Official Mavericks @ Rockets, 11/21 | 730 EST/430 PST !ESPN!

Originally Posted by kobefan88

And I hate this stupid Adelman offense. The players look so lost, and since we have no creators or capable playmakers, there's no real sense in employing a motion set.
laugh.gif
at raving about how Adelman's offense will take you to the WCF and now *****ing about it

it's the 12th game. these fans live in the moment. eventually it'll pay off. when we ran the offense, it got us a 16 pt lead. when tmac went outand the team became completely clueless, the mavs stormed back and we never got the momentum back.
adelman needs to change his substitution for tmac.DON'T REST HIM SO LONG IN THE 4TH. rest him to end the 3rd and play him the whole 4th.

Originally Posted by mjreborn

Well said franchise3, but I do differ on some points you made.

"but Luther Head needs to see more minutes"
I do agree, but he looks VERY lost in our offense. I don't think his natural spot is at the PG, and it's not very often he plays the SG position.

"T-Mac with a good efficient game though. "
Shooting percentage was horrendous. I'm among the biggest tmac fan you'll ever find, but his stats are misleading at times just by the numbers.
Can be good....can be bad.

"Devin Harris's speed"
I just hate him.

Wait, I just hate the Mavs. Period.
Head is the most consistant guard shooting the rock. Instead of putting him in when T-Mac is on the bench, and with Mike James, Adelman should startplaying him with T-Mac and Alston on the floor at the same time. He spreads the floor as again, he can knock down the long ball on a consistant basis. Wordto last year. Definitely more consistant than James and Alston, although, props to Rafer for finally having a good game. Mike James in crunch time just doesnot work. The reason being is, he can't run an offense. Dude dribbles himself into too much trouble.

T-Mac's shooting was off no doubt, but he made the game a lot easier for the Rockets on the offensive end. 12 assists tonight.
pimp.gif
With T-Mac on the floor, the offense runs better. Reason being is because likeI said in some other post, he does it all. He initiates the pick and roll. He can drive it. He can drive it and dish. He can pull up and shoot. As opposedto him not in the game where it's dribble it up, and dump it into Yao which is much easier to defend.

I hate this dude Devin Harris, too. There's just something about him I don't like.
laugh.gif

I
mad.gif
hate
mad.gif
when the Rockets lose to the Lakers or the Mavs.
mad.gif

I just hate because I know we can compete with Dallas, and we've been close or up most of the time, then blowing it when it matters.
IE the playoff series when we were up 2-0 and blowing it and losing the last game by a record amount of points.
It's the way we are losing, we've been losing the same way for the past couple of years. And as a huge true fan, it's getting to be irritating at times when you have a long losing streak and all games are winnable.

I agree 100%
Exactly. To be considered an elite team, you have to go up and handle your business against the best.

The Rockets time and time again have shown they can hang with Dallas, but they can never finish it off. It annoys the hell out of me. This game, the gameearlier in the season, the playoffs a couple of years ago.
mad.gif

i knew t-mac was gonna be rusty so i didn't really have high hopes, but how the hell did we let that big lead just go to waste.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Luther Head and Mike James need to switch roles on this team.

Adelman needs to start putting in Head sooner.

Alston - Head - T-Mac - Hayes/Scola - Yao

instead of

James - Head - Bonzi - Hayes/Scola - Yao when T-Mac is on the bench

Again, franchise3, you make excellent points.

Yao would NOT be averaging close to his numbers without Tmac.
Luther is the best shooter on the team period, but I think Adelman wants more out of him instead of idling around the 3 point line then hoisting it up when hegets a chance, so that's why I think he's lost in this offense.

I was furious when stevie franchise was traded. With steve in the offense, it's not going to be THAT much better.
Steve needs the ball to operate and be efficient, that means dribbling down the clock and breaking down the defense, which in turn can stagnate this alreadystuttering offense even more. I LOVE franchise's game, I just think it's not the best fit.

As much as I want to kick Rafer in the family jewels, he is the best fit at the PG position.
Mike James, I could careless what others say, takes shots away from both Tmac and Yao. Again, take your poison.

If we had won our past 5 games instead, we would NOT be having this conversation.
Like everyone says, winning covers up everything. The effort is there, but we will NOT be a top team in the NBA without the execution.
Pheonix, San Antonio and the frigging Mavs all can execute in the fourth quarter, and that's what separates them from us.

at raving about how Adelman's offense will take you to the WCF and now *****ing about it
I dunno who you're referring to, but I certainly never said that. I don't like the guy at all.

Adelman looks more lost than his players.

I was a huge JVG fan and I always believed defense is a champion's foundation more than offense.

These are JVG's players trying to fit in an offensive-minded Adelman's system.

Stupid.

The Rockets seem to have forgotten that defense is what has enabled them to even compete with the elite of the West.

I felt the same way about Adelman scoops, wrong players and wrong system, you can't make a player like that over night.

I still have faith in Adelman, I'm still hoping he can make us a real good offensive team. JVG's offense was attrocious.

Originally Posted by rocketzballa23

I still have faith in Adelman, I'm still hoping he can make us a real good offensive team. JVG's offense was attrocious.

this offense can still be done (see the movement/crisp passing in the 3rd). but b/c of the lack of playmakers and we only have tmac, when he sits out, thestagnancy of the offense returns. that's why ADELMAN HAS TO PLAY FRANCIS. in the suns game, he was pretty unselfish and looked to penetrate. we needpenetrators, not jackers at the PG position.
if he doesn't want francis to play w/ tmac at the same time, that's fine. but play him when tmac sits. we can't even get the ball to yaofor god sakes.

To Houston heads, when the Rockets games are on ESPN or TNT do yall still watch it from FSN or yall watch it on ESPN or TNT? Just wondering, because I stillwatch it from FSN.

eek.gif
This game was a nailbiter, but I'm glad the Mavs pulled it off at the end.
laugh.gif
At Stackhouse with the dunk at the end.

BTW, I'm a Mavs and Rockets fan but I put Mavs first. None the less, good game.

Have to agree with nyk buc. Steve seems to be the only player other than Tracy that can stay aggressive and penetrate and dish.

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

To Houston heads, when the Rockets games are on ESPN or TNT do yall still watch it from FSN or yall watch it on ESPN or TNT? Just wondering, because I still watch it from FSN.

eek.gif
This game was a nailbiter, but I'm glad the Mavs pulled it off at the end.
laugh.gif
At Stackhouse with the dunk at the end.

BTW, I'm a Mavs and Rockets fan but I put Mavs first. None the less, good game.

I have to go with ESPN, because I live in Florida right now, but i catch all the other games on league pass. Hate it when I have to listen to the otherteams announcers tho.

SHUGHES, I guess I'm not in your fave 5.
frown.gif
Nah, you're in. Just as long as your family doesn't call you "Pookie". Nobody in my 5 goes by the name of "Pookie".
laugh.gif

AJ23foLife757 wrote:Pretty Much summed it up for me. Except for you forgot about **** i mean Dirk Nowitzki.

I mentioned him. Dirk is Mr Softee. I think Zo started that with the whole ice-cream truck pic and all.
laugh.gif

Question for you guys, do you guys not like the Mavericks for any other reason than Devin Harris? Or is it because you have been losing to the Mavericks recently (not trying to be a jerk, I just don't see the blatant hate). I love going up against teams that give us a challenge, it's much more exciting.

I gave my reasons:
#1 Stackhouse. My hate goes back to when he beat up on little, defenseless Horny for no reason.
vs
Big, tough guy you are Jerry. No class. And that dunk to end the game tonight with the game over and NO ONE playing defense within a mile of you? Again, noclass.

#2 Dirty Devin Harris. Whiner. Dirty. Thinks he's tough yet always flopping. Enough said.

fullj.getty-76076145rw008_warriors_mavericks.jpg

Why couldn't Matt just "FINISH HIM" right here??

#3 Avery Johnson aka the Little General aka The Little !%+**%#

Shoot the BAWL Dirk!!
Dive on the FLOW Devin!!

capt.1d20efd435d4488b9feb8ba401921f58.mavericks_warriors_basketball_cata104.jpg

All the while stomping up and down the sidelines like he's in a marching band.
And with his new hairstyle, he sickens me even more.

#4 Mr Softee Dirk Nowitski
(this isn't the original Mr Softee pic btw)
durk_MrSofteePortrait.jpg

I actually liked Dirk's game in previous years. But this year, it's like his heart isn't in it. Dude is coasting imo. Look at his shooting numbersacross the board this year. All down. It's like that GS series last year killed his spirit.

#5 The owner

I actually used to be a big Cuban fan. And even still, I don't really hate him. But he sometimes comes off as the biggest putz in the L.
Just look at that smug fist pump.
mad.gif

#6 Josh. That sucker move in the pre-season...
smh.gif

Lately he's been trying to act super macho. I'm guessing Stack has finally got his hooks into the kid's brain.

A shame too. Cuz before that, I was high on dude's game.

#7 JET aka Baby Avery

fullj.getty-76075808th015_rockets_mavs.jpg

Put your damn hands down and go play some D. Always got his hands stretched out except for on D.

#8 Shawn Bradley aka the Beanstalk.

Mac and the Beanstalk

mcgrady-dunk.jpg

mcgrady.jpg

_41076471_mcgrady.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Nah, I'm just messing around with all that.

I still like JET and Josh. And I respect Dirk's game though I enjoy seeing him suffer at times. (Like when he kicked over the bike after that loss in theplayoffs last year I think it was.
laugh.gif
)

Still hate Devin and Stack though.

I just hate because I know we can compete with Dallas, and we've been close or up most of the time, then blowing it when it matters.
IE the playoff series when we were up 2-0 and blowing it and losing the last game by a record amount of points.
It's the way we are losing, we've been losing the same way for the past couple of years. And as a huge true fan, it's getting to be irritating at times when you have a long losing streak and all games are winnable.

That pretty much sums it up.
Steve needs the ball to operate and be efficient, that means dribbling down the clock and breaking down the defense, which in turn can stagnate this already stuttering offense even more. I LOVE franchise's game, I just think it's not the best fit.
Another excellent point.

Why is scola wack when tmac plays? And bonzi a non factor?
We got outscored 38-20 in the fourth. That's out problem 4th quarter execution.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

This will be a good game. Will T-Mac be playing? If not i see the Mavs winning by like 10. If T-Mac plays it will still be Mavs, but i say by like 3 points, maybe Rockets can pull this one out.

Without T-Mac: Mavs 102- Rockets 92

With T-Mac: Mavs 95- Rockets 93

or

With T-Mac #2: Mavs 89- Rockets 92

eek.gif
Look how close i was with the score.

laugh.gif
Alright SHUGHES, just making sure.

And just so you know, Jeff Hornacek is my favorite player of all time.
laugh.gif

I can see what you guys are saying, but I don't think you're giving us much credit on our defense in the fourth quarter.
frown.gif

I love Avery too, I guess it's just because he's my favorite teams coach, but he's not a jerk and doesn't make bonehead comments sometimes, heknows when we play bad, he knows when we play good, but doesn't let it get to his teams head. He will win a few championships as a coach, it's just amatter of time.

The Rockets don't want it with Dallas...

Hate Devin Harris all you want, but the kid is playing at a high level right now. He's absolutely giving it to dudes night in and night out. Thank Godsomeone finally took a shot at a guy on a fastbreak and sent a message. Devin Harris gets major props from me tonight for the two hard fouls he gave on easybreakaway buckets.
pimp.gif
That's the type attitude Dallas needs.

Dirk with a huge game tonight. Didn't score as much, but the man was involved and productive all night long. He showed a willingness tonight to get on theblocks and make strong moves, or to get the ball out on the perimeter and actually impose his will getting to the rim. It's a work in progress, butit's definately a good sign. If he can add that dimension and mindset to his game on a consistent basis, he's going to be unstoppable.

Josh had a big first half and went ghost in the second. People talking about Josh as the best player on this team need to slooooooow down. He's still justas inconsistent as anyone else on the team. He's still prone to that unproductive half when the team needs him most.

Where's my man that said Brandon Bass was a non-factor?
roll.gif
Get the hell outta here.The kid is going to be VERY good. He will be big for Dallas this year because he's finally a post man with some type of offensive skill set around the rim.He's long, athletic, strong...The kid is ideal for what Dallas needs behind Dirk.

This team finally starting to play with a little bit of swagger. That's EXACTLY what they need to be doing. Don't care if people wanna call it'fake toughness' or dirty. This team needs to be a little dirty. This team needs to be able to send a message with a hard foul. It'srefreshing, and it's the type attitude that has cost Dallas the last two years in the playoffs. Finally seeing that 'tough guy' mentality, even ifit is a bit phony, is extremely exciting as a Mavs fan.

Hate Devin Harris all you want, but the kid is playing at a high level right now. He's absolutely giving it to dudes night in and night out. Thank God someone finally took a shot at a guy on a fastbreak and sent a message. Devin Harris gets major props from me tonight for the two hard fouls he gave on easy breakaway buckets. That's the type attitude Dallas needs.

eek.gif
!!!!!!! I never thought I'd hear it!
wink.gif
The kid is amazing, last year when on fast breaks, he wouldn't make half of those layups near the basket,he's developed a three point shot, and he's AGGRESSIVE as hell. I didn't see any flops tonight, and if anything, a few calls against him thatshouldn't have, but hey, I'm not complaining.

This team finally starting to play with a little bit of swagger. That's EXACTLY what they need to be doing. Don't care if people wanna call it 'fake toughness' or dirty. This team needs to be a little dirty. This team needs to be able to send a message with a hard foul. It's refreshing, and it's the type attitude that has cost Dallas the last two years in the playoffs. Finally seeing that 'tough guy' mentality, even if it is a bit phony, is extremely exciting as a Mavs fan.

Watching this team night in and night out is exciting, they played horribly in the first half for two straight games, but played very nice in the 3rd/4thquarter. I said it before, and I'll say it again, the Mavericks this season have some of the best fourth quarter/second half efficiency I've ever seenfrom these guys, they usually collapse, not continue to play well into the fourth. It's funny, JET didn't play well, and Stack only played well in thelast two minutes, yet Devin is carrying us night in and night out, if anyone thinks otherwise, watch a Mavericks game, he's key to our victory. He had HUGEgames for us in the Playoffs in the 05-06 year. I'm COMPLETELY satisfied with the money we spent on him. He's shooting just below 50%, he's gettingto the line, and he's keeping us in games. Both of our losses have come when Devin wasn't playing the entire game (injury). We've yet to lose whenHarris plays more than 30 minutes, I'm liking our Mavericks team right now.

Where's my man that said Brandon Bass was a non-factor? Get the hell outta here. The kid is going to be VERY good. He will be big for Dallas this year because he's finally a post man with some type of offensive skill set around the rim. He's long, athletic, strong...The kid is ideal for what Dallas needs behind Dirk.

I agree, butttttttt, the dude took control of the game a LITTLE too much. I was getting excited, but he was going at Yao a little too much late in the game, hegot his, but he was just a TAD too aggressive. Once he gets a little more recognition in the L, I'll love his aggressiveness because he'll get a lotmore calls, his midrange game isn't too bad, and he's MONEY from the FT line, his release is so
sick.gif
but damn, it goes in!
eek.gif

A day off then begin another back-to-back, things looking real well for the Mavericks
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom