Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Rivalry_Sportswear on IG

don't get me wrong trucustoms does good work
but for MN retail prices I want super anal attention to detail

tru is like 80 percent. mdiddy goes overboard for similar prices

mdiddy used to be on here in the early 2000s

Ive had Kobes from Mdiddy with the wrong font just like M&N did.

I know some of y’all have been waiting for a restock on this Jazz warmup. Full size run available:
7E1C85CD-ED80-44C3-8C82-8C4B25BD637B.png

From what I’ve seen, it looks like mdiddys work is spot on. But the communication and inconsistent turnaround time mixed with lack of transparency is something he needs to fix.

And to be fair, he seems like a decent guy. He’s not scamming or taking peoples money, you’re ultimately going to get your stuff. But when someone is paying a decent amount for a product and is led to believe they’re going to get it within a specific timeframe, if you’re not able to fulfill things on time, you need to be transparent. You should be going through orders and reaching out to buyers personally and giving them a courtesy email before they hit you up asking what’s going on. They shouldn’t be complaining on pages like this to where it’s multiple complaints.

Perhaps he would be better suited scaling back on orders until he can get everything in line in terms of production and customization etc to where the turnaround time is a more reasonable timeframe. Taking on more than he can handle isn’t the best move.

From what I’ve seen. People who’ve been in this hobby are usually aware that custom stuff can have a long turnaround time and people are generally patient. But when it gets almost a year with minimal communication. Even more patient people will start to get annoyed.

I really do think he’s a good dude with good intentions with the rivalry sportwear line. But long delays with minimal communication isn’t good for his brand and what he’s trying to do. And word of mouth gets around quick in the jersey community.

One thought I had about Trucustoms is how his operations may/may not change, with him blowing up in the hobby. I wonder how prices or turnarounds will be impacted. It could really go either way, based on however his set up is.

Those wolves shorts are so dope. I kinda regret selling mine. But I only wore them once or twice at most and sold off a bunch of stuff I knew I would rarely wear.

Exactly
From what I’ve seen, it looks like mdiddys work is spot on. But the communication and inconsistent turnaround time mixed with lack of transparency is something he needs to fix.

And to be fair, he seems like a decent guy. He’s not scamming or taking peoples money, you’re ultimately going to get your stuff. But when someone is paying a decent amount for a product and is led to believe they’re going to get it within a specific timeframe, if you’re not able to fulfill things on time, you need to be transparent. You should be going through orders and reaching out to buyers personally and giving them a courtesy email before they hit you up asking what’s going on. They shouldn’t be complaining on pages like this to where it’s multiple complaints.

Perhaps he would be better suited scaling back on orders until he can get everything in line in terms of production and customization etc to where the turnaround time is a more reasonable timeframe. Taking on more than he can handle isn’t the best move.

From what I’ve seen. People who’ve been in this hobby are usually aware that custom stuff can have a long turnaround time and people are generally patient. But when it gets almost a year with minimal communication. Even more patient people will start to get annoyed.

I really do think he’s a good dude with good intentions with the rivalry sportwear line. But long delays with minimal communication isn’t good for his brand and what he’s trying to do. And word of mouth gets around quick in the jersey community.
Exactly. Tru takes a small deposit and takes the rest of the balance when the work is done.

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your perspective, businesses like this are destined to get beyond the one man show they are. Then it's up to the individual to either expand, or stagnate.

I’d be a customer of the customization dudes but when the product is done. Don’t need the stress of hassling someone for an item I’ve already paid for. Like if I send something to EPS, it may take 6 months but there’s no bill until it’s complete

Exactly

Exactly. Tru takes a small deposit and takes the rest of the balance when the work is done.

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your perspective, businesses like this are destined to get beyond the one man show they are. Then it's up to the individual to either expand, or stagnate.

I wasn’t aware of that. But that makes me much more likely to do business with Tru than I would Mdiddy. I’m fine making a downpayment and paying the remainder when the product is finished. It sounds like mdiddy wants the entire payment upfront. Which aside from getting criticized online about slow turnaround times, takes away any incentive to get everything done timely since he’s already been paid in full.

The general consensus toward tru Authentic has been positive on here. It’ll be interesting to see how things go with him as he gets a larger and larger audience.

Yup he’s a good dude, hasn’t scammed anyone. I got started with jerseys because I copped my first authentic from him. 2004 Nike white Kobe Sunday alternate.
Dude has/had a dope collection but all the nonessnse with people waiting years for either refunds or jerseys and getting run around and eventually getting what’s theirs can’t be ignored.

Back
Top Bottom