Official Memphis Grizzlies 2011-2012 Season Thread

Love suspended for Wed.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Can't make the FINALS if your not in the playoffs.

Just saying.
nerd.gif
wink.gif
Son, we have 41 games left in the season and only 2 games back from the 5th seed. You are banned from speaking any kinda trash until your team redeems itself from last year's playoffs. 

This teams offense is horrible to watch.. Hollins needs to make it more uptempo, why does it always take him eons to make adjustments, dude is mad stubborn, prolly a better college coach than NBA IMO.

Josh Davis playing good mins..
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Grizz played pretty bad and still won. 
laugh.gif

I really don't understand why the ENTIRE team is shooting so badly. Shooting in the mid 30's every game is just 
sick.gif
 . Most of the time when we do shoot a higher percentage, its because of points off turnovers and Marc scoring in the paint. You would have to think they will start shooting around the mid 40's again.

Also, ZBO was out on the court before the game looking good 
pimp.gif
. He didn't favor his knee and had no kinda brace or anything on. He was just on crutches a few weeks ago. 8 weeks will be March 2nd @ Toronto, but I think we are going to hold out til the next home game on March 3rd against Detroit. 

14-11 with ZBO out. 4th hardest schedule in the league. No Arthur.

That's realistic and better than most people give credit for. As far as ZBO returning, I've heard after the allstar break, March 2nd or by March 7th. Whatever it is, he's coming soon and we are in good shape for the playoff race. Take care of business tonight and we could be either in the 7th or 8th spot depending on what the other teams do.

OJ has been stinking up during this homestand and it seems like he's not apart of the team again. I thought he turned the corner a few weeks ago, but I guess I was wrong. Either he's back on the trade block or we just let him go in the offseason

I forgot to mention, all alone in sixth place. Not much separation from the competition, but still.
pimp.gif

I really dislike Pargo and Pondexter out there though.

I really dislike Pondexter.
Pargo...I just think he needs time. You can sometimes see he has the tools to be a good backup PG. He just has those moments where he goes Russell Westbrook and completely messes up an offensive possession. Being that he's much less talented than Westbrook, it makes thing worse.
laugh.gif
 He's learning on the fly in a tight season, but I'm seeing SOME improvement. I'll give him til the trade deadline, which is what I think the team is doing anyway.

This dude Pargo doesnt like to pass at all
laugh.gif
.. But he's mad aggressive.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 OJ kept them in the game 

Whats the difference between OKC and Memphis?

They both have some relatively young talent. Is the difference that they don't have dependable scorers like KD and Westbrook

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by PMatic

Memphis doesn't have stars that the general public will gravitate towards.

Rudy Gay just needs to be more consistent with his talent TBH he should be able to put up Durant numbers
Well if Rudy got as many calls as KD, he could put up 25+ a night. There are times when he attacks the basket constantly, but no fouls are called. 
I'm really ready to get the big fella back. Speights is coming into his own and moving him to the 2nd unit would do wonders. 

Also, I'm hearing that Sessions is available for a pick 
nerd.gif

0-8 vs. SAS, OKC and UTAH kinda hurt in a way. If we split (taking those 2 against Utah and winning 1 apiece against the other two teams), we are 23-11. 
Either way, I'm happy about being 19-15. ZBO coming back very soon and its going to definitely improve our bench. Pondexter is finally coming along well with his hustle, Battier-istic 3's from the corners and defense. A bench with OJ, Pondexter, Cunningham, Speights and Haddadi is nice. Also, I liked the zone we played against Philly last night with Marc and Haddadi in. That should be used come playoff time depending on the matchups.

Getting ZBO back would be improve the team FG%, rebounding, scoring and depth, which is pretty much our only struggles. The backup PG position is the only big question. Come playoff time, I think we use OJ as the backup and keep the rotation tight with Conley, TA, OJ. Let Pondexter get minutes at SG/SF, Cunningham at SF/PF, and Speights at PF/C. One thing you can say is that we are a lot more versatile this year.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Chris Wallace said Z-Bo might be back by the middle of next week.

So...right after allstar? 
laugh.gif
 1st game is Wednesday. I'm still thinking they hold him out for the home game vs. Detroit.

Back
Top Bottom