[| -- Official Miami Heat @ Chicago Bulls 8PM EST on TNT -- |]

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305

LOL @ Chicago fans thinking the Bulls are actually better than the Miami Heat. On a two game sample size the Bulls all of a sudden are the leading contenders in the Eastern Conference? C'mon people. You really don't believe that, do you?

Now granted the Bulls beat the Miami Heat twice... I'll give you that, but you can't tell me with a straight face that the Bulls... with Rose and a hand full of role players are better than the Heat, Celtics, or even the Orlando Magic.

Originally Posted by DubA169

mike miller and haslem> MJ and Pippen

you heat dudes just stop your making yourselves lokk stupid
Really?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

Now granted the Bulls beat the Miami Heat twice... I'll give you that, but you can't tell me with a straight face that the Bulls... with Rose and a hand full of role players are better than the Heat, Celtics, or even the Orlando Magic.

How do you even know? 

No one will know who's better than who until the playoffs start. 
We can't decide what teams are better until the playoffs start?

I have to wait until the playoffs to see if the Miami Heat are better than the Atlanta Hawks? I have to wait until the playoffs to see if the Lakers are better  than the Denver Nuggets? C'mon dude.

No one, except Bulls fans actually think the Bulls are better than the Heat. In a 7 game series everyone will pick the Heat as favorites. If you don't believe so than you don't know basketball....

Originally Posted by amel223

How do you even know? 

No one will know who's better than who until the playoffs start. 

I have to wait until the playoffs to see if the Miami Heat are better than the Atlanta Hawks? I have to wait until the playoffs to see if the Lakers are better  than the Denver Nuggets? C'mon dude.

No one, except Bulls fans actually think the Bulls are better than the Heat. In a 7 game series everyone will pick the Heat as favorites. If you don't believe so than you don't know basketball....

"Well Head to Head... Y'all are 0-2 vs Us... 0-3 vs boston... and 0-2 vs dallas.  You think that point differential matters more than how you fair against the best teams (the teams you're most likely going to have to go through to achieve your ultimate goal)???"

Yes, because teams with better head-to-head records usually have the higher point differential anyway.

In the less occurent cases where teams don't have the better head-to-head record but better pt differential, having the better point differential is still a better predictor than head-to-head record.

"Well Head to Head... Y'all are 0-2 vs Us... 0-3 vs boston... and 0-2 vs dallas.  You think that point differential matters more than how you fair against the best teams (the teams you're most likely going to have to go through to achieve your ultimate goal)???"

Yes, because teams with better head-to-head records usually have the higher point differential anyway.

In the less occurent cases where teams don't have the better head-to-head record but better pt differential, having the better point differential is still a better predictor than head-to-head record.

We know the Lakers are better than the Nuggets because not only of their history in the playoffs (2x defending champs anyone?), but also their record is so more better than the Nugget's, even on cruise control. 

The Miami Heat and Atlanta Hawks, well... whenever I think of the Atlanta Hawks I think about their stinkfest against Orlando in the playoffs.  Throughout that whole season Atlanta had actually built themselves a decent record but they showed their true colors in the playoffs.  The Hawks, actually, are a perfect example to illustrate my original point.

Between teams of similar records, especially the Bulls and Heat, you have to wait and see.  Especially when both teams are new and it's the first season for the currently assembled versions of said teams. 

With Atlanta you can make a judgment of them before this year's playoffs because the assembled team is basically the same as previous versions and we can safely make an assumption off of previous playoff history. 

*edit yet again*

I think the best way to illustrate my point is this.  The Spurs have the best record in the L.  But do we truly know that the Spurs are the best team in the L? 

All we can go on is current regular season success.  Besides that we have no other precedence on which to truly predict the Spurs's future playoff success.  Popovich has retooled the offense to make them a more perimeter oriented team.  Tim Duncan is no longer the cornerstone of the offense.  Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker have taken hold of the reigns of this squad.  They got all those young players contributing that weren't there during the Spurs championship runs.  This is basically a new team so how can we be definite that this team is truly the best team in the nba since this is essentially a new team?

Only way we can know for sure is to wait and see how they do in the playoffs. 

Until then, I feel inclined to give the nod to the lakers based on previous playoff success until they fail to replicate previous playoff success. 

Is my point clearer now, Spottie?

We know the Lakers are better than the Nuggets because not only of their history in the playoffs (2x defending champs anyone?), but also their record is so more better than the Nugget's, even on cruise control. 

The Miami Heat and Atlanta Hawks, well... whenever I think of the Atlanta Hawks I think about their stinkfest against Orlando in the playoffs.  Throughout that whole season Atlanta had actually built themselves a decent record but they showed their true colors in the playoffs.  The Hawks, actually, are a perfect example to illustrate my original point.

Between teams of similar records, especially the Bulls and Heat, you have to wait and see.  Especially when both teams are new and it's the first season for the currently assembled versions of said teams. 

With Atlanta you can make a judgment of them before this year's playoffs because the assembled team is basically the same as previous versions and we can safely make an assumption off of previous playoff history. 

*edit yet again*

I think the best way to illustrate my point is this.  The Spurs have the best record in the L.  But do we truly know that the Spurs are the best team in the L? 

All we can go on is current regular season success.  Besides that we have no other precedence on which to truly predict the Spurs's future playoff success.  Popovich has retooled the offense to make them a more perimeter oriented team.  Tim Duncan is no longer the cornerstone of the offense.  Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker have taken hold of the reigns of this squad.  They got all those young players contributing that weren't there during the Spurs championship runs.  This is basically a new team so how can we be definite that this team is truly the best team in the nba since this is essentially a new team?

Only way we can know for sure is to wait and see how they do in the playoffs. 

Until then, I feel inclined to give the nod to the lakers based on previous playoff success until they fail to replicate previous playoff success. 

Is my point clearer now, Spottie?

bulls haters, stay hating

especially if you're a heat "fan"

we know h3at, triz and bdis are the only real heat fans anyway

bulls haters, stay hating

especially if you're a heat "fan"

we know h3at, triz and bdis are the only real heat fans anyway

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Thats what Im saying....If Derrick makes a few more jumpers then we win by ten.

Relatively speaking though, Rose's performance was more typical than Bosh's performance.

Don't bank on Bosh doing that again.

I've given up on these "don't count on him playing that bad again" after being sure that Wade wasn't going to suck the third time around against the Celtics, which he of course did like the first two games. Obviously, he won't shoot 1-18 again, but he very well might suck again.

Relatively speaking though, Rose's performance was more typical than Bosh's performance.

I've given up on these "don't count on him playing that bad again" after being sure that Wade wasn't going to suck the third time around against the Celtics, which he of course did like the first two games. Obviously, he won't shoot 1-18 again, but he very well might suck again.

Blah blah blah......we dont need to be better than you to beat you.

It was one game, a game that we won. I dont need Heat fans, Bulls fans, or ESPN to tell me that "The Bulls are the team to beat in the East." All we did was beat you guys ......again, thats the only point that need be made.

Blah blah blah......we dont need to be better than you to beat you.

It was one game, a game that we won. I dont need Heat fans, Bulls fans, or ESPN to tell me that "The Bulls are the team to beat in the East." All we did was beat you guys ......again, thats the only point that need be made.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

It's amazing how many people have no idea how probability works or what is meant by it.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

It's amazing how many people have no idea how probability works or what is meant by it.

That is a gross misunderstanding of what I was implying. Everyone knows that the Hawks were not and still aren't Championship contenders. Records and regular season games mean nothing in the playoffs. Championship Teams like the Boston, Miami and LA are essentially playing an 82 game preseason.

Year after year teams are hyped because of their overachieving record. At the end of the day they're are realistically 2 maybe 3 teams capable of winning a Championship. The Bulls aren't even in the discussion IMO... No body expects the Bulls to win a Championship. At the end of the day they are a decent team with a great regular season record.

That is a gross misunderstanding of what I was implying. Everyone knows that the Hawks were not and still aren't Championship contenders. Records and regular season games mean nothing in the playoffs. Championship Teams like the Boston, Miami and LA are essentially playing an 82 game preseason.

Year after year teams are hyped because of their overachieving record. At the end of the day they're are realistically 2 maybe 3 teams capable of winning a Championship. The Bulls aren't even in the discussion IMO... No body expects the Bulls to win a Championship. At the end of the day they are a decent team with a great regular season record.

/\ You are severely misinformed on how good people think the Bulls are. Even before the Season started...nearly every publication, analyst, etc. had Chicago as a top 3 team in the East and a contender.

/\ You are severely misinformed on how good people think the Bulls are. Even before the Season started...nearly every publication, analyst, etc. had Chicago as a top 3 team in the East and a contender.

That is my point. 

As a Bulls fan, I don't know if the Bulls are a championship contender.  As a fan, I can only hope.

As a Heat fan, you should feel the same.  How do you know? 

You don't.  If this was Miami's second year with the big three together and the previous playoff they had went deep in the playoffs and the Bulls didn't then I would feel inclined to agree with your sentiments. 

But the fact of the matter is we both are treading on uncharted territory.  The Heat put a new team together.  The Bulls put a new team together.  The records are very similar.  It's too hard to predict at this point. 

That is my point. 

As a Bulls fan, I don't know if the Bulls are a championship contender.  As a fan, I can only hope.

As a Heat fan, you should feel the same.  How do you know? 

You don't.  If this was Miami's second year with the big three together and the previous playoff they had went deep in the playoffs and the Bulls didn't then I would feel inclined to agree with your sentiments. 

But the fact of the matter is we both are treading on uncharted territory.  The Heat put a new team together.  The Bulls put a new team together.  The records are very similar.  It's too hard to predict at this point. 

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Like we weren't being pegged as a top 6 team since the summer
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Like we weren't being pegged as a top 6 team since the summer
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom