Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

I'm watching the "Flu Game" and just happen to realize how stacked the Bulls were.
Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, and Ron Harper in his starting five. Nobody seemed to mind that.
LeBron goes to Miami to team up with a 6'3" shooting guard and a soft 6'10" forward witth no post game, and he is hated for stacking the deck.
Nobody back then complained about Jordan getting Rodman and Harper to come play with him & Pippen
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention they had arguably the best coach in the game.
All everybody does now is talk about how LeBron sold out and went to play with other stars.

Its amazing to see the difference in mindsets in just a 15yr span. All these cry babies today is pathetic.
Karl Malone didn't complain about having to face Jordan and that All Star team.
Malone had Stockton, Hornacek, Ostertagg, and Russell to battle Jordan and the All Stars.
LeBron brings his squad to the arena and people today act like he has Magic, Dr. J, Bird, Pistol Pete, Jerry West, and Olajuwon coming off the bench.
I hope with a passion the Heat win this series and King James gets his first rings.
And this is coming from a Mavericks fan who hated the Heat for crushing our title run in '06.
Jordan never left his team and franchise even when he was losing.
grin.gif

I'm watching the "Flu Game" and just happen to realize how stacked the Bulls were.
Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, and Ron Harper in his starting five. Nobody seemed to mind that.
LeBron goes to Miami to team up with a 6'3" shooting guard and a soft 6'10" forward witth no post game, and he is hated for stacking the deck.
Nobody back then complained about Jordan getting Rodman and Harper to come play with him & Pippen
All everybody does now is talk about how LeBron sold out and went to play with other stars.

Its amazing to see the difference in mindsets in just a 15yr span. All these cry babies today is pathetic.
Malone had Stockton, Hornacek, Ostertagg, and Russell to battle Jordan and the All Stars.
LeBron brings his squad to the arena and people today act like he has Magic, Dr. J, Bird, Pistol Pete, Jerry West, and Olajuwon coming off the bench.
I hope with a passion the Heat win this series and King James gets his first rings.
And this is coming from a Mavericks fan who hated the Heat for crushing our title run in '06.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Jordan never left his team and franchise even when he was losing.
grin.gif

this

after the magic beat chicago in the ECF MJ didn't say welp. goin to the knicks. peace

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Xtapolapacetl:
Russell Westbrook:

27 points on 10-24 shooting
8 rebounds
11 assists
2 turnovers
1 steal
0 blocks
in 42 minutes

Wade and Bosh combined:

29 points on 11-30 shooting
9 rebounds
8 assists
4 turnovers
1 steal
0 blocks
in 76 minutes

Battier has the best game of his entire season and will almost certainly not even come close to it for the remainder of the finals. Chalmers also has a pretty good game. Everything wasted because of Bosh and Wade not deciding to show up. Wade was trying to force it as soon as the second half started with his idiotic long twos, it was obvious that he could see the headlines blaming him for playing poorly should the Heat lose. Therefore, he tried to force it and made everything worse. Bosh had one of those games where he was so invisible that people apparently forgot that he played at all and therefore avoided all criticism, much like the 100+ million boy Rashard Lewis in the 2009 finals.
I'll be damned if this doesn't sound exactly like something that could be said about the Pau & Bynum tandem sometimes.
laugh.gif

Pau & Drew for Wade & Bosh: do it, Mitch!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ska do you want me to shoot myself
roll.gif

????

Are you saying building a team around a player = Joining a team built around another player, after the attempt to build a team around you fails..

Scottie Pippen joined the team before he even played a game. Rodman was traded for Will Perdue..  And Ron Harper was signed after which his minutes were cut 40-50%, and his production was 1/3 of what it was when he played with the Cavs & Clippers. Also Harper joined the team after Jordan left the first time.

Kukoc drafted, Longley traded to the Bulls,

Dennis Rodman was traded for Will Perdue for christ sake.. That's how little people thought of him even with his monstrous rebounding numbers. He scored 5 points a game in 35minutes with 15 rebounds per game.. He was also 34 when he joined the Bulls..  When Steve Kerr joined the Bulls he was at best a journeyman in the NBA. Luc Longley was atrocious.

Now let's look at the Jazz.
Stockton drafted 84, Malone drafted 85,  Hornacek traded in 94. Byron Russell drafted.. Ostertag drafted.

This is building a team around players.. Not joining a team built around someone else...

If Wade joined LeBron in Cleveland, would people say a word?  NOPE. 

You are missing the fundamental difference in them between those Bulls & Jazz teams and the Heat.

if the Heat had an above average coach, they would be in the middle of a dynasty... and thats coming from a Heat hater.  

Only way I can see the Heat beating OKC in this series is if, OKC's jumpshots don't fall.

When the Thunder are hitting their jumpshots with regularity. Forget it.

Dwyane looks like he's either hurt or maybe be falling off skill wise.

If Battier and Chalmers can shoot like this, Heat are still in it and can win a couple of games.

laugh.gif
 there you go

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

laugh.gif
@ Bron needing more help
laugh.gif

exactly, didnt he leave Cleveland to get more help?  Doesnt he have 2 of the top 15 players in basketball on his team?  He has the #2 SG in the NBA, and a top 5 PF...I'd say he has a top 5 supporting cast in the NBA

Originally Posted by solarius49

laugh.gif
@ Bron needing more help
laugh.gif

exactly, didnt he leave Cleveland to get more help?  Doesnt he have 2 of the top 15 players in basketball on his team?  He has the #2 SG in the NBA, and a top 5 PF...I'd say he has a top 5 supporting cast in the NBA
In order for them to stake those claims, they have to play up to their potential, especially Wade.

laugh.gif
@ Bron needing more help
laugh.gif

Son THIS is what I said when I read that!
In Cleveland that was a more acceptable statement, but what else yall want? Him to get Kobe and KD to come thru and join him?

He's got Wade, an injured but still talented Bosh, A Mario Chalmers I hate looking at but he can provide something. What ELSE does he need?!

Like I said earlier: "IIt's just a shame that I'm sitting there like "Damn, someone else wanna step up?" about a team employing Chris Bosh, DWade, nice role players like Mike Miller, Haslem. Looking at a star doing his thing and thinking "Who else is gong to do something, though?" should mean the team has guys like Smush Parker and Larry Hughes on it. But no, the Heat have a nice roster that SHOULD be putting up numbers.

And yet the only guy that did his thing was Bron. So what's the final conclusion? "I guess if he wants a ring, he's going to have to go into Kobe 'IDGAF' mode."

And it's unfortunate that we're thinking that about a guy on a team as nice as the Heat roster is."

Like I said earlier: "IIt's just a shame that I'm sitting there like "Damn, someone else wanna step up?" about a team employing Chris Bosh, DWade, nice role players like Mike Miller, Haslem. Looking at a star doing his thing and thinking "Who else is gong to do something, though?" should mean the team has guys like Smush Parker and Larry Hughes on it. But no, the Heat have a nice roster that SHOULD be putting up numbers.

And yet the only guy that did his thing was Bron. So what's the final conclusion? "I guess if he wants a ring, he's going to have to go into Kobe 'IDGAF' mode."

And it's unfortunate that we're thinking that about a guy on a team as nice as the Heat roster is."
Lebron can't win a chip by himself..even if he did go into that "idgaf" mode"..he's a great work horse but thats about it

Bron doesn't need more help. He needs his help to do their jobs.

And I also lol'ed at that stat screen when I saw them put it up. They were so thirsty to throw Bron under the bus they just skipped the part about being logical. What a joke.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Bron doesn't need more help. He needs his help to do their jobs.

And I also lol'ed at that stat screen when I saw them put it up. They were so thirsty to throw Bron under the bus they just skipped the part about being logical. What a joke.

There it is

Originally Posted by Kontraband1911

Lebron can't win a chip by himself..even if he did go into that "idgaf" mode"..he's a great work horse but thats about it
thats the point, he's not by himself....
the problem is that they put together a group of players (not a team) who becomes seriously ineffective when taken out of their roles.  Basically they turned Wade into an off the ball player, but he is a TERRIBLE shooter, when 99% of the career he has been most effective dominating the ball.  Hell, even Bosh was THE GUY in Toronto.  They have the same problems the Knicks have, except theres one more player to feed the ball to.

Those Cleveland teams had a better record that these Heat teams, and they played against tougher competition.

Starting to believe he left the Cavs and joined a squad with less talent
grin.gif

I'm actually shocked to see what's happened to Wade. He's either really injured or age is catching up to him.

There's also some validity as to why Phil Jackson called 1999 season the "asterisk" season. this condensed schedule could be impacting certain players with knick-knack injuries and some more age/mileage.

So it could be the grueling schedule, his age/mileage, or his knee, whatever it is, Wade just isn't the same.

And Bosh...........damn, son is playing like a guard. He used to post up in Toronto, now he's being guarded by Derek Fisher at times during the game and he's out at the 3-pt line. SMH.

I've noticed Westbrook looks to create off of his shot. By that I mean, he'll pump for the shot, then look for the pass, then look for the shoot, check one more time for the pass and then take the shot. All in one movement while still in the air.

Westbrook has a lot of maturing to do. He thinks too much. Great athletes have a clear mind which creates concentration by itself. For instance with all the stuff that Rondo does, he'll say he doesn't think about it. It just happens for him.

Back
Top Bottom