Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Since Mitchell & Ness is charging $350 for the Wizards John Wall jersey with the Adidas material design from the last decade, I have a premonition that will be their price with all 2010s jerseys replicated with that crappy material going forward unfortunately.

M & N already charging $350 for 2009 NBA All-Star jerseys of Kobe Bryant & LeBron James with that same crappy material design seems like a precursor honestly.
Why’s it crappy ? Rev 30 jerseys are stunning in person

I liked the monopolization term used a few days ago to describe when a lone company solely has the license to make apparel for a league for a contracted period.

I agree it's preferable to have multiple companies manufacturing league apparel because it should create distinctiveness amongst teams' apparels like with '90s NBA perhaps predicated on competition. I also prefer traditional apparel companies to manufacture sports apparel.

Although monopolization with league apparel contracts has been standard since the 2000s, it's happened before the 2000s at certain periods.

Monopolization wasn't a taboo before the 2000s if they made stuff in U.S.A. Majestic was great with their MLB deal from 2005-2019 because they made all their authentic jerseys in U.S.A.

But monopolization has always been terrible with shoe companies involved especially with them outsourcing. And they put their on spin on the jerseys just to be innovative when it really tarnishes them. We should expect this forever now because they'll be given the contracts since they have way more money.

Traditional apparel companies will always make better quality stuff than shoe companies logically, but leagues won't care about that because they'll sell out to whomever has the most money to pay them for a preferred viable long term deal.

What pissed me off about monopolization was when NFL gave Reebok all the rights to make apparel, hats included, which phased out New Era during the 2000s. Those Reebok NFL hats were horrendous! That caused us to wait until 2012 for New Era to regain the license to make NFL hats again.

As much as I like Nike, even I don't think their current NBA productions are good.

Why’s it crappy ? Rev 30 jerseys are stunning in person

I refuse to acknowledge that gimmick name with that Adidas design because they were that sorry. Most people disparaged them immediately when they came out in 2010.

The construction was cheap and thin since they were designed to be really light. They didn't feel durable. They ran small. Some of the threading on the numbers looked fake. The air holes patterned in specific spots of the jersey looked stupid because they were supposedly designated to channel body heat out of the jersey.

The biggest issue people had with that crappy Adidas version was the retail authentic didn't have the mesh netted numbers by default. The generic materials used for the numbers on those looked fake.

You could only get the correct mesh numbers with the boxed jerseys. The issues with those were a designated limited quantity for them and they weren't widely available. Another issue was that they were only cut to the player's size, and most males don't have NBA height and size realistically so those were just collectables instead of something you can wear. I have all 3 colors of Kobe Bryant still in their boxes because they're too big for me. But there were some of those types of jerseys that were wearable if they weren't cut too big.

Adidas f'd up and lost sales by not making the correct mesh numbers on both versions instead of just on a one size only jersey. If the mesh numbers were made on the retail authentic, I believe people would have ate them up since they had the correct detail on wearable sizes.

I refuse to acknowledge that gimmick name with that Adidas design because they were that sorry. Most people disparaged them immediately when they came out in 2010.

The construction was cheap and thin since they were designed to be really light. They didn't feel durable. They ran small. Some of the threading on the numbers looked fake. The air holes patterned in specific spots of the jersey looked stupid because they were supposedly designated to channel body heat out of the jersey.

The biggest issue people had with that crappy Adidas version was the retail authentic didn't have the mesh netted numbers by default. The generic materials used for the numbers on those looked fake.

You could only get the correct mesh numbers with the boxed jerseys. The issues with those were a designated limited quantity for them and they weren't widely available. Another issue was that they were only cut to the player's size, and most males don't have NBA height and size realistically so those were just collectables instead of something you can wear. I have all 3 colors of Kobe Bryant still in their boxes because they're too big for me. But there were some of those types of jerseys that were wearable if they weren't cut too big.

Adidas f'd up and lost sales by not making the correct mesh numbers on both versions instead of just on a one size only jersey. If the mesh numbers were made on the retail authentic, I believe people would have ate them up since they had the correct detail on wearable sizes.
Adidas lost sales ? Dude they had the contract to make them for nba players, I’m sure they did ok. I doubt that was in their forefront, to please us avid jersey wearers.
What size Kobe’s ? They for sale ?

0918FABF-4624-40BF-B554-69B159125E7D.jpeg
795BB58C-A2F4-4C19-9B5B-A4C6C1AB3485.jpeg
09ECC8C2-64FD-4474-B82C-68134B01BF17.jpeg
BA06D739-B7F7-4E49-BE82-FD77A54CB521.jpeg
63E43AA1-4859-490C-9544-6F30227EB351.jpeg

How do the NFL authentic jerseys fit? I’m an XL/XXL in Nike tees and the jersey I just bought for mamba week I went with a 52 and it’s an XL but a little snug

How do the NFL authentic jerseys fit? I’m an XL/XXL in Nike tees and the jersey I just bought for mamba week I went with a 52 and it’s an XL but a little snug
I usually size down in NFL jerseys. The sleeves can be long on them

Are you saying you bought these? Because these jerseys have been up on the website for a week.

Adidas lost sales ? Dude they had the contract to make them for nba players, I’m sure they did ok. I doubt that was in their forefront, to please us avid jersey wearers.
What size Kobe’s ? They for sale ?
Oh man had so many opportunities to snatch the Kobe boxed jerseys on eBay for cheap via full moon jerseys. I'm sure others can relate.

Everything is crappy to him... Except jorts. They have pockets.

It's normal for people to wear denim shorts. They are durable. There's nothing wrong with them, people still do wear them. Some even posted pictures of themselves on here wearing them.

Swingman shorts have pockets too but they're thin and cheap and susceptible to wear and tear. And the patch logos on them don't have real threads for the detailing so they'll peel off eventually.

I don't have to be a follower and like everything that you and everyone else likes just to fit in or appease others. I don't dislike everything like you assume.

Last edited:
Lol no one says you have to like everything, but you could you know practice what you preach and not lambast others and their tastes and tell them they need to raise their standards.

this is becoming too much lol. Getting ready for the weekly M&N thread cleanse which has become the new norm now

at the end of the day if you know how to wash and take care of your clothes, swingman shorts will last for a while.

Lol no one says you have to like everything, but you could you know practice what you preach and not lambast others and their tastes and tell them they need to raise their standards.

this is becoming too much lol. Getting ready for the weekly M&N thread cleanse which has become the new norm now

at the end of the day if you know how to wash and take care of your clothes, swingman shorts will last for a while.

Yes the thread cleanse is common because things always go off the rails on here with things or ideas absolutely irrelevant from M & N brand.

There's no way to defend anything that has poor quality. It's just a formality they will deteriorate. We've seen it so many times on here with pictures. This isn't fantasy land where poorly made items will have the same lifespan as their better quality counterparts.

Back
Top Bottom