Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

DWade for those interested.
image.jpg
Doesn't look shiny enough. Is it in person?

Shorts are TTS. I have both and the fit is similar. Waistband is unforgiving if for example: you're a natural 38" waist and you trying to make it work by squeezing into a medium instead of large.

Wanted to add to this:

I think my problem is that I fall between sizes on their size chart, I can wear an S or an M but I just prefer the slimmer look of the S.

Anyway, got the Grizzlies + 2 Wolves pairs in today in an M and they don't annihilate my waist, :lol:

If any of you are able to get away w/ wearing 2 different sizes, I'd go w/ the bigger size on these 3 pairs.

I still wasn’t wrong, it’s dazzle material just doesn’t look like the OG

wasn’t gonna cop a wade either way

need that Kobe finals to drop on lids🤝

Well, guys.

Remember a couple post back I mentioned I copped an Iverson rookie away jersey that was on sale, after coming back into inventory from being sold out, and I copped with the F&F sale?

Well F Mitchell & Ness as they just emailed my cancellation, just as I feared when listening to some of you guy's feedback.

I rather order from other vendors going forward and will never step foot on their website again. SMH.

Waste of my time.

Looking at that Wade more, the crest and number are placed quite high. It's above the armpit. How does it look when wearing it?

That's crazy it's not shiny even in person. What the heck is the material then?

Always count on M&N to mess it up.

That company is done.

At least you could forgive the mistakes on earlier runs with the sheer quantity of releases.

Now that they're dropping one authentic per semester, it's really hard to justify this level of laziness and lack of attention to detail.

Their target is the casuals now. It just is what it is.

Looking at that Wade more, the crest and number are placed quite high. It's above the armpit. How does it look when wearing it?

That's crazy it's not shiny even in person. What the heck is the material then?
the "Nike dri fit" material, which i have passionately pointed out in previous posts. also, i'm certain the cut is resemblance of the current Vietnam run. The corner will be touching your arm pits.

Always count on M&N to mess it up.

That company is done.

At least you could forgive the mistakes on earlier runs with the sheer quantity of releases.

Now that they're dropping one authentic per semester, it's really hard to justify this level of laziness and lack of attention to detail.

Their target is the casuals now. It just is what it is.
well said MN shooting themselves on the foot. they need to cut out these abomination junk releases and collaborations, and focus on what they do best: nostalgia. Stop with the cookie cutter production, and focus more on accuracy. Keep it simple. Price fairly and sell by volume.

At this point cop on deep discounts only and scour the Interwebz for the older releases because we all know that M&N sold their souls years ago and there is no going back.

we all know that M&N sold their souls years ago and there is no going back.

That's exactly it - they were started as someone trying to faitfully replicate historic jerseys - then they were sold to a corporation so their only interest is profit - they don't care that we aren't happy with aspects of what they sell - as long as someone is buying them.

for lebron first year as a heat did he wear the shiny jersey? Only reason I am asking because my coworker had the shiny jersey and wore it when they played the mavs in the finals... I was wondering if it was fake or not lol... the shiny jersey is dope though imo

for lebron first year as a heat did he wear the shiny jersey? Only reason I am asking because my coworker had the shiny jersey and wore it when they played the mavs in the finals... I was wondering if it was fake or not lol... the shiny jersey is dope though imo
Nah, that was the first year of the revolution 30 jerseys. No more shiney material for any teams.

Lebron, Bosh and Wade wore the shiny dazzle jerseys during that celebration when LeBron proclaimed he was going to win not 1 not 2 not 3, etc. Championships in Miami. At the start of the season, heat wore rev 30 jerseys.

That's exactly it - they were started as someone trying to faitfully replicate historic jerseys - then they were sold to a corporation so their only interest is profit - they don't care that we aren't happy with aspects of what they sell - as long as someone is buying them.

This isn’t just for m&n. It also applies to fanatics (which has a monopoly in terms of sports apparel sites), and Nike who makes the current on field/court stuff for the NBA, NFL and MLB.

Jersey enthusiasts like a lot of us in this thread and who are on some of the different FB groups aren’t their ideal customer. We usually pay attention to details, we want accuracy, and we want a product that’s similar to what the players wore/wear.

That’s not a good fit for companies who like to cut corners and don’t give a damn about details.

It’s a big reason why these companies tend to mainly go with replicas and swingmans and barely put out Authentics anymore. The average customer and casual is much more comfortable paying full price for a swingman and they’ll sell a lot more swingmans than they do Authentics. With current jerseys, Nike is damn near phasing them out by limiting what they make and releasing stuff with much smaller production numbers. All of this ultimately sucks for us as customers.

the "Nike dri fit" material, which i have passionately pointed out in previous posts. also, i'm certain the cut is resemblance of the current Vietnam run. The corner will be touching your arm pits.

It's not "dri-fit" dimple mesh though. It's knit the same as Dazzle, but it's not shiny. It almost looks like the Kobe HWC 04-05.

The OG Lakers HWC is actually soft dazzle flipped inside out, with the matte finish on the outside. M&N did pretty well, just without the silk finish inside. The End product is somewhere between double-knit polyester with a hint of sheen. I wonder if this is what they mesed up.

Not trying to argue. justsharing thoughts.

(Click)
ajy43254-mhe05dwascar_4.jpg ajy4cp19005-lalltbl04kbr_3.jpg

It's not "dri-fit" dimple mesh though. It's knit the same as Dazzle, but it's not shiny. It almost looks like the Kobe HWC 04-05.

The OG Lakers HWC is actually soft dazzle flipped inside out, with the matte finish on the outside. M&N did pretty well, just without the silk finish inside. The End product is somewhere between double-knit polyester with a hint of sheen. I wonder if this is what they mesed up.

Not trying to argue. justsharing thoughts.

(Click)
ajy43254-mhe05dwascar_4.jpg ajy4cp19005-lalltbl04kbr_3.jpg

I appreciate the contributors to this forum and the details you guys point out. I'm learning quite a bit about all of this and not only is this interesting but contributes to the standard of "quality" that consumers like us should always strive for.

there is an obvious design input process for many of the team jersey designs in the 90s and 00's, like why the 97 bulls pinstripe jersey ended up in 98 without the pinstripe, because 1) its ugly af (sarcasm) and 2) there was feedback from the players it was restrictive.

Back
Top Bottom