Official Memphis Grizzlies 2011-2012 Season Thread

Good win.
We looked like the team we saw at the end of last season and in the playoffs. 

Marc 20pts, 8rebs, 5blks. He's been playing great so far.

Zbo got it going. The minutes looked good tonight. OJ with 30, TA with 17. That's how it should be EVERY game. OJ was aggressive even though he cooled down in the 2nd half. Pargo looked great again even after being in foul trouble. Impressed with Selby as well. He knows how to finish in traffic. The more he plays, the more confidence he will get. Maybe the Conley injury was a blessing for him.

laugh.gif

From Stein:

Toronto and Miami were also known to be chasing Fesenko along with the Mavs when the 25-year-old chose Golden State, but one source close to the process said Friday that the Raptors have withdrawn from the chase. Another source said Friday that the Memphis Grizzlies also have interest in the 7-foot-1, 290-pounder, but the Grizzlies' 15th and final roster is reportedly reserved for the re-signing of Hamed Haddadi

Hopefully, Memphis release Davis and sign Fesenko and HH. That would solidify the frontline til' the deadline if the team decides to make a move.

Do it.

Been following Fesenko for a couple of seasons since he played with D-Will. He's effective defensively but is reportedly lazy and a knucklehead.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Do it.

Been following Fesenko for a couple of seasons since he played with D-Will. He's effective defensively but is reportedly lazy and a knucklehead.

Hollins should be able to fix that.
CAGrizBlog:

Grizz just announced they've signed center Hamed Haddadi.

pimp.gif
 Welcome Back Haddadi!

I was expecting a bad loss without Conley and Zbo on the road to a great home team, but not this bad. Its like the team literally gave up when Zbo went down.
The good news it that Zbo should be playing Wednesday. Win on Wednesday vs. Sacramento, and 2-3 isn't bad after facing SAS, OKC and CHI. 

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Ya'll got served.

Good game.
Basically this. Its like we played like the Harlem Globetrotters and the Grizzles played like the Washington Generals
pimp.gif

Is Zach Randolph going to play tomorrow?

$10 bet on the game, anyone?

I'm not sure if Zbo is playing or not. I keep hearing that the MRI showed a bone bruise and that was it. He's listed day-to-day and I think the Grizz are going to play it on the safe side by keeping him out til Sunday against the Lakers. I would like to have him out there tomorrow night because of Love, but that's probably not going to happen.
Not too confident on winning tomorrow night without him though. Depends on if guys off the bench can step up like they did tonight (OJ and Sam). 

@ESPNSteinLine Just going up on ESPN online: Grizzlies in advanced talks to acquire big man Marreese Speights from Philly in three-team deal w/Hornets
@ESPNSteinLine Trade, on course to be completed Wednesday, would send Speights to Grizz, Xavier Henry to Hornets and furnish Philly with two future picks
102410522.jpg

Good luck to X.

I hope Speights can bring it for 12-15 minutes a night.

Edit:

John Hollinger's profile of Speights:
MARREESE SPEIGHTS, C

Projection: 19.2 pts, 11.2 reb, 1.6 ast per 40 min; 16.03 PER | Player card

• Excellent midrange jump shooter with fairly quick release. Shoots every time.
• Big build, may need to lose weight. Decent rebounder. Unmotivated defender.
• Short for a 5 and slow for a 4. Unbelievably bad at taking charges.

Well, he can certainly shoot it. Speights shot 41.5 percent from 10-to-23 feet last season, and that's no fluke; he's put up similar numbers in previous seasons. He also finishes well around the basket, showing a nice touch when he catches in close. Averaging 18.7 points per 40 minutes, scoring is not his problem.

Instead, it's the other stuff. Synergy graded Speights as a strong defender last year, but subjectively he's still terrible -- he had one of the highest foul rates among big men; he had low rates of blocks and steals; and he's not terribly motivated to offer help. Using more advanced techniques, like the regularized adjusted plus-minus shown here, he was still a below-average defender -- he just played a lot of minutes with the Sixers' best defensive unit overall. Finally, he is perhaps the worst player I have ever seen at selling a charging call. He's actually trying in this area, so you feel for him a bit; he just has no thespian skills whatsoever.

Offensively, he's not in the clear, either. Speights can score, but that's pretty much all he does -- he shoots nearly every time and is getting a rep as a selfish player. Those weaknesses left Speights on the fringe of the Sixers' rotation, even though he's clearly talented. Getting in better shape would help, too, but the worry is that the lockout will send his conditioning in the opposite direction.

I've learned to never judge a trade right when it happens. Never know how the guy is going to play on a new team with better players.

One of the wings had to go for a big man. I'm just glad we got it done. Hopefully, trading Henry away won't come and haunt us in the future. He may or may not end up being a good player. Seems to be very injury prone.

Am I the only person who thinks this is not as bad as it seems? Its bad news, but as long as he's back before April, the team will be ok.
Losing Zach is not as bad as losing Marc. Being that guys like Rudy and Zach carry the team scoring load, feeling the void for either player is not the toughest task in the world. Losing someone like Marc, who is the heart of the team, makes everyone better, etc. would be more of a bigger loss. We saw how terrible the team looked in preseason without him.

Bringing in Speights should be able to help for the time being. I think the guys know they have to step up with Zbo out and I'm sure it will happen. Rudy seems to play better when Zbo is not on the court. The Grizz are going to have to play more small ball and use their aggressive style to force turnovers. 

I've always wondered how this team would be without Zbo for an extended time, looks like we are about to find out.

Back
Top Bottom