Official mental health and group therapy thread. Get it off your chest

One thing to remember at all times is that Life is long.  You will have ups and downs.  Especially when you are down just remember time can heal those wounds that are so difficult in the present. 

Last edited:
I have a gambling problem. I just gambled away 2,000 dollars today for no reason. I'm having a hard time just walking away from the table when down.
eyes.gif
...sort of in the same boat, but how good does it feel when u win?!

when u win, u can't get enough and when u lose, you say "I'll never do this again"

.....in the span of the last month, I won over about 20K from sports betting....

....as of yesterday, I was left with 130$
laugh.gif

....i can seriously laugh tho, and say it was great while it lasted(IMO keep ur "gambling money" aside from your "lifestyle money, NECESSITIES,ECT"

honestly, just learn from your mistakes, it's really an addiction full of hi's and lo's, you just need to learn not to get over your head and stay within your means(i've seen friends and family hurt)....trust me.
damn son.......thought me blowing 6k profit was bad lmaoo

but the best thing to do is to take a break.......currently in a mini one now because I just don't have time to cap games like I did this summer....hate betting blind

probably bet 14 games a week at the most

I have a EXTREME jealously of all my friends. It seems in freshman year I gathered the All Stars of Friends.

I have the best Senior Mass Comm, Best Rotc Cadet, Best Computer Engineer, and Mechanical Engineer. While I'm just a regular or lowly Bio Student. I'm not the best in anything :smh: . I feel asleep on the couch and woke up and meet the schools all-stars. This crap has given me a inferiority complex with school work. Especially that one of them has photographic memory so he can read a text book and say it back to me word by word.

I have a EXTREME jealously of all my friends. It seems in freshman year I gathered the All Stars of Friends.

I have the best Senior Mass Comm, Best Rotc Cadet, Best Computer Engineer, and Mechanical Engineer. While I'm just a regular or lowly Bio Student. I'm not the best in anything
mean.gif
. I feel asleep on the couch and woke up and meet the schools all-stars. This crap has given me a inferiority complex with school work. Especially that one of them has photographic memory so he can read a text book and say it back to me word by word.
Be yourself and be happy you have friends that have high potential. Don't worry about keeping up. Find your own path and work hard at that.  They will respect you and value your friendship if you do.

Young, I'm still in college
19-25......it sounds a little like maturity issues to me, everyone matures at diff. ages. part of it is facing the good and the bad with the same 'face' (in my opinion). 

when your enduring something you do not like, figure out why....if you cant get yourself out of it, in the end you will probably learn more from that situation anyways. my .2

but then again. it could be a mental disorder. consult a professional 

Last edited:
Be yourself and be happy you have friends that have high potential. Don't worry about keeping up. Find your own path and work hard at that.  They will respect you and value your friendship if you do.
I know they respect me. Hell half of them DEPEND on me otherwise they would have dropped out if I didnt cover their ***** or talked them out of some ****. It just sucks when your sitting at the table and people know them as the best in the deparment.

Everyone calls them the smart ones and teachers are constantly telling them good job. I got a 90% last week, no one said good job to me :smh: .

This is the same crap from highschool. I ended up hanging with the schools top 20 students and there was me. |I

I have self esteem issues beyond belief

Last edited:
damn son.......thought me blowing 6k profit was bad lmaoo
but the best thing to do is to take a break.......currently in a mini one now because I just don't have time to cap games like I did this summer....hate betting blind

probably bet 14 games a week at the most

...I couldn't stop if i wanted to LOL...the guy i was betting with(I've known for yrs and trust em)...I would post the $$$ up front....after winning like 5 in a row(about 12K, just from him, not counting "the site")...I thought "he sucks, I can do this for ever)

...u know the rest.

irony at it's finest...after last night I bounced back...got that 130$ back up to 2800$ :lol:

"why try to fit in when you a standout"​
Didnt hear this from Budden but I literally told myself this when I was a Junior in HS.... as a youngin I tried sooo hard to fit in.

I was either to "White" to kick with the Latino kids or to hood/Latino to kick it with the white kids.

When I finally accepted myself,told myself that, figured I never fit in my whole life so why start now .Found out that not everyones gonna like you, after that I was way happier and confident in myself then ever.

Well, my story-
I've been suffering from OCD & panic attacks since I got out of high school. They force me to stay basically home ridden. I cant go in cars or in stores i don't know what to do at this point. i start to feel as if i'm gonna die like i'm going to have a heart attack and it makes me hyperventilate and just physically cripples me in a sense.
I've gone to doctors blood pressure is fine, heart rate is good i'm only 21 a little over weight but nothing life threatening at all. i know i'm not gonna die my doctors have assured me i'm not even close, but its like my mind wont let me believe it! It tortures me. It's like i'm trapped in my own mind fighting a unwinnable battle against myself all day. I feel like i just can't take it anymore. I've gone to therapy, classes, hypnotists etc etc etc and nothing! Everything only slightly helped and for a short time. Now my only options seem to be pills but i'm not gonna allow myself too so i'm screwed.
I'm pretty against pills, but a lot of the time, they're necessary. I know some people with OCD that cannot live anywhere close to a normal life without pills. So try other things but if you gotta take pills, don't be ashamed.
I just lost my best friend to a heroin overdose on November 3rd. He was like a brother. We grew up together. Skateboarding, chasing girls, and just enjoyed each others' company. We had the same exact personality and sense of humor, where we could just clown on everyone and everything including ourselves for hours on end, just laughing and laughing.
A week before he passed, he asked me to be his best man at his wedding. I still haven't fully accepted what happened. Having someone call you to say you need to get to the hospital to say goodbye and then being faced with the reality of seeing your boy on life support knowing within hours they're going to pull the plug is some HEAVY stuff. This was a huge loss for me and one I'll probably never recover from.
I honestly never knew he used. The weeks prior to his OD I did notice a subtle change in his behavior. I even suspected pills or something, but needles? Didn't even cross my mind. He was a good looking, confident dude with a decent job and a sweet girlfriend/soon-to-be wife. Had a lot of things going for him.
I'm sorry you've struggled with addiction man. I salute you for having the strength to get clean and congratulate you for your 44 days of sobriety. I too suffer from depression/anxiety and believe my friend did too so I can relate.
Man, I'm so sorry for your loss. You can't blame yourself, at all; junkies and addicts in general turn into some of the best liars. My parents didn't even know I was using until I told them I needed to go to rehab. I hit a low bottom and my parents had no idea, they just felt something was wrong... the same way that you felt. I can't even imagine how you're feeling right now, but thank you for posting. I need to hear things like that to remind myself how my friends and family would feel if that happened to me.

Are you from Boston? I know that there is a huge problem with OCs/ painkillers and heroin out there. I've talked about it a lot, but almost every one I know that started messing with OCs recreationally ended up doing heroin at some point. And I'm talking about dozens of people like your friend. Smart, good-looking people who weren't from poor families. Big Pharma did us really dirty, man. I'm looking into being a drug counselor after I get some more clean time under my belt because addicts in general are a very large and misunderstood population.

I have weird dreams sometimes. Usually they involve me and my dad. Sometimes I am trying to beat the **** out of my dad, sometimes he is trying to hurt/kill me. Its really weird and really uncomfortable feeling.

My dad and I never had a bad relationship, him and my mom were always married, but we were never really close until my mom passed away in 08. Since then we have developed a pretty close relationship. I HATE having these type of dreams.

I have weird dreams sometimes. Usually they involve me and my dad. Sometimes I am trying to beat the **** out of my dad, sometimes he is trying to hurt/kill me. Its really weird and really uncomfortable feeling.
My dad and I never had a bad relationship, him and my mom were always married, but we were never really close until my mom passed away in 08. Since then we have developed a pretty close relationship. I HATE having these type of dreams.
dreams are crazy ish to explain. im a 'religious' person so i use what the book tells me about dreams......but i believe psychiatrists can help with that too....(or maybe i got the profession wrong)

I feel like I was borderline depressed a couple of months ago. I lost my father and grandfather to cancer in an 8 week span this summer. All the while, I am a recent Berkeley grad, have applied to many jobs, yet no one wanted to give me an interview. I'm starting to feel better about it now, though. I just want a job so I can move out and go on to the next step in life.

Hey bro I hope you've had some luck since you posted this. I also go to Berkeley and I know if you leverage yourself enough, you'll find something. Also never take for granted that you went to the best public university in the world. Better than our friends at other top schools like UCLA, UCSD, Michigan, UNC, etc. And I can't say much about ur losses because it's not easy to relate but keep grinding to make them proud.

Also don't know what field you're in but a friend told me that DC has tons of jobs for college grads. Might want to look into that especially since CA and the bay area still sucks right now for non CS and engineering people.

Last edited:
I feel like I was borderline depressed a couple of months ago. I lost my father and grandfather to cancer in an 8 week span this summer. All the while, I am a recent Berkeley grad, have applied to many jobs, yet no one wanted to give me an interview. I'm starting to feel better about it now, though. I just want a job so I can move out and go on to the next step in life.

Bear graduate as well [fist pump]; Hang in there bro...the market is tough but Berkeley still holds some weight. I am sorry about your loss and my words are not going to make it any better but be strong - your pops and grandpops would want you to be strong, so do it for them.

*Drunk POst*

Dealing with depression/anxiety, I recently read in a book that intimacy is a big factor in relieving these unwelcomed feelings. But my prob is, and I assume many others is consistintly having that and when loosing it or not getting no where (in a drought) could drive one to even more anxiety/depression; thus meaning the search for that factor has its pros and cons being, the feeling of defeat when you fail...Idk maybe Im just an OD sex addict lmao

Does anyone else have a hot temper? Any tips besides counceling?

I've tried the whole talking/expressing, breathing and meditating... And although it does does work and feel good at the time. As soon as something trigger my emotions, I see RED!

Annnnddddd... I know I made a thread about this a long time ago but I didn't get any real answers, it just became a humble bra thread. But how much sex is to much sex? I mean, when does it become OD in regards to wanting it all the time?

Last edited:
Does anyone else have a hot temper? Any tips besides counceling?

I've tried the whole talking/expressing, breathing and meditating... And although it does does work and feel good at the time. As soon as something trigger my emotions, I see RED!

Annnnddddd... I know I made a thread about this a long time ago but I didn't get any real answers, it just became a humble bra thread. But how much sex is to much sex? I mean, when does it become OD in regards to wanting it all the time?

Buddhism...

I get nervous when I have tp speak for 5+ more minutes as well. I really have no helpful advice for this though.
I used to have this problem back in high school. See, the thing it wasn't was stage fright. I was a class clown/douchebagg so attention wasn't my problem. My fear was incorrect information and being called out on it. Eventually I got to senior year and was like screw it. I overcame it during the end of junior year, senior year I was fine. Now its back and it's my 3rd year in college. I go on the day of presentations, and 9 times out of 10 I ace them. I just get really nervous because now it is stage fright. Oh well. I still don't care anyway lol. 

Yeah, I suffer from panic attacks a lot.
I been on xanax for more than 16 yrs now.
Its gotten to the point where my anxiety has gotten me depressed and doc got me on 2 more meds for anti-depression.

This is what i want to avoid. having to always take pills. Do they work for you?

Last edited:
I get nervous when I have tp speak for 5+ more minutes as well. I really have no helpful advice for this though.
In all seriousness, accept the fact that you will be nervous. I had to take a couple communications courses that were presentation heavy and that was probably the most useful piece of advice I received. You just know the situation, accept it, and simply get it over with.

But something else you can do is "misdirection." If you are doing a PowerPoint or something, make it an attention grabber. Speak to it, survey your audience every now and again, and just get through it.

Above all of that though. REHEARSE and REPEAT! Its cliche but the point is to make this thing a muscle memory.

*Drunk POst*

Dealing with depression/anxiety, I recently read in a book that intimacy is a big factor in relieving these unwelcomed feelings. But my prob is, and I assume many others is consistintly having that and when loosing it or not getting no where (in a drought) could drive one to even more anxiety/depression; thus meaning the search for that factor has its pros and cons being, the feeling of defeat when you fail...Idk maybe Im just an OD sex addict lmao
We're men, we are supposed to fail every now and then.

Thats how we become great.

Back
Top Bottom