Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

laugh.gif
@ Gm. 1 being on Bron

There's just no way. I saw what I saw, and that boy COOKED.

It's just a shame that I'm sitting there like "Damn, someone else wanna step up?" about a team employing Chris Bosh, DWade, nice role players like Mike Miller, Haslem. Looking at a star doing his thing and thinking "Who else is gong to do something, though?" should mean the team has guys like Smush Parker and Larry Hughes on it. But no, the Heat have a nice roster that SHOULD be putting up numbers.

And yet the only guy that did his thing was Bron. So what's the final conclusion? "I guess if he wants a ring, he's going to have to go into Kobe 'IDGAF' mode."

And it's unfortunate that we're thinking that about a guy on a team as nice as the Heat roster is.

Game 2 is a must win for the Heat..

If they go down 0-2, the chances they win 3,4,5 is slim.

3-2 OKC going back home ... Curtains

Am I the only one who felt like this game didn't have an NBA Finals intensity/feel to it....maybe it was the ESPN coverage, or it being Game 1, or the matchup.  This seemed like a October preseason game to me.

Nothing unexpected as far as the outcome though. 

Russell Westbrook:

27 points on 10-24 shooting
8 rebounds
11 assists
2 turnovers
1 steal
0 blocks
in 42 minutes

Wade and Bosh combined:

29 points on 11-30 shooting
9 rebounds
8 assists
4 turnovers
1 steal
0 blocks
in 76 minutes

Battier has the best game of his entire season and will almost certainly not even come close to it for the remainder of the finals. Chalmers also has a pretty good game. Everything wasted because of Bosh and Wade not deciding to show up. Wade was trying to force it as soon as the second half started with his idiotic long twos, it was obvious that he could see the headlines blaming him for playing poorly should the Heat lose. Therefore, he tried to force it and made everything worse. Bosh had one of those games where he was so invisible that people apparently forgot that he played at all and therefore avoided all criticism, much like the 100+ million boy Rashard Lewis in the 2009 finals.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Wade's body language is putrid
And I thought Melo's was bad.
Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif
@ Gm. 1 being on Bron

There's just no way. I saw what I saw, and that boy COOKED.

It's just a shame that I'm sitting there like "Damn, someone else wanna step up?" about a team employing Chris Bosh, DWade, nice role players like Mike Miller, Haslem. Looking at a star doing his thing and thinking "Who else is gong to do something, though?" should mean the team has guys like Smush Parker and Larry Hughes on it. But no, the Heat have a nice roster that SHOULD be putting up numbers.

And yet the only guy that did his thing was Bron. So what's the final conclusion? "I guess if he wants a ring, he's going to have to go into Kobe 'IDGAF' mode."

And it's unfortunate that we're thinking that about a guy on a team as nice as the Heat roster is.
As much as I'm not mad at the outcome...agreed. It's asinine to @*#+ on him for yesterday's game.

Im just assuming bosh is really hurt AND not used to coming off the bench. Can't see excuses for wade.

Xtapolapacetl:
Russell Westbrook:

27 points on 10-24 shooting
8 rebounds
11 assists
2 turnovers
1 steal
0 blocks
in 42 minutes

Wade and Bosh combined:

29 points on 11-30 shooting
9 rebounds
8 assists
4 turnovers
1 steal
0 blocks
in 76 minutes

Battier has the best game of his entire season and will almost certainly not even come close to it for the remainder of the finals. Chalmers also has a pretty good game. Everything wasted because of Bosh and Wade not deciding to show up. Wade was trying to force it as soon as the second half started with his idiotic long twos, it was obvious that he could see the headlines blaming him for playing poorly should the Heat lose. Therefore, he tried to force it and made everything worse. Bosh had one of those games where he was so invisible that people apparently forgot that he played at all and therefore avoided all criticism, much like the 100+ million boy Rashard Lewis in the 2009 finals.
I'll be damned if this doesn't sound exactly like something that could be said about the Pau & Bynum tandem sometimes.
laugh.gif

Pau & Drew for Wade & Bosh: do it, Mitch!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Shane Battier was assigned to defend Durant, with help designed to come from James.

"No, it wasn't my choice," said James, who spent the majority of the game matched up with Kendrick Perkins. "It was a suggestion that Spo [coach Erik Spoelstra] brought up, and I thought it was good early on for us. It gave us an opportunity to switch a lot of pick-and-rolls. ... Whatever the case may be, we had a good game plan to start the game."

This guy bron doesn't understand his stature. He needs to demand to take Durant.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Shane Battier was assigned to defend Durant, with help designed to come from James.

"No, it wasn't my choice," said James, who spent the majority of the game matched up with Kendrick Perkins. "It was a suggestion that Spo [coach Erik Spoelstra] brought up, and I thought it was good early on for us. It gave us an opportunity to switch a lot of pick-and-rolls. ... Whatever the case may be, we had a good game plan to start the game."

This guy bron doesn't understand his stature. He needs to demand to take Durant.
He doesn't understand a lot of things about winning a ring, and I mean that as objectively as possible. This is his 3rd trip here and we still haven't seen the fire. If lebron wants to win he's going to have to go Game 6 (against the celtics) on the Thunder, but he won't do it until he has no choice, but by that time it'll be too late. OKC is stacked with the talent and hunger of a young team but the savvy of a veteran squad. They are a complete basketball team, top to bottom, and every single player knows their role and performs it to a T.
My prediction still stands, OKC in 5

I actually felt bad for Bron
laugh.gif
he showed up and Wade seemed to not even be in the arena. Too bad that's the best they'll probably get from Battier.

People need to stop blaming Bron, he had 7 in the fourth, and was hounded by sefolosha.
Wade needs to step it up same with Bosh, these dudes won't win a ring unless they all put up Max player type numbers.
But Bron did his thing man, no way this is his fault.

Josednk - I think that could be a great "Didn't Read" caption also. They just seemed to not care either way in the celebration.

Back
Top Bottom