Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Wonder how much bread he got to throw those games?

Been fraudulent since if you check the fine print.

3359E2F8-1B1A-4ADE-98B0-C0F4C3AACCF3.gif

One of the few NBA warm up jackets I have because I'm more into jerseys. I'm not a Knicks fan, but I can wear royal blue and orange. I've only worn all 3 items in the picture once, in January 2015 I believe.

It's been impossible for me to find an older era Knicks triangle logo hat so I had to go with that circular NYK logo as a legitimate substitute. I had to go with those Foamposite since they're a Knicks colorway and originated in the NBA 50th Anniversary season which correlates with the jacket. Yeah I wasn't going out of my way to get some rehashed Patrick Ewing shoes unless I could get them extremely cheap and if they widely available like that. :emoji_laughing:

018.JPG

This should be the final compare and contrast I post for y'all. I have an Allen Iverson rookie year jersey in a made in U.S.A. version I got in late 2002 and a made in China current version I got earlier this summer. I took photos of both when I had them briefly before I was able to purge the U.S.A. version by having it replaced with the correct fitting China version.

The one on the bottom is the U.S.A. version and the one on the top is the China version. Talk about a discrepancy because both of them are size 52! I can't believe how much bigger the U.S.A. version on the bottom is. How could they F up the sizing templates at the factories like that?
IMG_4272.JPG

Here's a picture of the front of both. The one on the top is the U.S.A. version and the one on the bottom is the China version.
IMG_4281.JPG

Here's a picture of the back of both. The one on the top is the U.S.A. version and the one on the bottom is the China version.
IMG_4284.JPG

Look at how much wider the NBA logo is on the U.S.A. version. I assume the wide rectangular shape box is inaccurate on this one.
IMG_4282.JPG

The NBA logo is slimmer on the China version. I want to assume it's the correct size hopefully.
IMG_4283.JPG

In addition to the sizing discrepancies between them, I also feel there are discrepancies with font sizes with the letters and numbers along with the spacing of the numbers. The U.S.A. version has smaller letters and numbers, and the numbers aren't spaced out much underneath the letters. But the China version has larger letters and numbers, and the numbers are spaced out underneath the letters, not directly underneath them like the U.S.A. version.

I want to assume the more current China version is closer to being accurate than the early 2000s U.S.A. version regarding the font sizes and number placements based on game photos I researched online.

Please offer input and clarity on any discrepancies and accuracy on them. I'm hoping a lot more of y'all helpfully chime in.

Something @RussianOrDragon & redmercury redmercury should look into.

Lol my man documented the date he wore that fit

It ain't hard for me to recall because I only wore it once. But I recently got a 1996-97 NBA 50th Anniversary Knicks Patrick Ewing jersey I can wear with those Foamposite pictured now.

We need a character limit for posts. Too much work scrolling past, thumbs getting sore

You have the right to ignore what I post. I really don't give a rat's @%$ you don't like me or my posts for whatever reason.

Some others post whatever you deem long previously. Some people try to convey detail like that. Or they try to be specific like that. I can't help I tend to get deeply into deatil.

It seems like a lot of us in here made the widespread mistake of wearing our clothes too big during the 2000s.

I'm an obvious example based on the high quantity of size 56 jerseys I stupidly had but thankfully purged by way of repurposing over the last several years and sporadically selling useless stuff at a severe loss a few years before I figured out how to repurpose. But I really got aggressive to purge crap since late 2017 and finally finished early this summer.

It seems like a lot of us who had authentic jerseys during the 2000s didn't realize we were wearing our stuff too big. It seemed to fit normal to me at that time for some odd reason. Some of my associates I used to deal with even told me my clothes were too big occasionally. I honestly didn't realize I was stupidly wearing my clothes too big until 2013 when a couple of cool a*$ gentlemen I used to deal with at ghetto Fox Hills Mall conveyed detailed assessments regarding that. I'll give them credit forever until I die.

It's ironic I wore my clothes big during the 2000s when I was lighter but I actually gained weight during this shutdown period since March and I still won't be able to fit a size 56/3XL jersey. And this is the heaviest I have been in my life! I guess being locked out of the neighborhood rec center forcing me to be inactive by default isn't good for me evidently.

I wonder what caused us to wear our clothes too big back then. Y'all should elaborate or share your scenarios. Even Allen Iverson doesn't wear his clothes too big anymore, but he still wears loose clothing at least. Perhaps it comes along with us being older now.

Shoutout to the Fox Hills Mall!!

Dear Mitchell and Ness. No, we don’t want those “we the best” “another one” Miami Heat shorts. We want red authentic shorts from the late 90’s.

Hit your friends up at eastbay and ask them how fast the black 96-97 authentic shorts they recently put up sold. I can assure you it was a lot faster than those Khaled shorts will sell. While you’re at it, perhaps also ask eastbay how they’re able to ship items so fast and take that information back to your Irvine warehouse so they can learn.

Said F it and was about to cop that white Kobe just to find out that the code no longer works for it 😒

Back
Top Bottom