Official Mayweather vs. Mosley Thread: Legacy Defining

Originally Posted by bigdanes14

Mayweather is afraid of Pacquiao. How come Mayweather didn't request Mosley to do Olympic Stye blood testing?
nerd.gif

pure genius.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Floyd is my favorite athlete of all time but he has to beat Pacquiao, Cotto/Berto and Williams to be anywhere near a GOAT discussion.

??????

Hats off to Pretty Boy Floyd, hopefully he just cleans house before he thinks of hanging them up.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by bigdanes14

Mayweather is afraid of Pacquiao. How come Mayweather didn't request Mosley to do Olympic Stye blood testing?
nerd.gif

pure genius.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Blind Pacman supporters. The worst type of fans out there.

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

So basically the reason why Pacquaio won't fight PBF is because he doesn't want to feel like he's following his orders?
He knows that this would be the biggest fight of his career so why not just fight him.
BTW, PBF> Pacman
smokin.gif

By the same token, why does Mayweather have to go beyond what the commission already has as standard. I mean, the fight was set in stone for March until PBF wanted something else.

Mentally, I wouldn't be surprised if this had to do with more of an ego thing with PBF. Regardless of the paycheck, Manny is content with his winnings already and dude is straight humble about most, giving back to his people. Who the hell smiles up to the ring?

Mayweather knows how to sell a fight. Period. Once Mayweather, gets a 1 in the loss category, his promo style, legacy will forever be tainited at least in in his mind, no? All I'm saying is, there's so much heat for Manny not taking a drug test, why not just ask PBF to just fight as he would prior his demands.

I just want to see it happen. Last time I checked, Manny is the reigning champ.

Idk bro, there is no right or wrong answer to this whole Manny/PBF debacle. If you say "Maybe Floyd is afraid of  Manny, that's why he's doing it" then maybe you're right. If you say "What clean athlete would deny the test and a possible $50 million dollars" they maybe you're right. We don't know. 'Cause at this point, the only way that fight is getting done is if Manny takes the test.

And though I am intrigued by a possible PBF/Manny fight, I am more intrigued by a Paul Willams/PBF fight. I think he poses the biggest threat.

After what I saw Saturday though....I mean, for a while I thought that there's nobody out there !%%+%%+ w/ Floyd. But now? I KNOW.
Save the "Oh, Shane is washed up" blah, blah, blah. Dude has a chance to make up for some of the "ducking" or whatever you wanna call it. I just hope he does it.

Can yall people that obviously don't follow boxing stop making flat out false comments please...

The fight was never set in stone.

I dont get all the lol'z about him being best ever.

Besides him anr rocky marciano who else had a long career and went undefeated like this??

Ali should have had about 15 losses but got a lot of fights handed to him by the judge and hes called the best for being flamboyant.

My top 3 in order are tyson, roy jr, mayweather.

I feel like tyson could have been the best ever and he kept out of trouble and drugs and all that, roy coulda been more, and may is almost untouchable.

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

Besides him anr rocky marciano who else had a long career and went undefeated like this??

Ali should have had about 15 losses but got a lot of fights handed to him by the judge and hes called the best for being flamboyant.

I feel like tyson could have been the best ever and he kept out of trouble and drugs and all that, roy coulda been more, and may is almost untouchable.
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No SRR? Greb? Armstrong? Charles? Moore?
Hell not even SRL?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Hats off to Pretty Boy Floyd, hopefully he just cleans house before he thinks of hanging them up.
Yes, Please

and to the people sayin, "o the commission has its own set of rules, why should Floyd or anyone ask for more testing" ... the testing right now is a complete joke and only  true ObamaRiders refuses to see it.  We already seen many fighters test positive and be implicated in PED usage. do we really need a "Game of Shadows" and a senate hearing to recognize theres a problem in boxing. are yall that *#%%%@$ stupid?

I bet the same people who dont want the testing for Manny are the same people who villified Major League baseball for not implementing a stricter testing policy sooner than it actually did.

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

Dude there's a reason Mayweather has been accused of ducking people. I don't know if it's true or not but the fact of the matter is he has not fought a lot of the top fighters in his weight class. How can you be considered the GOAT if you don't even prove yourself against the top competition? There are soooo many possible fights that could've happened with Floyd but for whatever reason they've never happened.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Idk bro, there is no right or wrong answer to this whole Manny/PBF debacle. If you say "Maybe Floyd is afraid of  Manny, that's why he's doing it" then maybe you're right. If you say "What clean athlete would deny the test and a possible $50 million dollars" they maybe you're right. We don't know. 'Cause at this point, the only way that fight is getting done is if Manny takes the test.
Exactly.

the people who keep sayin may ducks people and so and so can beat him are blind.

Like somebody said earlier he is in a lose/lose always.

He faught shane and people sayin he shulda won shane is old, if he fights pac people gon say pac dont respond well when getting a needle the day of the fight, when he beat everybody else its always "hes supposed to"

Money may isnt the youngest guy out anymore either so if he loses to somebody can we use that as an excuse? Oh hes 33 and faught 41 fights already he should lose?

I'm starting to realize that a lot of the perception that Floyd ducks fights is based on the fact that dude is a smart, brash Black Boxer at the top of his game, takes his business into his own hands and has been tremendously successful. In a lot of ways he is snubbing everyone in the traditional boxing infrastructure. He is his own boss and has taken promotion of his events to a new level without the help of the traditional gatekeepers of the sport.

The only fighter I can say that he legitimately "ducked" was Magarito and that's not because he was scared or that he would have lost (as we can see from the Shane fight he wouldve gotten destoyed) but because it was a smart business move. Floyd is building a PPV brand and look at how succesful that has been.

People say he should have fought Shane 5 years ago...but let's think back to 2005. Floyd didnt even get his first PPV event until the second half of that year. Shane was the big dog headlining fights with Nando and decling Floyd the oppurtunty at the big stage. May had a chip on his shoulder at that time and was coming out singing at whoever HBO put in front of him...Chop chop, Sharmba, Ndou. When he fought those guys they said he should be fighting Marquez, when he dominated Marquez...he was too big and was ducking Shane. When he fought Shane, Shane was too old.

Arum has never wanted to put Cotto in the ring with Floyd. That fight has never really been in serious negotiations, so Im trying to understand where this ducking title had come from. Granted Floyd hasn't gone out of his way to make fights with Punisher when he was at 145 and he turned down 8 mil for a Maragrito fight...but don't all boxer have to snub some fights during their career?

Is the perception that Floyd ducks fights based more on the fact that he rubs the media the wrong way, that he handles his own biz without getting fleeced for millions, that he's a defensive fighter and doesn't take many risks in the ring or that he is proving to be on of the very few boxing success stories?

Boxing is built on drama, rivalry and inevitable failure. So far Floyd hasnt even been knocked down 1 time in 41 fights, no dramaics because he has been so much better than his competition..Ali got old and battered, Sugar Ray almost lost his eye and millions on a coke habit, Iron Mike is a tragic opera. Do people just need to see Floyd humbled in and out of the ring before they really stand up and cheer like they did when he got rocked in round 2, Saturday night?

Abrasive and boisterous, I understand. Overly cautious boxing style , I understand...but can someone point out all of these ducking incidents? Who has he ducked that called him out?

Boxing is built on drama, rivalry and inevitable failure. So far Floyd hasnt even been knocked down 1 time in 41 fights, no dramaics because he has been so much better than his competition..Ali got old and battered, Sugar Ray almost lost his eye and millions on a coke habit, Iron Mike is a tragic opera. Do people just need to see Floyd humbled in and out of the ring before they really stand up and cheer like they did when he got rocked in round 2, Saturday night?

I think that's when the boxing public will finally ease up on him.
I might not like his personality, but I'd be lying if I didn't think he was a great fighter.

Pacquiao (and maybe Williams)
is the true test.
A prime fighter that has looked on fire for quite some time now.
If he beats Pacquiao, I'll have him in the top 25-20 of all time.

Haze, its semantics, he hasnt fought the top 147 lbers, whether the money wasnt right or whether he didnt want to deal with Bob Arum, for what ever reason fights havent been made.

Right now there's
Pac, Pun, Mac, Shane, Sergio, Cintron & Berto, theyre all out there, whethere they want to really fight Floyd or not is not known there are quality opponents out there and Money to be made

If he wants to dispel and repel any label of him ducking (percieved or real), start there

I think Manny is doomed if he does, and doomed if he doesn't.

As of right now, there's a lot of, 'If he's clean, then why doesn't he take the test' cloud that people are putting over him. Which is a reasonable question.

If he agrees to the testing (doubtful considering the egos of Pac and his whole camp not wanting to succumb to Floyd's 'demands'), but if he does, and loses, which is a good possibility, people are going to look at his loss, coupled with the testing, and the, 'See, this is what happens when he's not on anything' statements will come out.

Either way, Manny should just man up and take the tests, pocket the 30-50M, and if he wins, not grant a rematch and just retire, leaving Floyd with that -1 on his record. Perfect way to go out.

So far Floyd hasnt even been knocked down 1 time in 41 fights,
Twice. Judah put him down (just wasnt correctly called a kd). And that first one his glove just touched the mat.
Right now there's
Pac, Pun, Mac, Shane, Sergio, Cintron & Berto, theyre all out there,
Fixed. PBF/Pac is the only bout that matters. You have seen the last of MAC at welterweight.  I can see Berto/Shane matching up next.

Back
Top Bottom