Official March Madness Thread

While I agree, Mike's salt tonight is golden
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Congrats to Kentucky!

Going to miss Davis, whatever team he goes to is instantly going to be my second favorite NBA team. Love the kid's game. We'll see what Kidd-Gilchrist does.

Better believe Shabazz and Bennett looking at a bunch of Freshmen getting to the Final 4 in 2011 and then in 2012 winning the whole damn thing under Calipari.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

And I'd take the '09 UNC team over this team HankMoody
That UNC team won all tourney games by double digits AND covered the spread all six games too.

pimp.gif

The only team that could the this UK team is the 01 Duke team. People keep bring up those UF teams. When you think about it, UK and those UF teams are essentially the same team. What separates the UK team vs those UF teams is perimeter shooting. I'll take Lamb, Teague and MKG over Brewer and Green anyday, especially to make a big shot. I wouldn't give that 09 UNC much of a chance against the front line of 12 UK. The backcourts are even in my eyes. 12 UK would beat 09 UNC by 8-10 pts.

Sean May would eat UK's food
PG: Felton/ Melvin Scott

SG: McCants/ Jackie Manuel

SF: David Noel/ Reyshawn Terry

PF:Jawad Williams/Marvin Williams

C: Sean May

sick.gif

:cutthroat

Definitely some prisoner's of the moment right now. 01 Duke, 04 UCONN, 05 UNC, 09 UNC.. There weren't a lot of great teams this year. As good as Kentucky was, College Basketball wasn't particularly spectacular this year.

'09 UNC? Great team, they'd match-up so terribly against this UK team. I'd give their '05 team a much better shot.
'07 UF, '04 UConn, & '01 Duke much better match-ups as well. 

Laughing at some of these teams being brought up from the past. '96 UK would beat the crap out of every team mentioned.

Originally Posted by MBen32

'09 UNC? Great team, they'd match-up so terribly against this UK team. I'd give their '05 team a much better shot.
'07 UF, '04 UConn, & '01 Duke much better match-ups as well. 

How so? Davis is the obvious mismatch, but where are the other ones? Ellington and Lamb is a wash. Ty is better than Teague. MKG is better than Green. UNC still has some seasoned guys on that squad with Ginyard and Thompson. I don't see how they match-up "so terribly."

Originally Posted by soychulo

Laughing at some of these teams being brought up from the past. '96 UK would beat the crap out of every team mentioned.

And that has anything to do with the conversation going on right now
laugh.gif
?

Congrats to Kentucky

I have a feeling the girls game tomorrow will be better than this game

Hope Notre Dame wins, crush on Skylar is real 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Disappointed in Kansas tonight. Kentucky was definitely a dominate team, but the Jayhawks made the same mistakes too many times and never learned. Sloppy play when they were on the verge of runs didn't help either.

'96 Kentucky > All...And that probably doesn't change for awhile.

I still would have liked to see Ohio State, Kansas never stood a chance. It looked like the teams were in 2 different leagues out there.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

The only team that could the this UK team is the 01 Duke team. People keep bring up those UF teams. When you think about it, UK and those UF teams are essentially the same team. What separates the UK team vs those UF teams is perimeter shooting. I'll take Lamb, Teague and MKG over Brewer and Green anyday, especially to make a big shot. I wouldn't give that 09 UNC much of a chance against the front line of 12 UK. The backcourts are even in my eyes. 12 UK would beat 09 UNC by 8-10 pts.
1. You forgot about Humphrey, who was the best shooter on that UF team.  UF's perimeter shooting is better.  As far as frontcourt:  Noah / Horford / Chris Richard / Mareese Speights (if needed) would exploit this UK team's relatively thin frontcourt.

2. I don't know, I think Hansbrough, Stevenson, Ed Davis, Tyler Zeller (though injured) would be more than an adequate match for UK's frontcourt. 

3. 01 Duke, 04 UConn, 05 Tarheels, 07 Gators could beat this team.

Originally Posted by soychulo

Agreed, but the question limited the team to this century.

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

1. You forgot about Humphrey, who was the best shooter on that UF team.  UF's perimeter shooting is better.  As far as frontcourt:  Noah / Horford / Chris Richard / Mareese Speights (if needed) would exploit this UK team's relatively thin frontcourt.

2. I don't know, I think Hansbrough, Stevenson, Ed Davis, Tyler Zeller (though injured) would be more than an adequate match for UK's frontcourt. 

3. 01 Duke, 04 UConn, 05 Tarheels, 07 Gators could beat this team.

This... ALL of This.

UK better enjoy the win now because I'll bet in the next few months, something willl be dug up about the team & they'll have to vacate the wins & the championship...If anything Calapari has always been consistent...

blah blah blah everyone is expecting their title to get stripped.

When UCONN gets stripped for their '11 title then maybe I'll give credence to the thought that UK will eventually lose their title.

That memphis final four shouldn't have been vacated, the 2a's came in twice during that year and left saying that Pooh was eligible.

That was some bull $%$@

Just about every major program in college hoops has got shady dealings in one way or another....the * talk will happen with most winners of National Championships from salty fans.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Just about every major program in college hoops has got shady dealings in one way or another....the * talk will happen with most winners of National Championships from salty fans.

Yup, the holier than thou mindset that some fanbases portray is hillarious

Back
Top Bottom