFFICIAL MADDEN NFL 16 Thread | Available Now

This game is great. The detail in this game. :wow:. This isn't for the casual gamer who thinks he's gonna pick the game and start handing out Ls.

Saw on Twitter Rex said the aggressive catch would be tuned down. It needs to be but i can deal with it now cause I've gotten who good passes go my way.

5-0 against some guys in my NT league. Down to play anyone here on ps4. I'll be labbing all day.

PSN - dabottom305

Im a Madden addict one of the only reason I own a vidoe game console

and I will admit EA is too comfortable with Madden because we are basically getting little features at a time with no visual ground breaking updates

I think if you throw 2K sports in the mix it will force EA to push the envelope

Us football fans deserve this

2k is very capable of releasing a way better football game then Madden when NFL2k5 has the same exact screen cuts and camera angles as Madden 16

Football is football bruh. What can 2k do that would make it so much better than Madden? Madden has a formula that works. Dudes out here acting like Madden is playing like NBA live or something smh.....

Compared to APF2K Madden does play like live. But to go in to ALL the points would be useless on here. I'll just say, 2K would kill Tiburon

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/momentousceltic/paytonmove.gif
http://s5.photobucket.com/user/momentousceltic/media/apf3.gif.html

AND THIS RIGHT HERE. SAYS ALOT.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=112bhh4&s=5#.Vd8aUXmFOUk

Last edited:
yeah i like it so far..

the aggressive catch is over the top sometimes but everything else is on point

Yea the aggressive catches are a little over the top but im glad they added, played with panthers yesterday and Kelvin Benjamin missed a catch, i tapped the aggressive button and the ball went all the way up to the rafters then picked off :lol:

I did get some nice first downs with it so im cool with it :smokin

Football is football bruh. What can 2k do that would make it so much better than Madden? Madden has a formula that works. Dudes out here acting like Madden is playing like NBA live or something smh.....

Compared to APF2K Madden does play like live. But to go in to ALL the points would be useless on here. I'll just say, 2K would kill Tiburon

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/momentousceltic/paytonmove.gif
http://s5.photobucket.com/user/momentousceltic/media/apf3.gif.html

AND THIS RIGHT HERE. SAYS ALOT.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=112bhh4&s=5#.Vd8aUXmFOUk

They can't handle the NBA well lately so I don't know why you think they would kill Tiburon.

A few of my impressions from a couch co-op and CFM user.

-The Xbox One version had horrible frame rate issues. A quick Google search revealed that this has been an issue. I cleared my cache and the game ran smooth after that.

-I enjoy the new passing mechanics. I find that throwing to a pass to a WR and using the Possession modifier works very well, especially throwing into the endzone. The WR will get down fast to avoid getting hit and generally does a good job of securing the catch. This mechanic also seems to work well when throwing to the flats and sidelines.

-The RAC modifier works well when throwing slants and crosses obviously and keeps the WR running in stride to get up field.

-In regards to the Aggressive Catch mechanic, I was using New England and was trying this to Gronk mainly and didn't feel that it was too overpowered. The defenders did a good job of covering it and I found that the WR-DB interactions seemed fluid and I wasn't able to abuse it. I only had a pass tipped up high once in three games and it happened organically.

-The throw high/low modifiers both seem to work fine to me as well. I always wanted the ability to throw low to WRs, especially in the endzone and these modifiers allow you to place the ball away from defenders.

-I wasn't a big fan of the Touch Pass modifier, mainly because it requires you to double tap the receiver's icon and I'm still getting used to that. You're supposed to use this modifier when throwing into zone coverage to get it over the underneath coverage, but in front of the deep coverage. It worked well in training, but I need more time using this.

-I ran 3 games vs. the CPU and 2 of them came down to the last drive and I actually lost both those games; 1 was Andrew Luck hitting Hilton deep for a 50 yard TD with 8 seconds left. I've never had the CPU beat me like that and to be honest, I was happy to see that from the CPU. I didn't see too much of Robo QB and they do stick with the running game. In previous years, I would find that the CPU would never establish the run. In 2016, the CPU is able to gain yards and gain 1st downs which is welcome.

-There are finally penalties being called. Mainly offensive and defensive holding. I'm fine with it as we often see plays get brought back all the time because of holding in the NFL.

-Overall, the game feels polished, the animations seem fluid and the game is quite enjoyable. This is from a couch co-op and CFM user though. I've found that playing vs. randoms online tends to deteriorate my experience with Madden as more exploits are used and the sim experience is diminished.

I want t agree but i feel like i say that every year except twice in the past 10 years.

I watched a 30 min video of some guy throwing deep passes against Revis and Cromartie yesterday. The interaction between the two positions is official. That aggressive catch is still kinda op but I've seen ways to defend it.

DB already in the film room... :nerd: :lol:

My only gripes with madden is the players still look like they did on last gen just polished up, and the lack of a "myplayer" mode even tho they basically invented it.

I hate when a player goes down or gets tackled that he just lays there for a while like he's dead. Some kind of animation for after getting hit would be nice. They also need to tweak some of the passing animations. Anyone else get annoyed when the QB is walking to the line and when he gets set he on the centers like left side and not centered? :lol: idk just me being picky. But overall great game.

Also, do all future rookies in CF all have the same helmet? I think last year every damn year rookies had Revo helmets. :smh:

That revolution helmet craze for the rookies pissed me off every time I saw it :lol: :smh:

I'm on pretty frequently, if anyone wants to play.

PSN - Lefty_Stay_Solo

Imma pick it up this weekend, I'm sure I'll be on a lot this year as usual

PSN- ELJEFEYB

I make a custom playbook.

Favorite formation is the Pistol Bunch TE, Strong Close, I Formation Twins. I can't say too much cause I know they're watching.

:nerd:

Pistol bunch and strong close....cheesers love these formations loll. If you don't know how to stop the plays EVERYBODY runs out these looks, you gone have a loooong day

Alright guys couple of questions I've been playing madden for quite some time now, but when it comes to play calling I feel as if it's a rock paper sicssors thing with me especially on defense. I know the basics such as 2 wr match up with a 3-4, 4-3 whatever your team runs. 3 wr roll with Nickles and 4 wr or 5 wr roll with Dime, Dollar, or Quarter. My problem is choosing which plays to call. Like when is a good time to play cover 1, 2,3 and so on. I usually pick Cover 3 as an overall defense and try to user the middle with my Mike. Any tips would be appreciated.

Alright guys couple of questions I've been playing madden for quite some time now, but when it comes to play calling I feel as if it's a rock paper sicssors thing with me especially on defense. I know the basics such as 2 wr match up with a 3-4, 4-3 whatever your team runs. 3 wr roll with Nickles and 4 wr or 5 wr roll with Dime, Dollar, or Quarter. My problem is choosing which plays to call. Like when is a good time to play cover 1, 2,3 and so on. I usually pick Cover 3 as an overall defense and try to user the middle with my Mike. Any tips would be appreciated.

Basically you wanna run the same concepts out of different fronts, so you know how the defense works and know the weak spots. You also gotta learn how to make hot routes to your D based on what your opponent is running. Running Cover 3 all game is no Bueno.

Back
Top Bottom