**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

Bizzaro world man :lol:

Hov and them looked down on Zay and Gucci 10 years ago....

What a time :lol:.

Two GOATS though :smokin

??? When has Hov ever looked down on southern Beats??? He helped sign Jeezy & Ross and Skated on there instrumentals several times. Now as for Gucci that's a whole other story.

Cats gotta stop revising history... During that Era when Zay & Gucci were heating up it was rare you found someone hating on the production... It was OVERWHELMINGLY ****** mad at people getting good production and plastering the **** with trash lyrics & simplistic hooks.

??? When has Hov ever looked down on southern Beats??? He helped sign Jeezy & Ross and Skated on there instrumentals several times. Now as for Gucci that's a whole other story.

Cats gotta stop revising history... During that Era when Zay & Gucci were heating up it was rare you found someone hating on the production... It was OVERWHELMINGLY ****** mad at people getting good production and plastering the **** with trash lyrics & simplistic hooks.

No YALL got "revisionist history"

Jeezy, Ross, Tip and Wayne were "acceptable" southern rappers.

Then you had the Rappers like Gucci and Boosie who were looked down on by the hip hope elites when those guys were heating up.

Jay "looked down on southern beats" but remixed (albeit terrible) Juvenile's "Ha"

Waits for the "He was D riding juvie"

I swear every thread has the same conversation :lol:

Y'all country _s got battered wives syndrome :smh:

Last edited:

Then you had the Rappers like Gucci and Boosie who were looked down on by the hip hope elites when those guys were heating up.

Post proof of Jay-z looking down on Gucci mane

Post proof of Jay Z looking down on anybody. This n_ collaborated with artist from all over since his debut album. Gucci was the one with Jay Z **** in his mouth I chalk that up to Jay's relationship with Jeezy and him wanting Jay to acknowledge him during the early parts of his career.

Last edited:

You right some people did look down on Gucci and Boosie but what did JAY say about them?

Jay-Z has never been as blatant or as big of a wave rider as Drake. Dude created his own category of nut hugging. New rappers that pop have to immediately decide if their gonna acknowledge a Drake co-sign and allow him to take your song and remix it or basically just steal it totally.

Drake wave riding rather other artist or athletes is next level. This ***** ain't been to a raptors game all season but follows the dubs wherever they go. And we don't even gotta touch on his wave riding of other artist. I watched that video with him and 21 and this ***** doing gun signs with his hands and **** :lol:. Like cmon man u ruining the video trying to hard.

So basically the rappers who were making the Best music in the south?? .... Newsflash NYC wasn't ****** with wack nyc music either.

Dudes be stretching the **** out of this narrative like NYC never messed with southern rap at all. surely it wasn't dominating our clubs & local radio but people still messed with what they thought was Hot out of the south. Whether that be Kast, Master P/ No limit, Face, Cash Money etc etc.

Cats like Gucci & Boosie may get a lil more support here than they did a few years back, but it still ain't gonna be like the love a Jeezy or Ross get up here because in the grand scheme of things they made better music (or atleast Wholeheartedly in the eyes of most of NYC)

Cats who got "looked down upon" were cats who people thought weren't making good/classic records. Why is that a knock on us for not respecting ****** who weren't showing skills at making memorable records.

The height of that negative rep towards the south came at the height of the "Snap" movement & the tail end of the Houston Mike jones wave. ****** were resentful at the trash records getting attention as they should have been. Yet Wayne, Tip, Jeezy, hell even Luda were gettig HEAVY love during the same time.

Dog is cringeworhty as they come. Just wish more of these _s had gumption like Kodak. If u ain't putting me on your album and cutting that check get the **** out my face and stop stick riding

So basically the rappers who were making the Best music in the south?? .... Newsflash NYC wasn't ****** with wack nyc music either.

Dudes be stretching the **** out of this narrative like NYC never messed with southern rap at all. surely it wasn't dominating our clubs & local radio but people still messed with what they thought was Hot out of the south. Whether that be Kast, Master P/ No limit, Face, Cash Money etc etc.

Cats like Gucci & Boosie may get a lil more support here than they did a few years back, but it still ain't gonna be like the love a Jeezy or Ross get up here because in the grand scheme of things they made better music (or atleast Wholeheartedly in the eyes of most of NYC)

Cats who got "looked down upon" were cats who people thought weren't making good/classic records. Why is that a knock on us for not respecting ****** who weren't showing skills at making memorable records.

The height of that negative rep towards the south came at the height of the "Snap" movement & the tail end of the Houston Mike jones wave. ****** were resentful at the trash records getting attention as they should have been. Yet Wayne, Tip, Jeezy, hell even Luda were gettig HEAVY love during the same time.

Man....idk why you're SO defensive :lol:. Step back and read what I said for a minute.

1. I never said "NYC" looked down on artist like Gucci, Zay and Boosie. I said..."the hip hop elites". This includes guys like Kanye and the GOOD Music fam....I've ALWAYS given Hov his credit for being hip to southern rap. So you don't have to school me. I'm talking specifically about Gucci & Zay...and even Boosie.

2. Proposition Joe Proposition Joe said when he first heard "so Icey"....he thought it was the dumbest **** he heard. That was th sentiment around back then for Gucci Mane. 10+ years ago when he started out.

Plays Boosie "what about me"

:pimp:.

I just feel like if quintet miller and the rest of the tent ain't got a Ferrari it's suspect as hell.

Man....idk why you're SO defensive :lol:. Step back and read what I said for a minute.

1. I never said "NYC" looked down on artist like Gucci, Zay and Boosie. I said..."the hip hop elites". This includes guys like Kanye and the GOOD Music fam....I've ALWAYS given Hov his credit for being hip to southern rap. So you don't have to school me. I'm talking specifically about Gucci & Zay...and even Boosie.

2. Proposition Joe Proposition Joe said when he first heard "so Icey"....he thought it was the dumbest **** he heard. That was th sentiment around back then for Gucci Mane. 10+ years ago when he started out.

Plays Boosie "what about me"

:pimp:.

Kanye's favorite rapper is Ma$e now Ma$e far from trash but i don't think that's the first cat that comes to an elitest mind. not to mention this ***** is CONSTANTLY experimenting and trying to destroy the perception of what hiphop "should" be so idk if Ye is the best example of this.

(One of Drakes main "OVO" ghost writers)

"Yo Drizzy what's on the schedule for today fam we locking in the studio or what I got some fire for you some new reference material"

(Drake) "I'm heading to the dealership in a few about the cop 21 savage a rari"

(GhostWriter) "Damn for real y'all tight like that ?"

(Drake) "Yea I never met em before but I **** with him the long way that's my brother he talk that street ****, he make that murda music, u know I love that **** that slaughter your daughter type riddim u know me love dem tings.

(GhostWriter) well ok cool umm.. I got these tracks when you ready. Also I been meaning to talk to you about our arrangement I've written about 23 tracks you over the past year or so 9 of them made the album/mixtapes but I haven't received any type of real money for any of them and my financial situation not looking too good right now. I think it's time we start to discuss real compensation for all I've done

(Drake)
View media item 2229727

Last edited:
I don't understand that **** at all.

Even with all his success, Drake still a wanna be down *** *****.

Deep down inside wishes he was a Jewish Dominican with Jamaican roots from the heights that sells all the coke and shot a couple n_s in his lifetime who also can dance bachata better then everyone spits more fire than Kendrick with swag like Cam and voice of prime R.Kelly

Last edited:
I don't understand that **** at all.

Even with all his success, Drake still a wanna be down *** *****.

Deep down inside wishes he was a Jewish Dominican with Jamaican roots from the heights that sells all the coke and shot a couple n_s in his lifetime who also can dance bachata better then everyone spits more fire than Kendrick with swag like Cam and voice of prime R.Kelly

:lol:

*Zo.gif*

"Yo Drizzy what's on the schedule for today fam we locking in the studio or what I got some fire for you some new reference material"

(Drake) "Yea I never met em before but I **** with him the long way that's my brother he talk that street ****, he make that murda music, u know I love that **** that slaughter your daughter type riddim u know me love dem tings.

(GhostWriter) well ok cool umm.. I got these tracks when you ready. Also I been meaning to talk to you about our arrangement I've written about 23 tracks you over the past year or so 9 of them made the album/mixtapes but I haven't received any type of real money for any of them and my financial situation not looking too good right now. I think it's time we start to discuss real compensation for all I've done

(Drake)
View media item 2229727
***** ain't bought none of his artist whips :lol:. Makonnen probably had a Honda mini van

(Drake)
View media item 2229727
You painted a vivid picture , I bet this is EXACTLY how it goes down weekly at OVO headquarters :lol:

Back
Top Bottom