OFFICIAL MAYWEATHER V. PACQUIAO FIGHT THREAD | MAY 2ND @ MGM GRAND | HBOxSHOWTIME PPV

WHO WINS?

• PBF by Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manny by Decision

• PBF by TKO/KO

• Manny by TKO/KO

• Draw

• Don't Care....I just wanna see the hands delivered

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
sound like names for a dam video game :lol:

The creators of that Floyd and Manny vid lost all credibility after the first 30 seconds of each. :lol:

Forearm Crush? :rofl:

Pull Counter = Leaning Right? :rofl:

Left Hook = Slap Hook on the inside? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

High Guard = Triangle Guard? :rofl:

This is the stupidity that has befallen boxing.

-Drew

Last edited:
Repped! This is actually what I been saying to a lot of guys.

A lot of casuals focused on Pacquiao being a knockout artist, and since he hasn't knocked anyone out since Cotto.

They automatically conclude that he is over the hill and/or WAS juicing.

The fact is, while Pacquiao has not been able to land a perfect shot to knock people out, his power is still there.

He still rocked Mosley, he still rocked Margarito, Marquez was on his way to get knocked out if he didn't land that beautiful overhand, he was giving Bradley the business, even when Bradley was clinching, dipping & diving, he still rocked Algieri six times to the canvas.

Just because he hasn't knocked anyone OUT, doesn't mean he lost a lot of power.

I had the belief he was juicing bc who moves up from featherweight to lightweight then to welterweight and not lose any power or speed?

He had all of that from jmm2 to de la hoya. Forget him being labeled a ko artist and not recording any lately .

I need to understand how u make that jump. Especially when he fought a declined dlh he was heavier then dlh was th e night of the fight.

Thats why people think he has juiced bc honestly no ine has made that jump that quick that succefully and ko'ed his way to the top.

While he is talented you see this happen often where a gjy jumps only to find his power isnt respected at tje next level ie broner and swift to name quock examples (maybe bad ones lol ) nut it makes you think how else is this possible

Last edited:

A lot of casuals focused on Pacquiao being a knockout artist, and since he hasn't knocked anyone out since Cotto.

The fact is, while Pacquiao has not been able to land a perfect shot to knock people out, his power is still there.

He still rocked Mosley, he still rocked Margarito, Marquez was on his way to get knocked out if he didn't land that beautiful overhand, he was giving Bradley the business, even when Bradley was clinching, dipping & diving, he still rocked Algieri six times to the canvas.

I had the belief he was juicing bc who moves up from featherweight to lightweight then to welterweight and not lose any power or speed?

He had all of that from jmm2 to de la hoya. Forget him being labeled a ko artist and not recording any lately .

I need to understand how u make that jump. Especially when he fought a declined dlh he was heavier then dlh was th e night of the fight.

Thats why people think he has juiced bc honestly no ine has made that jump that quick that succefully and ko'ed his way to the top.

While he is talented you see this happen often where a gjy jumps only to find his power isnt respected at tje next level ie broner and swift to name quock examples (maybe bad ones lol ) nut it makes you think how else is this possible

You realize Floyd and Manny jumped weights similarly correct?

If you're going to be critical of Manny, you have to be critical of Floyd as well.

-Drew

You realize Floyd and Manny jumped weights similarly correct?

If you're going to be critical of Manny, you have to be critical of Floyd as well.

-Drew

This is actually very true also.

They both started fighting at 106lbs. But the fact is, Pacquiao also did fight a lot of these guys at catch weight.

He didn't necessarily have to move up weight as much as his opponents had to lose weight.

Take De La Hoya for example, dude fought at a catch weight, but we all know his walking weight is like 170+lbs.

Manny's walking weight is like 140-145lbs. He didn't have to drain himself, which would have caused him to lose a lot of power against these bigger guys. (To the guys that compete in any type of Martial Arts fighting, yall know what I'm talking about)

Like I said, in my honest opinion, I actually didn't think Pac was on PEDs. #kanyeshrug

I love boxing all together, I like Floyd, I been watching Floyd since I was in middle school. But I think he was just shooked and came up with that BS excuse.

Last edited:
Like I said, in my honest opinion, I actually didn't think Pac was on PEDs. #kanyeshrug

I love boxing all together, I like Floyd, I been watching Floyd since I was in middle school. But I think he was just shooked and came up with that BS excuse.
IMO, you're automatically called into question if you refuse additional drug testing, and thats just principle to me. Replace Pac's name with any boxer who refuses additional drug testing, I am automatically going to suspect them of some shady ish.

Same way my employer would look at me if I tried to refuse some unannounced drug test.

i don't get it either... you're in the prime of your career and about to make the biggest payday in your career and you dont take the fight because of a drug test? You don't know how stupid that sounds! My employer would think it was a joke if I refused a drug test and just let me go just off principle if i refused

Last edited:
I'm just sayin, you ever seen someone not  on drugs stress about a drug test? Yea, me neither.

IMO, you're automatically called into question if you refuse additional drug testing, and thats just principle to me. Replace Pac's name with any boxer who refuses additional drug testing, I am automatically going to suspect them of some shady ish.

Same way my employer would look at me if I tried to refuse some unannounced drug test.
Yall still arguing about this? :rolleyes If I called you a fatass and then we go have a fatass contest and then I go and hire your nutritionist and person trainer that made you a fatass, dont you think that'd be highly questionable and hypocritical of you?

Works both ways b....

Yall still arguing about this? :rolleyes If I called you a fatass and then we go have a fatass contest and then I go and hire your nutritionist and person trainer that made you a fatass, dont you think that'd be highly questionable and hypocritical of you?

Works both ways b....

so where are these fights floyd turned down because of testing?

you ever think he hired him just for insight?

nah that makes too much sense

Im sure manny had a perfectly good reason :rolleyes

Works both ways b....

Insight? :lol: He's been with Floyd since the 2nd Maidana fight :rolleyes

Nice try b...

Yall still arguing about this?
eyes.gif
If I called you a fatass and then we go have a fatass contest and then I go and hire your nutritionist and person trainer that made you a fatass, dont you think that'd be highly questionable and hypocritical of you?

Works both ways b....
Not arguing, just stating my opinion. 

And I don't care who your trainers are, that's all speculation IMO. The second Floyd refuses random blood tests, or any type of drug test, regardless of trainer, he'll be called into question as well.

Only people nervous of drug tests, are drug users. Pretty simple logic 

And I don't care who your trainers are, that's all speculation IMO. The second Floyd refuses random blood tests, or any type of drug test, regardless of trainer, he'll be called into question as well.

yea I don't get what's so hard to understand

yea I don't get what's so hard to understand
It's funny how yall put so much credence on these drug tests.

Lance took a more stringent one than what these guys are doing and passed it with flying colors for over 10 years.

Are you guys even aware the highly questionable stuff Ariza has done? Why in the world do you think Pac was being accused in the 1st place? :lol:

Anyways, this drug test talk has been beaten to death. Believe what you want to believe. But don't be so naive & hypocritical

Last edited:
I thought Pac eventually agreed to testing? and they were hung up on when the testing would be done

iirc Manny agreed to day after and May wanted it day of?

correct me if Im wrong

So would you question Mayweather after he refused VADA as opposed to USADA doing the random drug testing? During the negotiations of this fight Pac proposed to use VADA as opposed to USADA and was forced to concede to USADA because Floyd didn't want VADA testing at all.

You know the difference between the two organizations?
Both do random blood testing but USADA informs the boxing promoters of the test results NOT THE BOXING COMMISSION. Whereas VADA updates their their system and gives the results to BOTH THE BOXING COMMISSION AND THE FIGHTER.

VADA was well established in blood testing protocols before USADA was even conceived AND HAS HAD A BETTER TRACK RECORD OF CATCHING CHEATS.

Not to mention USADA has had a history of trying to hide Morales' positive test results and have FLAT OUT REFUSED to reveal 3 of Floyd's test results ON THREE SEPARATE OCCASSIONS.

Now tell me, with this new info, will you be more objective in terms of Pac being accused of PED usage when he has submitted all of his required blood tests to the Nevada State Boxing Commission and question the motives of Floyd?

Info is all here: http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-boxing-news/the-ped-mess-part-two

i don't get it either... you're in the prime of your career and about to make the biggest payday in your career and you dont take the fight because of a drug test? You don't know how stupid that sounds! My employer would think it was a joke if I refused a drug test and just let me go just off principle if i refused

See my response above.

Works both ways b....

See my response above.

Works both ways b....

See my response above as well.

You guys should read about topics much deeper than what they show you on ESPN or other mainstream sports networks. Objectivity is something to have a good hold of when it comes to boxing because the public is easily duped by those that don't read between the lines.

As I've said before, Floyd and Pac were both in a ways good and HORRIBLE for boxing and so called "boxing fans"

This whole PED situation actually shows who are actual fans of the sport and not just the fighter.

-Drew

Last edited:
You can't say pacquiao was cheating without somehow saying Floyd was cheating apearantly

It's called having a level playing field and being a fan of a sport, not a fighter. :lol:

Check my post right above this.

-Drew

It's called having a level playing field and being a fan of a sport, not a fighter.
laugh.gif

-Drew
Those are interesting points, but again, speculation. 

From what I can tell, Floyd has been loyal to those, whom have been loyal to him. He brought  blood testing using USADA testing mainstream to the sport; why would he suddenly use VADA at request of a B-side, whom a few years ago was "afraid of needles?"

I will concede it does look questionable, not releasing drug test results. But again, that is all  speculation. 

What isn't  speculation is a refusal of random blood testing being a sticking point to a fight being made. That's not speculation or theory, that is proven action taken by a fighter. I can speculate all day about what Ariza does, Floyd's 3 drug tests results that were never revealed, but we'd get no where. Maybe one day it won't be speculation and it will be proven Floyd is a PED user himself. Who know's?

Speculation, and what we know are two different things. Floyd didn't turn down the biggest prize fight in boxing history over drug tests.

But like someone said above, this drug thing has been beaten to death. We all have our opinions. I am just happy the fight is actually a reality 
glasses.gif

It's called having a level playing field and being a fan of a sport, not a fighter. :lol:

-Drew

Those are interesting points, but again, speculation. 

From what I can tell, Floyd has been loyal to those, whom have been loyal to him. He brought  blood testing using USADA testing mainstream to the sport; why would he suddenly use VADA at request of a B-side, whom a few years ago was "afraid of needles?"

I will concede it does look questionable, not releasing drug test results. But again, that is all speculation. 

What isn't speculation is a refusal of random blood testing being a sticking point to a fight being made. That's not speculation or theory, that is proven action taken by a fighter. I can speculate all day about what Ariza does, Floyd's 3 drug tests results that were never revealed, but we'd get no where. Maybe one day it won't be speculation and it will be proven Floyd is a PED user himself. Who know's?

Speculation, and what we know are two different things. Floyd didn't turn down the biggest prize fight in boxing history over drug tests.

:lol:

Floyd didn't turn down the biggest fight that boxing will ever see because Manny conceded to using the organization that Floyd wants to use which has had a track record of not only hiding his test results but other boxers as well.

This same organization were the same shady people that witheld the 2nd round of test results of Erik Morales before he fought Danny Garcia. They only wanted to release the results AFTER THE FIGHT AND GUESS WHAT? MORALES TESTED POSITIVE. :lol:

You mean to tell me Floyd is all about cleaning the sport of boxing when he would rather use the shadier organization as opposed to one that was already well established years before and has had a record of catching cheats???

The funny thing is Manny was the one that pushed for VADA testing AND asked for the 5million dollar penalty for anyone caught with banned substances in their blood. :lol:

You would still give Floyd the pass? :lol:

Only on NT. :lol:

-Drew

Last edited:
its like talking to a wall.. they just dont get it so im a let it go... anyway im looking forward to watching the upcoming fights on NBC oh wait im not a fan of boxing just a fan of floyd and pac :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom