Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

14 Giants
8 Knicks (a couple were added after this pic, still trying to find an orange blank from the year they wore them. Still sick I haven't)
30 ish Yankees

A few Negro Leagues, one NY Rangers, AP jersey for sale and a FSU Winston. Couple other joints in there too. Gotta Warrick Dunn Bucs jersey in there dying to wear but I just can't do it.

It's funny I gotta couple Jackie Robinson Negro League jerseys and they're hard but one has KC in huge letters across it and people confused as hell when they see it. You're a Royals fan? **** drives me crazy so I might sell it, but Jackie a legend so I don't know.

I got like six Jeter's, four Mariano's, three Alex's, a few Eli's, Cruz's and like that.

IMG_4632.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Early 30s still rocking jerseys but these are the 10 jersey commandments that I follow religiously otherwise it makes me look really tacky (and in denial):

- Only wear jerseys from my era (90s)
- Strictly authentic - can be seen as a fashion item and not just sports apparel
- Jerseys with simple designs
- Color matches my skintones
- NO matching hats, either a sober dad hat or nothing
- Plain white sneakers or regular shoes
- Regular pants
- Jersey the only item that draws attention
- Has to be summertime
- Obviously pay attention to the setting, company and situation

So what difference was he talking about?
Clearly it wasn’t age....
Y’all can take it to race but that’s not what he’s saying.

There is defintiely a perception that when you hit 30, you are supposed to grow up and wear button ups and “grown man” apparel.

Y’all can take it to race but that’s not what he’s saying.

There is defintiely a perception that when you hit 30, you are supposed to grow up and wear button ups and “grown man” apparel.
Nah bro he clearly showed and said it’s a difference between 2 white guys and a black man....Not age

I’ll leave it to him to reply but I actually read his comment vs just looking at pics and getting heated.
So did I.. I’m not heated i replied to him
what’s the difference cause his words didn’t match up with his pictures...

I read the comments and definitely wasn’t heated. I interpreted it as white people just don’t look as cool wearing jerseys past there 30’s. Which I agree with for the most part (I’m white if it matters). I was just giving him a hard time. I didn’t mean to offend anyone or even say he was wrong.

I think if you have confidence you can pull off anything you want

Mitchell & Ness, if you're reading this. I need you to make some 1990 and 1994 Pro Bowl jerseys. Along with some Eli, Strahan, Tuck and Osi jerseys because the world needs some that fit right. Not those early 2000s RBK jerseys that fit like a 4XL no matter what size you get.

Those sleeve patches on baseball jerseys :pimp:

Every Yankee jersey I own has a patch except for a couple M&N jerseys but most of those do too.

Early 30s still rocking jerseys but these are the 10 jersey commandments that I follow religiously otherwise it makes me look really tacky (and in denial):

- Only wear jerseys from my era (90s)
- Strictly authentic - can be seen as a fashion item and not just sports apparel
- Jerseys with simple designs
- Color matches my skintones
- NO matching hats, either a sober dad hat or nothing
- Plain white sneakers or regular shoes
- Regular pants
- Jersey the only item that draws attention
- Has to be summertime
- Obviously pay attention to the setting, company and situation
Damn no matching hats? I have the hat for almost every jersey I have. But I also love wearing hats and don’t like the dad hats, they’re not Me.

Damn no matching hats? I have the hat for almost every jersey I have. But I also love wearing hats and don’t like the dad hats, they’re not Me.
Few years ago, I had a conversation with a hat designer who gave me this advice (not color-matching hats and main tops). I was skeptical at first but after a few tries I was convinced. Looks much lighter and less forced. Whatever works for you though, to each his own. If you're wearing snapbacks specifically, not matching could look weird. But I'm personally not a snapback guy so... Mostly dad hats for the summer and Irish tweed for the winter. Cheers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom