Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

lQ2EZ.jpg

Sad Perk is Sad

Originally Posted by MR RASKATRIPAS

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by toine2983

Like a little kid on Christmas.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Im surprised he didnt break down. Probably hasnt really hit him yet.
as much as i wanted to see the thunder win it lebron really showed that he wanted it way more he was hungry i seen it ever since they were down three 2 and he had
that great game against the celtics can anybody find that pick when he had the grizzly face on

Originally Posted by Al3xis

- LeBron's the best player on the planet. If you didn't think so before, you know so now. An all time season from start to finish. 
- He torched OKC from the elbow/post all series long. Just murdered them from that spot. Yall wanted a post game, here you go. Maybe the best thing that happened to Miami was Bosh going out and in turn, it turned Bosh into their Center upon his return and LeBron basically continued playing a point/power forward operating within the 3 point line. 

- On that note, why was James Harden left out there to die? Or, if not - OKC just sent constant doubles at him. Can't do that. I blame Brooks, but I thought superstars were supposed to 'demand' defensive assignments, right? Or not? 

- OKC will be back. Too good, too young and too much experience they will gain to not be. Interesting to see what, if any, moves they make. Westbrook has to keep playing his game, on that team - it is needed and he's a game changer. He was the only player that could consistently get in the paint and as of right now he seems to be their best post player. Ibaka needs to get better at everything basically since Perk is just kind of taking up space and in this particular match up (which we might see again) Bosh can take him away from the rim. Durant needs to do more than shoot the basketball, he's an all time great scorer already but I don't see enough from other aspects to think he can go head on with LeBron right now and win - LeBron was a different animal this series and Durant couldn't match it. Lastly, OKC's offense is always the sticking point with Russ/KD and shot distribution but you're not winning a Finals playing team defense like that. 

- James Harden's act - hopefully stops. Guessing this guy is going to turn into everyone's new favorite annoyance in the NBA if not. The flopping, the celebration after hitting 1 out of every 10 shots, the mohawk and beard. Just stop and get back to %#!$*$+ playing basketball like you can. 

- Credit to Spoelstra. A no win situation. He got OKC into the match ups he wanted by not playing Anthony/Turiaf. (playing small favored them, not OKC) - re-inserted Cole into this series and he responded. Flipped and flopped with Miller/Jones and it worked. And there was no reason to go away from LeBron in the post and he didn't. 

- Wade actually showed up and made plays this series. Kudos to him, made an excellent sidekick (seriously). And the rest of the supporting cast. 

Yup. 
pimp.gif
I agree with every word, couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Congrats to Lebron James. He earned it. I've watched dude grow up before my eyes, and honestly - I'm happy for him.
Respect man 
pimp.gif
This.

Def. wasn't easy on the Cavs fan, but props for those who can still be happy for him.

shout out to lebron and the heat...

the kid grew up before our eyes this postseason, he answered all of his critics and overcame all of the obstacles in the postseason.

awesome nike ad.

much respect to dwayne wade for realizing that he needed to be number 2 to lebron.

the king has a ring.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by juicyju

laugh.gif
Originally Posted by AEA18

Thunder in 4.

It amazes me that people actually believe that James, Wade, and Bosh can beat the whole Thunder team by themselves in a 7 game series.

Heat don't even have a legit center. Is LeBron gonna rotate to Durant then guard Westbrook and Harden.

Looks like he will be playing a full 48 minutes all 4 games.
laugh.gif

Durant
Westbrook
Harden
Ibaka
Perkins
Sefolosha
Fisher

vs

LeBron James
Dwayne Wade
Chris Bosh
Udonis Haslem
Mario Chalmers
grin.gif

Joel Anthony
laugh.gif

Shane Battier
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mike Miller
roll.gif

James Jones
roll.gif
roll.gif

Norris Cole
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
lka;jkldfjakf fasfsdfpn
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Congrats to Lebron and the Heat, He deserved it this year... Buddy put in WORK.

Hopefully my Bulls will bounce back in the next 2 years...

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Al3xis

- LeBron's the best player on the planet. If you didn't think so before, you know so now. An all time season from start to finish. 
- He torched OKC from the elbow/post all series long. Just murdered them from that spot. Yall wanted a post game, here you go. Maybe the best thing that happened to Miami was Bosh going out and in turn, it turned Bosh into their Center upon his return and LeBron basically continued playing a point/power forward operating within the 3 point line. 

- On that note, why was James Harden left out there to die? Or, if not - OKC just sent constant doubles at him. Can't do that. I blame Brooks, but I thought superstars were supposed to 'demand' defensive assignments, right? Or not? 

- OKC will be back. Too good, too young and too much experience they will gain to not be. Interesting to see what, if any, moves they make. Westbrook has to keep playing his game, on that team - it is needed and he's a game changer. He was the only player that could consistently get in the paint and as of right now he seems to be their best post player. Ibaka needs to get better at everything basically since Perk is just kind of taking up space and in this particular match up (which we might see again) Bosh can take him away from the rim. Durant needs to do more than shoot the basketball, he's an all time great scorer already but I don't see enough from other aspects to think he can go head on with LeBron right now and win - LeBron was a different animal this series and Durant couldn't match it. Lastly, OKC's offense is always the sticking point with Russ/KD and shot distribution but you're not winning a Finals playing team defense like that. 

- James Harden's act - hopefully stops. Guessing this guy is going to turn into everyone's new favorite annoyance in the NBA if not. The flopping, the celebration after hitting 1 out of every 10 shots, the mohawk and beard. Just stop and get back to %#!$*$+ playing basketball like you can. 

- Credit to Spoelstra. A no win situation. He got OKC into the match ups he wanted by not playing Anthony/Turiaf. (playing small favored them, not OKC) - re-inserted Cole into this series and he responded. Flipped and flopped with Miller/Jones and it worked. And there was no reason to go away from LeBron in the post and he didn't. 

- Wade actually showed up and made plays this series. Kudos to him, made an excellent sidekick (seriously). And the rest of the supporting cast. 

Yup. 
pimp.gif
I agree with every word, couldn't have said it better myself.
Especially the stuff about Harden.
tongue.gif

If you noticed, the first thing he mentioned when he got interviewed after the game was that he made a difficult decision in leaving Cleveland. I mean, dude knew and he was willing to accept the criticism that came with that. But he did what was best for him, and nobody in Northeast Ohio can knock him for that.
I mean, dude grew up here and he knows what it's like to be from here. He still has fam here, his friends, eighty81 crew, Rich Paul, etc. At the the end of the day, he won it for himself and his teammates - and my Miami people don't take this the wrong way - but he really didn't do for the city of Miami. It was for himself. And I respect that.

Congrats to Lebron James.

LeBron solidified himself as the best player in the NBA, if he didn't already. His all-around game just can't be denied.

The Thunder will be great still but I still think they're too much of a jump-shooting team to win a title, especially if it's against a team like the Heat. Westbrook, KD, and Harden are all awesome scorers, but in my opinion they're missing a pass-first PG that could help stabilize the team. Maybe that means trading Harden or Westbrook, maybe not, but it's still important for them to get a good/decent distributor. I feel they rely too much on isolations and unbelievable shots by Westbrook and Durant.
If OKC can't win one in the next 3 years the spotlight may just get off LeBron finally and get on KD to win one.

Three quick thoughts after the Heat defeated the Thunder 121-106 in Game 5 on Thursday to win their second championship and the first for LeBron James ...

• Crown King James. The title represents something of a validation for James -- who had 26 points, 11 rebounds and 13 assists in Game 5 -- though he never needed as much validation as the howling critics would have had you believe. This is a player who dominated Boston, Detroit, Chicago, Washington, Orlando and others in high-stakes postseason performances over the half-decade before this magnificent playoff run. He failed in the Finals last season -- badly -- against Dallas, but his résumé was never just one of a "choker." It was spotty, filled with massive crunch-time heroics and a few unacceptable meltdowns -- including one prolonged collapse on the game's biggest stage.

But he has long been the NBA's most polished player, and in this series, he corrected the only blemish on his record by dominating the only playoff round he had yet to command. He grew into some unholy combination of point forward and power forward, grabbing rebounds, dishing assists all over the floor, guarding every position and contributing Hall of Fame-level production even when his jumper wouldn't fall. He scored at least 30 points in 13 of Miami's 23 playoff games, including in 10 of 12 games beginning in Game 4 of the conference semifinals against Indiana -- the team's first playoff pressure point. He finished the playoffs with a stat line -- 30.3 points, 9.7 rebounds and 5.6 assists per game -- nearly unrivaled in the modern NBA.

The noise can cease now. The 2011 Finals don't vanish, just as the 1984 Finals never disappeared from Magic Johnson's record. But James can now take his place without argument among the very greatest players of all time.

• It wasn't just LeBron. The Heat polished off the Thunder in fitting style, flashing both the long-honed skills that got them within two games of the title last season and the new ones that pushed them over the top this time around. Oklahoma City never found an answer for one of these newly refined elements: James' post-up game. James picked apart the Thunder with passes for layups (to Chris Bosh, who had 24 points on 9-of-14 shooting) and wide-open threes (to everybody, but especially to Mike Miller, who overcome a pile of injuries to make seven of the Heat's record-tying 14 three-pointers and score 23 points on Thursday).

The Thunder showed a hard trap on James, but they didn't commit to making it hard enough or early enough, and the rotations behind it were lacking. James and Dwyane Wade (20 points) also scored easy baskets at the rim via off-ball cuts, something each has had to do more of on this star-heavy roster. And when those initial traps forced Miami to shift the offense away from James' post game, the Heat went back to their old bread-and-butter: high pick-and-rolls, cross-screens under the rim and plays in which one player comes jetting off a series of picks in the corner.

Miami also brought the same swarming defense that has been taking opponents away from preferred options for two seasons. The old and the new -- the classic and the improved -- brought the Heat their championship tonight.

• Oklahoma City fizzled. The Thunder were game in this series and generally kept scoring efficiently, but their defense was not ready for four tough playoff rounds. It broke apart in the Finals and simply collapsed with the season on the line in Game 5. They miscommunicated in transition and in their rotations against James' post-ups and every pick-and-roll that the Heat ran. Too many Miami possessions ended in easy looks, and with Oklahoma City players shrugging and pointing at each other, unsure of who was supposed to be where. It was a collective failure, one exacerbated by the fact that they had no good matchup for James. Coach Scott Brooks probably didn't help with some curious rotation choices, including playing center Kendrick Perkins too many minutes and staying with big lineups when it was clear they were not working. But the Thunder have nothing to be ashamed of, especially after blitzing the Spurs and ramping up their defense over the final four games of that series. They will be back.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...t-thunder-nba-finals/index.html#ixzz1yV1QUJ47

If you noticed, the first thing he mentioned when he got interviewed after the game was that he made a difficult decision in leaving Cleveland. I mean, dude knew and he was willing to accept the criticism that came with that. But he did what was best for him, and nobody in Northeast Ohio can knock him for that.
I mean, dude grew up here and he knows what it's like to be from here. He still has fam here, his friends, eighty81 crew, Rich Paul, etc. At the the end of the day, he won it for himself and his teammates - and my Miami people don't take this the wrong way - but he really didn't do for the city of Miami. It was for himself. And I respect that.

Very well put Animal Thug. Agree wholeheartedly.

I'm glad he got what he wanted, but man, hearing him talk about Miami & the fans, I just couldn't help but imagine what that woulda been like back here in Cleveland with our fans.

agreed....the eighty81 crew are down there now livin it up
pimp.gif

Word. 'Congrats Lebron' trending in Ohio, too earlier. Props all around.

I missed the game due to my sister's graduation but congrats to the Heat.
Shane Battier, Mike Miller and Ronny Turiaf get their rings. 
pimp.gif

And that LeBron guy too. 

^%&% dude is living the life. 27 years old with a house on the beach, living in miami, nba champion...

awesome.

Here's what happens to OKC in the coming years:

- Thunder sign coach Brooks to extension
- Harden signs elsewhere
- Westbrook gets fed up with coach/team and demands trade, which is granted
- Durant enters free agency in the year 2015 and is the first signee of the Seattle Supersonics and their return to the NBA.
- OKC has hard time filling arena now that all the stars are gone and Clay Bennett is forced to sell the team or declare bankruptcy.

Ahhhh...The circle of life.

Good stuff.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Here's what happens to OKC in the coming years:

- Thunder sign coach Brooks to extension
- Harden signs elsewhere
- Westbrook gets fed up with coach/team and demands trade, which is granted
- Durant enters free agency in the year 2015 and is the first signee of the Seattle Supersonics and their return to the NBA.
- OKC has hard time filling arena now that all the stars are gone and Clay Bennett is forced to sell the team or declare bankruptcy.

Ahhhh...The circle of life.
eek.gif
roll.gif
That truly can happen. Damn, that would be crazy

Back
Top Bottom