OFFICIAL: Manny Pacquiao v.s. Joshua Clottey - Saturday March 13th, Dallas Cowboys Stadium, Tehas

Originally Posted by Informerx

Gonna be a great fight. Slugger vs Boxer......

who's the boxer and who's the slugger?

Clottey gonna get knocked out in round 1 on some Leon Spinks vs Mike Tyson tip.
Ol' Scary behind N'ucklehead

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Informerx wrote:

Gonna be a great fight. Slugger vs Boxer......

who's the boxer and who's the slugger?

Clottey gonna get knocked out in round 1 on some Leon Spinks vs Mike Tyson tip.
Ol' Scary behind N'ucklehead

laugh.gif

Clottey has never been knocked out. What makes you think that Pacman is gonna knock out Clottey in the first round? On fight night Clottey is gonna have almost a 10 pound advantage on Pac. Not saying that means everything, but if you take account to his weight advantage, his defense, I highly doubt he will get knocked out in the first round. To answer your question, Pacman is the slugger, Clottey is the boxer.

I'll give him until the 6th. Just because I'm ordering this +%+@ I ain't tryna see it end in the first.

just cus Clottey Covers up in a shell for more than 75% of the fight doesnt make him a boxer.

and I think Clottey is gonna get knocked out cus he's a scared fighter right now

Clottey chin aint been tested and when I saw him go down off a MAC jab, i really question it.

I think there's a reason a guy with all that power covers up like Winky Wright. I think Pac will be fast enough to break thru and crack his jaw.

then again, I really cant stand Clottey
laugh.gif
so u can prolly call everything I said "Hate" lol

I hope Joshua does well just cus how Arum and Top Rank have deficated all over him these past months

just cus Clottey Covers up in a shell for more than 75% of the fight doesnt make him a boxer.

and I think Clottey is gonna get knocked out cus he's a scared fighter right now

Clottey chin aint been tested and when I saw him go down off a MAC jab, i really question it.

I think there's a reason a guy with all that power covers up like Winky Wright. I think Pac will be fast enough to break thru and crack his jaw.

then again, I really cant stand Clottey
laugh.gif
so u can prolly call everything I said "Hate" lol

I hope Joshua does well just cus how Arum and Top Rank have deficated all over him these past months

So if's not a boxer, what is he then? There's only really 3 main types of boxing styles, the boxer, the slugger, and the volume puncher. He's definitely not a slugger, and he's not a volume puncher. You said he's gonna get knocked out IN THE FIRST ROUND, that's a little bit of a reach. Most likely they gonna use the first round to gauge each other's tendencies and "warm up". Clottey is not a walk in the park for Pacquiao, everyone knows that. I'm not gonna say he's gonna win, but pacman ain't gonna have an easy fight.

So if's not a boxer, what is he then? There's only really 3 main types of boxing styles, the boxer, the slugger, and the volume puncher.
Stop googling and wikipedia'n information...or at least don't believe everything you read.
Have you seen Clottey fight?  He's not what I would define as a boxer.  A boxer moves and throws.  Clottey literally just sits there in a shell. And throws occasionally.

I think there's a reason a guy with all that power covers up like Winky Wright.
Im not sure if you're implicating Winky as well, but IMO, there should be no question about Winky's chin.  I've seen it tested numerous times.

no indictment on Ronald at all. He has an excuse that Clottey doesnt, he has literally ZERO punching power.
Clottey has incredible power, yet he doesnt let his hands go.

theres a reason he stands there with those gloves attached to his ears ...

No 1 is googling anything.....what are you talking about? I still haven't heard what style of fighter Clottey is......."Sits there in a shell" isnt a boxing type, and Clottey didn't get to where is he by doing that his whole career.

I still haven't heard what style of fighter Clottey is......."Sits there in a shell" isnt a boxing type, and Clottey didn't get to where is he by doing that his whole career.
Clottey is who he is.  And that's what he has done his entire career.

Why don't you watch some of his fights...and come back with an assessment. 

No 1 is googling anything.....what are you talking about? I still haven't heard what style of fighter Clottey is......."Sits there in a shell" isnt a boxing type, and Clottey didn't get to where is he by doing that his whole career.
?
u call a fighter who uses very little to no foot and/or head movement , a classic boxer. thats just incorrect

and yes, Clottey has fought this same boring "defensive shell"  his entire career...

off top of my head here are classic boxers,  
Paulie Malignaggi
Floyd Mayweather
James Toney
Joel Casamayor

in your opinion, Clottey belongs in that group ? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

I still haven't heard what style of fighter Clottey is......."Sits there in a shell" isnt a boxing type, and Clottey didn't get to where is he by doing that his whole career.
Clottey is who he is.  And that's what he has done his entire career.

Why don't you watch some of his fights...and come back with an assessment. 

?

I've watched his fights, numerous of times. And every one at my gym agrees that Clottey has a boxing style more than any of the other styles............."Clottey is who he is". Ok.

Gunna, who said he was a "classic boxer"? Did those words come out of my mouth? I said his style fits the boxer style of fighting more than the other styles, stop putting words in my mouth. When someone says Slugger vs Boxer, it doesn't mean that I'm implying that Clottey is a "classic boxer". But he fits that style.......He's not just a guy that fights in a defensive shell, that's absurd. And I'm not saying that he doesn't do that......he has the tendency to go into his shell, then wait for the other guy finishes his combos before he throws a punch or 2. A boxer is usually a fighter that goes the distance.....

ok I'll give u that you didnt say "classic Boxer"

you say his style fits boxer, yet he doesnt move his head or feet doesnt possess and superior jab

thats like saying George Foreman fits closer to a "boxer's style" and expecting someone to just let it ride

anyway,

I hope Pac & mayweather win... thats the msot important issue  

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'll give him until the 6th. Just because I'm ordering this +%+@ I ain't tryna see it end in the first.
laugh.gif
prepare to be Disappointed.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Im so tempted to not order this fight, especially after seeing scary Clottey give that interview, but u know me, I dont miss these PPVs
tired.gif

thats like saying George Foreman fits closer to a "boxer's style" and expecting someone to just let it ride

George Foreman in what year/fight?
laugh.gif

Damn Gunna still thinks this fight will end in the first round smh......
smh.gif

Yea I was thinking about not ordering it too. But then people starting asking me if I'm doing it by my place so I'm just having everyone chip in some money for it. This %%+$ ends in the first I'm gonnabe TIGHT.

Undercard is a piece of garbage as it is.

Humberto Soto on another PPV undercard/ John %$$*%#% Duddy JLC
sick.gif
... JESUS christ.

does Top Rank not have ANY young prospects

Damn Gunna still thinks this fight will end in the first round smh......

laugh.gif
yea man, I have no faith in a fighter who is talkin about losing before the fight

Soto is good and entertaining but against Diaz. Get outta here. David Diaz is one of the biggest bums in all of boxing. The fact that Morales lost to him should be a sign to that fool that he should stay retired.

And at least they're putting JLC in w/someone who can hit. I actually think they were talking about whoever wins this fight might face Andy Lee. So that might be a little interesting.

But you know Arum, this dude always promises the world on undercards and then shafts the fans.

Margarito is supposed to be ringside for this fight.  Arum is giving him advanced scouting on Pacquaio from what I've heard.  Wants there to be a contingency plan just in case...

I got Pac winning a one-sided UD. Maybe losing a couple of the middle rounds. Other than that, it's going to be a Manny showcase.

...but I'm rooting for an upset. There is no way Josh wins a decision. I'm hoping for a late stoppage by Josh. He going to have to go in there and bang the drum. Get to manny's body. Make manny respect his power.

If Pac loses...i would expect him to still be in the running for either PBF/Shane, whomever wins or loses because money talks.

Or maybe, he drops back to down to Jr. Welter.
pimp.gif
  And yes, I would take my boy Timmy over Pac in a fight at 140. 
laugh.gif

Timmy ain't fighting at 140 his next fight. He's doing a 147 max or it'll be at 145 flat non title bout. Just to keep him busy. Not out of the realm to see him move up to 147 soon. No one wants to fight him at 140.

Well let me rephrase it...no one is available for him. And he doesn't draw too well as it is. They wanna build toward Devon/Tim in the future but Tim has to get his name out there and start selling a bit more I guess.

Back
Top Bottom