Official Michael Jordan NBA 2K11 Cover Athlete Thread! 9/29 UPDATE Pg. 9! New Pics/shoes/uniforms!

http://espn.go.com/espn/t...cover?readmore=fullstory

Can't wait!! (if it's true at least). Hopefully they'll be signature Air Jordan and Jordan Brand shoes that he can wear during the game, like the NBA Live series back In the day. I guess we'll just have to wait until the beginning of June to find out.

UPDATE:

34897_10150233399280305_221292025304_13263024_677367_n.jpg

(taken from www.2ksports.com)

2K Sports today revealed The Jordan Challenge, a new game mode for the latest iteration of the top rated and top selling basketball simulation franchise*, NBA[emoji]174[/emoji] 2K11.  This new mode will allow players to relive 10 different legendary games from Michael Jordan’s illustrious career and challenge them to replicate what he did on the court in NBA 2K11.

“Fans of the series are going to be thrilled to know that in NBA 2K11 Michael Jordan is much, much more than just a cover athlete,

That would be sick.

Kinda similar to Madden Moments when you play out big time events during the regular season.

I probably wouldn't have bought either 2k11 or Live, but I know I will definitely be buying 2k11 now. Can't wait!

I probably wouldn't have bought either 2k11 or Live, but I know I will definitely be buying 2k11 now. Can't wait!

That's amazing. I would love to play as Jordan.

Better than creating your own player and trying to mimic him as best you can.

MJ trying to save his image now that he spent the past years since retirement being a douche...seen him looking thinner in the new hanes commercial too!...
roll.gif

Was gonna get this game regardless...but if this is true, then I'll get and keep for good (instead of trading it in after the NBA season as usual)

Originally Posted by JwalkinSOB

Was gonna get this game regardless...but if this is true, then I'll get and keep for good (instead of trading it in after the NBA season as usual)

this.. cause MJ probably wont be on another game for a couple years lol.. last game i remember him bein on was NBA Live 2003 and NBA Street Vol. 2

I was already planning on making the switch to 2K from Live for next season, but if this is true, then it's going to make switching franchises all that much sweeter!

"While rumors pegged LeBron JamesDerrick Rose and even Tyreke Evans as favorites to appear on the cover of "NBA 2K11," multiple sources have told ESPN that the company has gone in a completely different direction, signing basketball legend Michael Jordan as its new spokesman.

This will be the first time that a former player will appear on the front of the box for 2K, and with Jordan taking over majority ownership of the Charlotte Bobcats, it will also be the first time that a team owner will endorse the popular franchise.

But the real question is, what value -- beyond obvious name and iconic image recognition -- will Jordan bring to the game? In the era of Kobe and King James, are gamers still yearning to "Be Like Mike"?

The designers at 2K must think so. In addition to acting as cover model for "NBA 2K11," the speculation is that Jordan will also be digitized into a playable character. This means gamers will become the virtual MJ in hopes of reliving some of his trademark moments.

There's more. I've even heard whispers that 2K has been in negotiations with several players (both teammates and opponents) from the Jordan era to appear in "2K11" to help gamers and history buffs accurately recreate the heated competition between the classic Bulls and rivals like the Celtics, Knicks and Cavaliers. But since 2K needs to ink all former players to individual contracts, it's still up in the air whom the company will be able to sign in time to appear in the game.

But if this means we finally get a virtual Craig Ehlo to shoot over as we relive Jordan's famous jumper that doomed the Cavs, or maybe even a cyber Larry Bird describing MJ's game as "God disguised as Michael Jordan" after Jordan dropped 63 against the Celtics, then I'm all for it.

Hopefully more will be made clear once 2K Sports officially unveils the game to the media during the E3 video game convention in June."

In the enthusiastic words of Marv Albert...

"Oh, a spectacular move..." ..by 2K sports!

MJ and other legends will most likely be unlockable characters that have to be EARNED throughout the game. I will definitely buy this if he graces the cover and is in it.

Originally Posted by JwalkinSOB

YEP..................
JORDAN'S BACK!

passed on the last couple of years because gameplay was pretty much disappointing online. Will have to cop if true though. Playing as MJ offline should be fun.

seen this on iss. you guys seem alot more hopeful of it being a fact. i hope so too id love to play as mj. bosss

So does this mean that people will be buying 2 copies of the game? 1 to play and the other to put on ice??
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom