Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

I said it before the series started. If Miami hit their 3 pointers they will win and that what happened .
i thought if they missed the threes they would have a better chance of winning tho.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I hope it goes back to OKC just so basketball does not end yet
this, cuz I'm not a big baseball fan, and football dont start till september

Originally Posted by Dcypoe

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I hope it goes back to OKC just so basketball does not end yet
this, cuz I'm not a big baseball fan, and football dont start till september

still got the WNBA
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Don't forget though, it's either Harden or Ibaka. If MJ waves that draft pick in front of okc, they should take it.
And then if that draft pick blows up are they gonna move him for a lottery pick too?

It's taken harden 3 years to become who he is.

This team is in win-now mode and they don't have enough scorers to move Harden for a rookie who can't contribute for a few seasons.

If Bennett is serious about winning, then you don't decide between Harden or Ibaka. You keep both.
How are they going to afford it?

Originally Posted by buggz05

The real winner of this series will be Phil Jackson.
Can't see Presti going for the short term "fix" when he's always been about the long term.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

I said it before the series started. If Miami hit their 3 pointers they will win and that what happened .

thank you captain obvious 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Someone give this dude his Ph.D immediately.
Thanks
laugh.gif
But for real. How many of you? At the beginning of the series predict that Shane Battier would be the guy that lit up the Thunder ?

okc fans now know how spurs felt regarding officiating
c's took 3 in a row so it's not that impossible, even though nobody has overcome 1-3 in finals

Originally Posted by DMan14

okc fans now know how spurs felt regarding officiating
c's took 3 in a row so it's not that impossible, even though nobody has overcome 1-3 in finals
stats and records are on our side, but stats and records have been broken before...

If there's any team capable of coming back from a 3-1 deficit it's the Thunder. They have the weapons to do it. The skills and physicality are there. It's just a matter of mind game right now. They got to take this thing one at a time. It'll get very interesting if this series go back to OKC

I still wonder if the ref. didn't have the respect for KD. Many apparent looking fouls wasn't given to him then Bosh went superman.
laugh.gif

If Miami doesn't wrap it up in 5, this will definitely go 7 in my mind. It's very important for Miami that they approach game 5 as a must-win and not get complacent.

There were way too many shoves in the backs that the refs didn't call against the heat that were blatantly obvious. But that doesn't take anything away from the fact that the Thunder cannot play IQ basketball. They need a new coach. How long are we going to watch KD lose a post-up battle on the perimeter? How hard is it to call a screen or a play for KD to get open. This has been going on all season and playoffs. Scott Brooks hasn't signed an extension for a reason.

I heard Phil Jackson turned down the Orlando job because he had his eye on something else...

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by buggz05

The real winner of this series will be Phil Jackson.
Can't see Presti going for the short term "fix" when he's always been about the long term.
There is nothing long term about Brooks; that's for sure.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Glad Screamin' A ate some crow for his Russell Westbrook slander from Game 2.

Magic did a complete 180 as well. "I now realize Russell Westbrook has to play this way for the Thunder to win. He was sensational. Go on Russ, you play your game and don't listen to Magic!"

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Show Westbrook daddy now.

laugh.gif
... That was funny as hell at the time.

laugh.gif
@ the salty Laker fans scrambling for new material.

This has to be my favorite drama to catch up to after a game lol.....

"1 Championship doesn't mean much, in the GRAND SCHEME of things."

hahahahah thanks for the material buddy

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

How are they going to afford it?
Harden & Ibaka are up for extensions by 2013-14.

By that time, OKC is on the hook for $48 mil without extensions for those 2.

The luxury tax is $70 mil now, and it increases along with revenue.

Assuming 4% growth in revenues (not profits), it could be as high as $76 mil in '13-'14.

That gives them $28 mil to split between those 2 guys and if Harden accepts lower than the max, OKC may even be just under the tax after signing him & Serge.

If the squad keeps making runs to the finals, at the very least Bennett can pay the escalated tax for the 2 seasons that OKC will be over the tax limit, which ends at the conclusion of the '15-'16 campaign. Or if Bennett deems the more-than-doubled luxury tax penalty too much for '15-'16, he can make trades just before that season to get OKC under the tax threshold.

If he makes trades just before the '15-'16 season, then counting this year's run that will have given OKC 4 runs together with this core, which is plenty.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Man stop it. Have ya'll ever had a cramp before? It hurts like hell for a while...and then it doesn't hurt at all. This is a non-issue.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I bet you've never played organized basketball before in your life.

You have to play organised basketball to get cramp??

Originally Posted by acidicality

If Miami doesn't wrap it up in 5, this will definitely go 7 in my mind. It's very important for Miami that they approach game 5 as a must-win and not get complacent.
This. If the series goes back to OKC, I don't like Miami's chances (even though one could argue Heat outplayed Thunder in both games in OKC).

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif
at people actually thinking LeBron would "fake" a cramp to take himself out of the game in the biggest game of his career when he was 1 rebound short of a triple double.
Anyone who's even played semi-competitive pick-up basketball would know better than that. Or you just hate LeBron.

Tell me you're joking....no one really said Lebron faked a cramp in that moment??? 
laugh.gif

Gotta be a joke/trolling.  No other explanation. 

*Cramps SUCK.  Anyone that has ever had one while playing sports SHOULD know how painful they are. 

Back
Top Bottom