Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Hey NT family I need your help because I'm usually pretty experienced with identifying fakes and what not. Has anyone ever purchased MN from ebayer Jerseycollectorab? I recently purchased a 1998/99 jason Williams authentic Kings jerseys and noticed the trim did not have any of that shiny silver material. This jersey has the new jock tag and fall 2019 production line.

I compared this jersey with my 98/99 webber that I got from Mn website a few years back. The webber had the shiny trim material, old Mn jock tag and Fall 2018 production line.

Contemplating sending this one back. Any thoughts? TIA.
PXL_20210422_170014998.jpg PXL_20210422_170022584.jpg PXL_20210422_170127942.jpg PXL_20210422_170132893.jpg
****...I just bought from the same dude

Edit: I’m suspecting this guy sells defective aka didn’t passed quality test jerseys. The Garnett and Kobe I got from him all had a defect one way or another.

Last edited:
I'm not an expert on the Kings jersey, but if the production dates are different it can vary material wise. I remember buying the seattle sonics shorts from Mitchell and Ness website on a couple of occassions and one of the shorts was like the green dry mesh material and the other one was a white base that was sublimated green with the white line on the seam. Same with a few other shorts such as the dino raptors, the older run had a white lining and was sublimated purple from a white base while the new runs from this year had a dry purple mesh with purple inside lining.

Then again there was those high quality fakes that edaybin or whatever that dude's name was that was selling fake kobe jerseys that was like 97% accurate.

That edaybin guy was selling on eBay for years. I guess he sold a mix of authentic and apparently grey market/high quality fakes. A lot of people called him out, but a lot of people also defended him. When he finally got air'd out, he stopped selling on eBay for a while and a lot of people returned the items they bought. From what I recalled it was a high quality like 97% correct version of the gold kobe jersey. He disappeared on eBay then disappeared on grailed, but I guess he's back now that the smoke cleared.

Edit: I’m suspecting this guy sells defective aka didn’t passed quality test jerseys. The Garnett and Kobe I got from him all had a defect one way or another.
I see! For me the materials on this #55 jersey appeared to check out. Weight, mesh thickness, numbers, color, Jerry, etc. The tags had some info ripped off .
PXL_20210422_182943929.jpg

I think you're good, I see nothing

link to his auctions?

I don't see any differences in the jerseys IMO aside from the trim which can change due to production changes obviously

Yooooo it’s getting scary. The dude with the plethora of high quality fakes on eBay just posted new stuff. I just compared it to my Chicago’s from oneness and I can’t see a difference. I also compared my navy lightening bolt warriors shorts and can’t see a difference either. I looked closely at the logo embroidery, stitching, colors, shades and everything looks accurate. He even uses the correct tags from production era too. Not sure if he’s taking pics of legit shorts and sending fakes, but he also has the same pics of fugazi ones like the black magic pinstripe and other blantant fakes.

0563A258-2417-4822-8C5C-C854B850C9FA.jpeg
C2234756-1084-410A-AE6F-8B76B422CFC0.jpeg
74DA5FF0-920D-40E2-B4C6-CD482EF54E76.jpeg
7023BD9B-FCDD-4719-BD10-6E1E7A9A6F83.jpeg
CC674E9F-03BA-4749-BD03-AAFA9FB22A69.jpeg
48C6C68A-E282-43F1-A997-C243A5EF44A2.jpeg

I don’t know if they’re making fakes oall these Celtics but he’s had all those Kobe’s and Jordan’s they got high quality fakes of

plus he’s sold questionable just dons?

I’d maybe request a refund, just IMO

fakes look to be top notch out here now unless they’re factory seconds smuggled

Yooooo it’s getting scary. The dude with the plethora of high quality fakes on eBay just posted new stuff. I just compared it to my Chicago’s from oneness and I can’t see a difference. I also compared my navy lightening bolt warriors shorts and can’t see a difference either. I looked closely at the logo embroidery, stitching, colors, shades and everything looks accurate. He even uses the correct tags from production era too. Not sure if he’s taking pics of legit shorts and sending fakes, but he also has the same pics of fugazi ones like the black magic pinstripe and other blantant fakes.

0563A258-2417-4822-8C5C-C854B850C9FA.jpeg
C2234756-1084-410A-AE6F-8B76B422CFC0.jpeg
74DA5FF0-920D-40E2-B4C6-CD482EF54E76.jpeg
7023BD9B-FCDD-4719-BD10-6E1E7A9A6F83.jpeg
CC674E9F-03BA-4749-BD03-AAFA9FB22A69.jpeg
48C6C68A-E282-43F1-A997-C243A5EF44A2.jpeg
Yeah I asked that ebayer Dlclab if his items are real. He deflected the question and asked if I knew the retail price of these.

Yeah I asked that ebayer Dlclab if his items are real. He deflected the question and asked if I knew the retail price of these.

Yeah. If you click on the description he says: *THESE ARE NOT THE CHEAP ONES FOUND ON EBAY/INSTAGRAM STORES FOR 100 OR LESS, PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE EMBROIDERY WORK AND THE LAYERS OF MESH VS THE CHEAPER ALTERNATIVES*

Looking at other pics of his other shorts, I can tell fakes of those. Like the black bulls, the jerry is the wrong shade of red and blue, its more of a navy blue. On his jazz shorts, the jerry looks like a rectangle with 90 degree sharp corners instead of rounded corners. The black pinstripe magic is obviously fake because they never made those and the other warriors shorts with the Larry O'Brien Trophy on it and Curry on the buttcheeks is ultra fake.

But some like the red chicago that I just posted and the lightening bolt warriors, it looks exactly the same as my legit ones from oneness. I have a feeling he's using legit pics for those and might send you some fakes.

***Also if you look at his feedback, it's all fake. He has 100% feedback, but when you click on it and the items sold, it is digital pictures that sold for pennies or a few cents, just to get positive feedback.

those dons they might be using retails

they have pairs that good?

Yeah. I asked for more pics of the actual shorts and he actually sent them to me. Also he has the high quality fakes such as the tim hardaway royal and gold warriors shorts that look good, but the logo and jerry are in the wrong placement too close to the edges.

I don’t know if they’re making fakes oall these Celtics but he’s had all those Kobe’s and Jordan’s they got high quality fakes of

plus he’s sold questionable just dons?

I’d maybe request a refund, just IMO

fakes look to be top notch out here now unless they’re factory seconds smuggled

Gonna send them back, man. 100%

.if u cant trust eBay sellers these days who can you trust? Worlds a scary place, next thing i know, someone’s gonna tell me the mail ordered bride doesn’t really love me

Gonna send them back, man. 100%

.if u cant trust eBay sellers these days who can you trust? Worlds a scary place, next thing i know, someone’s gonna tell me the mail ordered bride doesn’t really love me
98% of my collection is from fanatics/M&N

rest was from NTers or HWF

seems like fakes are so good

98% of my collection is from fanatics/M&N

rest was from NTers or HWF

seems like fakes are so good

All of my just dons came from M&N, oneness, and a couple of rare and harder to find ones from grailed. I wouldn't even trust eBay, not even from some reputable sellers. Like I found a pair of fugazi just dons from a reputable seller with like 300+ 100% positive feedback and I messaged him like, bruh you know these are fake, right? Apparently he didn't know.

I keep all my receipts and all original tags too. When I resell, I include everything so my buyers know that it's the real deal.

I think it's getting bad now because the profit margin on Just Dons. Especially the older runs and the F&F stuff. Like a bootlegger is not making any money off of high quality fake authentic shorts that:

1.) It is a niche market
2.) No pockets which turns off a lot of people
3.) Retail is only $125, which inevitable codes/sales, people can get up to 50-60% off

Now with Just Dons...

1.) Exclusivity
2.) Celebrity backing
3.) Pockets
4.) Retail is at least $400
5.) Older runs can fetch over retail, upwards to 1.5k+

^^^I think that's why we're seeing these high quality fakes of them. Authentic Jersey Tops to a certain extent too since retail is what, $300+? I don't think I've ever seen a high quality fake of a swingman top or bottom...I'm sure I've never seen a high quality fake of authentic shorts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom