[| -- Official Miami Heat @ Chicago Bulls 8PM EST on TNT -- |]

Originally Posted by amel223

That is my point. 

As a Bulls fan, I don't know if the Bulls are a championship contender.  As a fan, I can only hope.

As a Heat fan, you should feel the same.  How do you know? 

You don't.  If this was Miami's second year with the big three together and the previous playoff they had went deep in the playoffs and the Bulls didn't then I would feel inclined to agree with your sentiments. 

But the fact of the matter is we both are treading on uncharted territory.  The Heat put a new team together.  The Bulls put a new team together.  The records are very similar.  It's too hard to predict at this point. 
I know that the Heat are Championship contenders because its Championship season or bust for this team. Everyone in the organization talks about winning a Championship. LeBron and Bosh came to Miami to win a Championship. The fans expect a championship and the analyst believe they are Championship capable team. And most importantly the players themselves believe they can win a Championship.

Look back 3 years ago. The Boston Celtics went from a mediocre team to a Championship contending team in one season. All season people said they had the talent to win it and guess what? They won. Was it a huge surprise? Not really, because they were considered to be a Championship team once they got their big three. You don't have to have prior playoff success to become a Championship contender.

Now by no means am I suggesting that The Miami Heat are shoe-ins to win the Championship. But I do believe they have one of the best chances to win it all... and they still have to go through Boston.

Originally Posted by amel223

That is my point. 

As a Bulls fan, I don't know if the Bulls are a championship contender.  As a fan, I can only hope.

As a Heat fan, you should feel the same.  How do you know? 

You don't.  If this was Miami's second year with the big three together and the previous playoff they had went deep in the playoffs and the Bulls didn't then I would feel inclined to agree with your sentiments. 

But the fact of the matter is we both are treading on uncharted territory.  The Heat put a new team together.  The Bulls put a new team together.  The records are very similar.  It's too hard to predict at this point. 
I know that the Heat are Championship contenders because its Championship season or bust for this team. Everyone in the organization talks about winning a Championship. LeBron and Bosh came to Miami to win a Championship. The fans expect a championship and the analyst believe they are Championship capable team. And most importantly the players themselves believe they can win a Championship.

Look back 3 years ago. The Boston Celtics went from a mediocre team to a Championship contending team in one season. All season people said they had the talent to win it and guess what? They won. Was it a huge surprise? Not really, because they were considered to be a Championship team once they got their big three. You don't have to have prior playoff success to become a Championship contender.

Now by no means am I suggesting that The Miami Heat are shoe-ins to win the Championship. But I do believe they have one of the best chances to win it all... and they still have to go through Boston.

2010 point differential leaders
Orlando
Cleveland
Utah
San Antonio

1 team that was down 3-0 in the ECF before getting 2 games
3 teams out in the second round, 2 of them swept. 

?

Orlando
Cleveland
Utah
San Antonio

?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Orlando
Cleveland
Utah
San Antonio

?

First of all, a cherry-picked example using a handful of teams from one season doesn't demonstrate anything. The effect of point differential has been extensively studied throughout all of NBA history.Second, It's YOUR fault you use ESPN for your sources. Basketball-reference has the most rigorous analysis of the sport on any website.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Orlando
Cleveland
Utah
San Antonio

?

First of all, a cherry-picked example using a handful of teams from one season doesn't demonstrate anything. The effect of point differential has been extensively studied throughout all of NBA history.Second, It's YOUR fault you use ESPN for your sources. Basketball-reference has the most rigorous analysis of the sport on any website.

Back
Top Bottom