**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

Beyoncé changed the game with the Surprise album. Cole, Drake, Kendrick and Meek have used a similar formula.

It you have a solid fan base, you can win going that route. The old months and months of promotion thing is kinda dated.

In this instant gratification, following and wanting to be a part of something era....it makes sense to drop a surprise album, or one with only weeks of promotion.

Once an album starts trending, you can rack up sales and streams. No slow burners. Most of the consumption of the album will be within the first week.

Man, for years I was saying this about Def Jam and the way they were benching Jeezy with the pump fake singles. They had inept management and left money on the table. Same thing with Jada. They just put The Roots and Ghost out, and they should have done the same with some of their other artist.

Jeezy had a solid fan base where he would have at least gone gold back then...and 300 or 400 now. They wasted five good years of Jeezy and only put out one album.

its crazy how majority of you think meek sucks hes not the best rapper not even the best out of philly but i cant say the bars werent there on this album but i know exactly what it is tho its that you guys dont know allot of the things hes talking about so yall hate but im pretty sure he didnt market this album towards you guys that listen to that soft *** rap lol btw meek would destroy joe buddens corny *** :lol:

you can front if ya want meek is the hottest in the game right now im not even a big meek fan but being from philly i watched him come up and i respect his hustle

What is there to not get? He sold drugs, he has money, he did a bid, he has a bad woman, has haters who he will kill. Its not rocket science. I like the album (listening to it right now) but nothing mind blowing or difficult to comprehend is going on here.

I think this album not leaking helped with the sales but if Meek's fanbase is 90% hood folk, why are they spending their hard earned money to purchase the physical?

Maybe we need to admit that Meek is one of the hottest rappers in the game. One of the few rappers than can sell out the stores...

dipsetgeneral dipsetgeneral
Hoodfolk don't mean broke bruh [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Street ******, drug dealers and scammers all idolize son for his IG flossing. Every local rapper and scammer in my city got chains like his, go on Golden sun IG and look for yourself. As long as he gets the latest luxury whips and buss down roleys he will have that audience.

True man

Get Em Barbz. I didn't know he was going on tour with Nicki and had 4 million followers. Had I known that, I would have expected 160-180. Her fans love him and the relationship.

It's weird he's going out with her.

Two entirely different fanbases. I can't see a Meek fan wanting to see Nicki or Tinashe, so it only benefits him. As quickly as he gained those fans, he can lose them though :lol:

Last edited:
Wait so Meek outsold Nicki as well??

Dudes album sale numbers are on conspiracy status now :lol:

Also :smh: at the notion of dropping Wale. Dude had a better album than Meek regardless of sales

Wait so Meek outsold Nicki as well??

Dudes album sale numbers are on conspiracy status now
laugh.gif

Also
mean.gif
at the notion of dropping Wale. Dude had a better album than Meek regardless of sales
To be fair his first album had good numbers as well if I recall correctly and this is definitely a step up from that.

He built a very large following on social media and his relationship with Nicki obviously got him a lot more fans as well.

I wouldn't doubt if a large portion of his sales came from Nicki fans.

Even here in Belgium where I literally don't know a single person who knows Meek Mill, quite a few people who love Nicki are now talking about and listening to Meek. Mostly girls even, people I'd never expect to listen to Meek.

Last edited:

Meek further shows he doesn't want it bar for for with Budden, he seems hesitant to call him out on wax. they just were talkin smack back and forth. but what happens when Budden sends a shot his way? :nerd:

The Joe Budden podcast just dropped. I'm going to listen in a bit but he did say he was going to address the Meek thing and "Apologize"

roll.gif

roll.gif
Ramen Noodles.

Meek further shows he doesn't want it bar for for with Budden, he seems hesitant to call him out on wax. they just were talkin smack back and forth. but what happens when Budden sends a shot his way?
nerd.gif
That was a great interview. Definitely made me respect him more.

Troy Ave could learn some lessons on how to act like a reasonable person

Oh yeah he called in to Hot

Peter is so corny with his shots he tries to send to people. I wish he could be voted out of hip hop.

Meek doesn't want it lyrically, just like he didn't want it with Cyssero or with Cassidy.

The I have more money than you only gets you so far.

Last edited:
Ppl gas'n MEEK up like the did with ROSS after B.M.F dropped but ROSS can make good rap songs...MEEK is a 1 trick pony he has 1 type of flow dude is not interesting at all & besides that he seems super arrogant & he talks like he's a super OG out the hood MEEK looks like the type of petty hustlin type dude that stand on the block all day & all he could buy is a WHITE T & a HOT PLATE....Nobody hating on MEEK but this dude is a Cornball.....MEEK nose wide open behind NICKI you can see it all in his face it's not a problem to show your woman LOVE & AFFECTION but this dude is in duck city right now...

Last edited:

Joey didn't even seem serious about it, Meek took everything out of context calling him corny. nowadays you can't be honest about thing without people getting mad.

Joe Budden @JoeBudden
Ken still @ it huh.....

:rofl: :rofl: Meek about to get bodied on wax

Last edited:
Ken :wow: :rofl:

I watched the Meek interview. Talking mad **** about Joe, saying he's not worth it. He hasn't accomplished anything. Then talks about his money. Why not make a song then if you have so much to say? Meek looking real wack.

Listened to Joe's podcast. No reason to apologize. He said it was jokes, not that serious. Would like a diss track though.

Joe did tweet he was in the studio putting finishing touches on his own album so we might be getting a response... Joe is not the type to shy away from a rap beef. he's been at with the likes of Jay, The Game, Lloyd Banks, 50 Cent so it's a possibility.

Listened to DWMTM for the first time this morning omw to work and I enjoyed it. LBeen that N, bad for u, and stand up are nice

lol at him saying he would send Safaree a verse for a discount if he asked for one. That Breakfast Club interview was pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom